NameSilo

Why am I still in whois and getting emails?

Labeled as question in General Domain Discussion, started by Gary Moore, Feb 21, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Gary Moore

Gary Moore Established Member

I have several domains that I sold about a month or so ago and the transfer went through without an issue. Now I am getting emails from GD about them expiring and when I look up the whois, it still has my info. What's up with this?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. CrazyChicken

CrazyChicken Established Member

Did you push these domains to the buyers?

There is an option to change registrant info or keep it the same right before you push it. The is probaby how that happened.

3. Gary Moore

Gary Moore Established Member

Ah, ok. So should I keep it the same? Because when I say change, it asks me for my info.

4. SuperDomains.com

SuperDomains.com Established Member

Did the buyer ever update the registrant contact information? It doesn't appear to be the case. The new owner of the domain name needs to update the registrant, administrative and technical contact information for the domain.

Until they do that, you still have ownership of the domains based on what is noted in the WHOIS.

5. CrazyChicken

CrazyChicken Established Member

There are three options.
    • Enter new details
    • Use details from specified customer account
    • Do not change
    The second one allows you to automatically use their details whne they accept the domain.

6. bonavee

bonavee Established Member

When I had the same 'problem', I simply contacted GD Support AND copied the buyer. Apparently, the buyer did not know how to change the WHOIS info despite my simple instruction. GD Support eventually helped him out.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice