Dynadot

status-done Why am I unable to receive Direct Messages?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Out of nowhere, people are unable to send DM to me.
Is there a limit to how many DMs I can receive, and if so, why is there no option to delete old DMs?
I currently have 80 conversations in my inbox is that the maximum amount I can receive?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you ask an admin or mod for help?

•••
Out of nowhere, people are unable to send DM to me.
Is there a limit to how many DMs I can receive, and if so, why is there no option to delete old DMs?
I currently have 80 conversations in my inbox is that the maximum amount I can receive?
No, there is not a limit.

On Friday, you changed your account settings to disallow it. Please be careful to not update settings if you don't fully understand them, because it could result in unintended consequences like this.

We've updated it for you, but you still won't be notified when you receive a direct message because you disabled that too. You can change your settings here:

Please let us know if you need anything else.

•••
why is there no option to delete old DMs?

You can 'Leave Conversation'

You get NP message "Leaving a conversation will remove it from your conversation list." when you are about to leave a conversation

Conversation is between two/more people, thus why you cannot delete DMs. I think it is safe, makes resolving conflicts easier, imagine if someone is scammed or threatened - its important for the history to be saved for review otherwise perpetrator can just delete DM to cover up or further manipulate.

Last edited:
•••
No, there is not a limit.

On Friday, you changed your account settings to disallow it. Please be careful to not update settings if you don't fully understand them, because it could result in unintended consequences like this.

We've updated it for you, but you still won't be notified when you receive a direct message because you disabled that too. You can change your settings here:

Please let us know if you need anything else.
Welcome to NP! :xf.wink:

•••
You can 'Leave Conversation'

You get NP message "Leaving a conversation will remove it from your conversation list." when you are about to leave a conversation

Conversation is between two/more people, thus why you cannot delete DMs. I think it is safe, makes resolving conflicts easier, imagine if someone is scammed or threatened - its important for the history to be saved for review otherwise perpetrator can just delete DM to cover up or further manipulate.
Correct, thanks for posting that. :)

To add to it:

If you leave a conversation, you may not be able to access it again.

If we allowed deleting of conversations, then you would be able to delete a conversation of someone else's and members wouldn't like it if conversations of theirs started disappearing from their inbox.

•••
Last edited:
•••
And Support Team....

Thank you for understanding :xf.wink:

What is difficult to understand? I can clarify

Basically,
There is an option to leave a conversation

There is no option to delete DMs

There are many reasons why it is not wise to allow members to delete DMs
like safety, conflict resolutions with help from MODs etc

plus @Support Team explained further why it is not allowed

•••
What is difficult to understand? I can clarify

Basically,
There is an option to leave a conversation

There is no option to delete DMs

There are many reasons why it is not wise to allow members to delete DMs
like safety, conflict resolutions with help from MODs etc

plus @Support Team explained further why it is not allowed

Sorry @tldboss

My comment was a private joke directed at Support Team and had nothing to do with your comment.

•••
•••
No worries @MapleDots, update is much appreciated

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back