Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Whois history

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Chappy

VIP Member
Impact
28
Anyone know how to get Whois history without paying for it? DomainTools (formerly Whois.sc) charges for this.

Thanks!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi Chappy,

Good question. Whois must be archived, and yup, it's a process of collections and storage - which equates to a revenue source. If or when you or any NPer finds a free source, please post it.

In the meantime, I have found the "Wayback Machine" useful for domain history: http://web.archive.org/collections/web.html

Thanks for the Q and good luck :)
 
0
•••
I pay. It's not that bad..about 50 cents a day. I'd like to find it free though.
 
0
•••
whois.ws has a limited amount of history. It is free, so you may want to give it a shot.
 
1
•••
Thanks fellas. - I guess I'm a cheapskate...:)
 
0
•••
There really isn't any other source for the data as far as I know. There was a company providing it a few years go for way more than what domaintools does, but it was only affordable for lawyers and such. I don't know if that company even exists any more.

If you have the odd case and don't abuse it, some members here will occassionally look one up for you. I've done this for others a time or two and PM'd them what they were looking for. Usually in the case of a helping resolve a problem or dispute.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back