Dynadot

Epik fails to refund on second day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Epik's scam continues. They fail to register .com/.net.
They take the money from instore.
After 30 hours, domains still not registered , or registered elsewhere,
but no refunds.
They have been warned/reminded about this several times starting from the first hour.
No improvement. They just say , there is an issue.

Ok, you may have an issue with the registry. But why can't you put the money back to instore?????
Moving money to instore DOEN'T EVEN COST ANYTHING for them.
This is an obvious scam.
Maybe they hope, eventually we forget about it, so
it will be free money for them.

Register .com for us: their profit may be 1 USD.
Fail to register and not refund: their profit: 10 USD.

Customer service always escalates to tech team.
And we don't have direct contact with the tech team, which may not even exist.
They are playing goodpolice-badpolice.

The same bug was fixed many times recently, and still it comes back
in a worse form every time.

EDIT: Looks like all those "bugs" are now gradually being fixed. (And i don't have problem with masterbucks (so far) like others do, because I don't move cash out.)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Epik's scam continues. They fail to register .com/.net.
They take the money from instore.
After 30 hours, domains still not registered , or registered elsewhere,
but no refunds.
They are warned/reminded about this several times starting from the first hour.
No improvement. They just say , there is an issue.

Ok, you may have an issue with the registry. But why can't you put the moneyback to instore?????
Moving money to instore DOEN'T EVEN COST ANYTHING for them.
This is an obvious scam.
Maybe they hope, eventually we forget about it, so
it will be free money for them.

Register .com for us: their profit may be 1 USD.
Fail to register and not refund: their profit: 10 USD.

Customer service always escalates to tech team.
And we don't have direct contact with the tech team, which may not even exist.
They are playing goodpolice-badpolice.

The same bug was fixed many times recently, and still it comes back
in a worse form every time.
Are you aware of this other thread? There are major issues at Epik now, people can't withdraw their funds either for a month or so and people have trouble registering .com domains.

•••
Yes, I'm aware of Masterbucks withdrawal problem, but it can theoretically be related to something outside their control, such as things related to recipient's country.
But most likely either they are cash hungry and don't want to liquidate their assets for a "low price",
or there is a scammer there, who plans to steal lots of money and disappear.

Most likely their tech team is guilty, or there is a rat or backdoor and they are not aware of it.
I can't blame their customer service.

Last edited:
•••
why u keep using epik man? so u can post how it ain't working?

•••
BTW Dynadot also fails to register (even before maintenance), and Namesilo is very slow as well. All top 3 of the past sucks. At Namesilo, a simple 1 byte data change (turning off forced autorenewal) takes minutes, also they don't send authcode although they claim to.

Whatever they have to do but don't want to do, they slow it down at least , and hope we eventually give up.

Also they (Namesilo, Namecheap, 101domain,..) orders privacy (,or something similar, free or not) with each order without our consent (or we have to remove), and it is not clear whether that free thing will be renewed as a nonfree thing automatically, although privacy is gdpr requirement unless not wanted and should be free.

Last edited:
•••
Epik now improving itself. Maybe in the new future I won't have any complaints.

•••
Registered a .gl domain, and they failed to register it even after 4 days. They are giving store credits which I don't want, and want a refund on the original payment source, and I'll not stop becoming a headache for them until they do so. They also disabled the chat access for me when logged-in.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back