IT.COM

.info Who owns .com/.net.info?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yesterday morning I got up after only my usual 3-4 hours sleep and little did I know what the day would bring.

Several hours of going through emails, sales threads, manual searches, etc. (the normal kind of day in the exciting life we domainers lead) and I found myself playing around wondering who had 'Iown.com'/.net/.info, but then knowing without even looking of course that they would all have been collected in the LLLL frenzy I just forgot about it and continued with work.

Later I was doing a search of the L-L-L-L.com's available, found a few I liked and reg'd them, then I found myself checking 'I-o-w-n.com', to my amazement it was free to hand reg, so I did, then I thought about the .net and .info, again both were free (but they are not now folks :hehe: ). So it just goes to show that you can never take for granted what is reg'd and what isn't.

Are these domains worth anything, who knows and in reality who cares. To me the value is in having them as a pure conversation stopper, I already have a certain person in mind. Give him his dues he has succceded big time but he loves rubbing everyones nose in it (nobody would speak to him if it were not that his wife is so charming and lovely). I cannot wait for the next time he says how much he is going to make in bonuses, I will just pop into the conversation that 'I have finally done it, it was hard and I nearly didn't succeed but now I own .com/.net/.info'.' :blink: :laugh:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LOL - took me a while to figure out wtf you were going on about - finally dawned on me -> initial 'I' is capital 'i' not lower-case 'L' ...! Nice one!

Interestingly enough, looks like Citigroup owns "I-own" .com and .net ...

•••
Filter, thanks for the 'Heads-Up' on Citygroup. I just did a check and they own the .com and .net of both 'iown' and 'i-own' (using lower case!). Now the question is what are their plans for them? Or come to that what are my plans?

•••
TheBaldOne said:
Yesterday morning I got up after only my usual 3-4 hours sleep and little did I know what the day would bring.

Several hours of going through emails, sales threads, manual searches, etc. (the normal kind of day in the exciting life we domainers lead)

sounds like my day... to a T

•••
Stub, glad I'm not the only one. :)

I wonder if their are some psychiatrists/psychologists out there thinking 'Not long before we see some of these people!'

Can you imagine 'Domainers Syndrome' could become famous - now I wonder if that is available in the .com? OMG I'm suffering from it.

:'( :'( :'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back