Dynadot

debate Why do you hate new domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Please help me understand why there is such hostility towards buying recent registered domain names? If somebody offers me a nice two word name with 20000 monthly searches why would I care in the slightest if the name was registered last week or last century? I have no hang-ups about buying a name that somebody registered yesterday. Bread is bread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't care about the age, but majority of really valuable domains are aged (quite easy to understand why). Before acquiring a domain always ask yourself why someone renewed that domain or why it was available and someone regged it recently.

Also end users don't care about age, it's a detail some might find interesting only in the wholesale market.

Last edited:
•••
Is it correct that the only way to guarantee the purity of a domain name is a newly-registered name that has never been registered before?

If you define purity in this way of course. But what is the purity of a domain? I never heard about it. Also there are going to infinity numebr of domains under this requirement that can be freely registered. This "purity" 99,9999999% of the times means wothless.

If someone registered covid19.com 30 seconds after the name was announced that name could be worth $ 100000 within a week. Then the age wouldn't be important. So new trends can significantly affect the age argument.
Maybe, the point is that it's very unlikely you'll be the one able to catch that keyword before the others. There are gazillion arbitrage opportunitities every second, why you don't pick them? it's the same.

I'm not going to list them here but a good number of active #cryptocurrencies have not registered the .org name. Some have not even registered the .com name. I wonder why? I thought it would be common sense to do so for brand protection.
There are also many shitcoins

Last edited:
•••
@AEProgram you shared many interesting observations

"You are taking the request domains section of this site way too serious"

I take domain names and monetisation very seriously because it's my bread. Weekends are for chaos and messing about.

"People asking that are either newbies or people that really mean don't send me random handregs that have a keyword in it that i'm looking for"

I'm newbie.

"As a rule, whatever budget someone claims they have, minus it by 99%, that's really what they want to spend (if you have a super premium like shoes.com). So if they say their budget is 1000 its really about 10 dollars plus a box of ramen noodles and a gd coupon and they might want a 36 year payment plan."

I said yesterday my budget was £ 50 ceiling for each domain. I meant it. Why would somebody lie about their budget?

"The whole request domain section has room for improvement. People should have to post the domains they are offering and the price so everyone could see what the OP is rejecting and everyone could see the spammers too"

I received 10 or so submissions yesterday and today. Overall most of the domains were very close to my requirements and I made two purchases.

"I browse that section as my daily entertainment. I like the ones that are looking to buy a name similar to what was just reported sold in the recently sold section"

Silly-billies!

"The real way to run a request domains section would involve people putting a percent of their budget in escrow. Watch the section get one post a decade or simply only have posts with people with their real budgets"

Yesterday was my first post on wanted and I was very pleased with the outcome. Still waiting on a third offer which hasn't been accepted or rejected yet (hint hint to the seller, DEADLINE is 10 pm BST which is 5 pm EST)

•••
Is it correct that the only way to guarantee the purity of a domain name is a newly-registered name that has never been registered before?

•••
I'm not going to list them here but a good number of active #cryptocurrencies have not registered the .org name. Some have not even registered the .com name. I wonder why? I thought it would be common sense to do so for brand protection.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back