IT.COM

question Why am I still in whois and getting emails?

NameSilo
Watch

Gary Moore

Established Member
Impact
I have several domains that I sold about a month or so ago and the transfer went through without an issue. Now I am getting emails from GD about them expiring and when I look up the whois, it still has my info. What's up with this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you push these domains to the buyers?

There is an option to change registrant info or keep it the same right before you push it. The is probaby how that happened.

•••
Ah, ok. So should I keep it the same? Because when I say change, it asks me for my info.
There are three options.
  • Enter new details
  • Use details from specified customer account
  • Do not change
The second one allows you to automatically use their details whne they accept the domain.

•••
Ah, ok. So should I keep it the same? Because when I say change, it asks me for my info.

•••
I have several domains that I sold about a month or so ago and the transfer went through without an issue. Now I am getting emails from GD about them expiring and when I look up the whois, it still has my info. What's up with this?
Did the buyer ever update the registrant contact information? It doesn't appear to be the case. The new owner of the domain name needs to update the registrant, administrative and technical contact information for the domain.

Until they do that, you still have ownership of the domains based on what is noted in the WHOIS.

•••
...Now I am getting emails from GD about them expiring and when I look up the whois, it still has my info. What's up with this?

When I had the same 'problem', I simply contacted GD Support AND copied the buyer. Apparently, the buyer did not know how to change the WHOIS info despite my simple instruction. GD Support eventually helped him out.

•••
Back