NameSilo

WhoaDomain.com SOLD HANDREG BullionBlocks.com for $8,000

Labeled as information in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by WhoaDomain.com, Sep 13, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.com WhoaDomain.com VIP Gold Account

UPDATE.

It seems I probably could have asked for more for this domain.

It also seems that the new owner of this domain is not BullionBlock the blockchain company. or I could be wrong.

What I do know is they really should have their tech guys change the nameserver for BullionBlocks.com lol

The new registrant for this domain is Aurum Management. Website is Aurum.com

have a look and let me know your thoughts and opinions in the comments. here's mine.

I don't really care if I could have gotten more than $8,000 for this domain.

A domainer should never sell a domain at a price that if he found out later it sold for double or 5 or 10 times more that he'll jump off a cliff the next day.

This really should ultimately decide the price of a domain sold in the aftermarket.

Always sell at a price that you won't care how much it sold later. That way you can sleep better at night.

At $8,000 I can sleep well and peacefully.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

Exactly - it is what it is.......8k is a good price - would of been very hard to equate this domain to that company, I could not see anything on their site that would suggest any interest......

Edit:

I did not sign up and check any specific funds though.....

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 6:14 PM
  3. vindo

vindo New Member

This is what I was expecting in the reply. Thank you for explaining this case, I really appreciate it. And last night I was the one who didn't sleep thinking about this case/sale. Now I can say that I understand this sale better than yesterday. Thanks alot for explaining, this will definitely help me as a beginner in this business.
    And Congrats again @WhoaDomain.com, enjoy !

4. jim h

jim h Upgraded Member Gold Account

5. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats on the sale, but remember you have to account for all the domains you don't sell in a year, not just the ones you do sell.

Brad

6. WhoaDomain.com

Let me worry about that. Auctions coming soon. it all evens out at the end of the year. I have unaccounted for tiny sales that cover my yearly expenses.

7. WhoaDomain.com

You are welcome. You've peaked my curiousity. what's your bullion domain names?

in fact, anyone reading this.

What's your bullion domain names?

who knows? Aurum.com might want it too?(y):xf.wink:

There's your sales lead right there Namepros! don't say I never did you guys a favor!

8. WhoaDomain.com

lol I know right?

9. Nirus

Nirus New Member

10. WhoaDomain.com

It can happen to any domainer! Even you! Good luck!

11. Nirus

Nirus New Member

Thanks buddy.

12. CobraKai

CobraKai Established Member

Congrats on the sale. However, I feel the buyer will wished that they had signed a NDA with you. Namepros is top notch with their SEO and their Google Page Rank is pretty high so when the owner or anyone googles bullionblocks.com, this thread pops up on the first page results. Finding out that you've spent $30 on the domain that they paid $8k for won't feel good either. Just my opinion and I think it might affect future sales on your marketplace as potential buyers don't want to be your trophy sale.

13. ramkumaritrvs

ramkumaritrvs Happiest man in the world PRO VIP

Here is my top 3 bullion names,

BullionStocks.com
    BullionForex.com
    SecureBullion.com

14. WhoaDomain.com

It might also make buyers more aware that an NDA is an option which is of course not free.

If a buyer really wants a domain and mentions this thread as a bargaining chip of sorts then it just tells me how much they want the domain. That only works in my favor. So win win.

So this thread helps to filter out "tire kickers".

I'm a glass is half full kind of guy. Can't worry about the tsunami or earthquake or atomic bomb that may or may not happen tomorrow.

I worry about putting food on the table for me and my family today.

I'll worry about what you said when it happens.

Let me worry my business. I don't jump into anything without planning. Everything and anything has been accounted for. No sinking ships here but thanks for the concern. Much appreciated. Best of luck to you my friend.

Stay safe and healthy.

15. WhoaDomain.com

Forgot to say thanks. Thank you!

16. WhoaDomain.com

Now THOSE are WAY better than MINE!! lol

I suggest you contact Aurum.com and see what you can negotiate. Good luck!

17. WhoaDomain.com

you are welcome. but I'm no expert so don't take my words like law. take in info from others on here way more seasoned than me.

best of luck!

18. WhoaDomain.com

I agree. I never would have thought this company would want this domain. Domaining never ceases to amaze me! even 20 years later! lol

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020 at 11:09 PM
  19. zomainhacks

zomainhacks Established Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020 at 4:26 PM
  20. zomainhacks

zomainhacks Established Member

Just noticed someone regged the second options gTLD 5 days ago. Smart or dumb?

21. jamesall

jamesall BrandEntrance.com VIP Gold Account

22. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

Great price for a confusingly similar domain.

23. WhoaDomain.com

lol. I'm always fascinated by the human compulsion to care what other people do with their time and money and business.

Don't get me wrong. Curiosity is a human gift and curse from the Almighty.

reminds me when I use to live in the Burbs and neighbors would gossip about each other like how dumb they were for building a pool in an area prone to flooding.

I'm all for constructive criticism but me? I keep to my own yard and mind my own business. If someone wants to waste money building a pool in low lying country with no trees for miles. let them learn on their own.

why waste brain space wondering how smart or dumb their move is?

unless you care enough to go out your way to reach out and advise them on their folly why even bother thinking "smart or dumb"?

"Smart or dumb?" The question is moot really. If it's not my money why should I care?

imo

Also just wanted to give thanks to @James Iles for mentioning this thread in the thread below.

https://www.namepros.com/blog/top-t...00-the-august-domain-industry-report.1209123/

Paying it forward!

24. ramkumaritrvs

ramkumaritrvs Happiest man in the world PRO VIP

Aurum.com was not bought your domain. I have talked to CTO and he confirmed that.

25. WhoaDomain.com

hmmm then who is Aurum Management LLC? The plot thickens! dum dum dum! lol

doesn't matter a sale is a sale.

I did see another company just now. and I guess I was wrong. but I think I'm done figuring out who the final recipient of this domain is. just thankful for the sale and I wish the new owner good luck. what I will say is that I did not even realize I had way better domains than BullionBlocks.com in the "bullion category" like

BullionEurope.com
    BullionSuisse.com
    BullionSwitzerland.com
    BullionATM.com

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020 at 4:44 AM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice