Domain Empire

Whois history

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone know how to get Whois history without paying for it? DomainTools (formerly Whois.sc) charges for this.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Chappy,

Good question. Whois must be archived, and yup, it's a process of collections and storage - which equates to a revenue source. If or when you or any NPer finds a free source, please post it.

In the meantime, I have found the "Wayback Machine" useful for domain history: http://web.archive.org/collections/web.html

Thanks for the Q and good luck :)

•••
I pay. It's not that bad..about 50 cents a day. I'd like to find it free though.

•••
whois.ws has a limited amount of history. It is free, so you may want to give it a shot.

•••
Thanks fellas. - I guess I'm a cheapskate...:)

•••
There really isn't any other source for the data as far as I know. There was a company providing it a few years go for way more than what domaintools does, but it was only affordable for lawyers and such. I don't know if that company even exists any more.

If you have the odd case and don't abuse it, some members here will occassionally look one up for you. I've done this for others a time or two and PM'd them what they were looking for. Usually in the case of a helping resolve a problem or dispute.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back