Dynadot

Who knows this guy?

NameSilo
Watch
I received a request, but I am not sure about this!
Your oppinion? What should I answer?

Here the corespondence:

----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. November 2015 20:32
An: XXXXXX
Betreff: Offer to purchase XXXXX.com
Hello!
Our client is interested in purchasing XXXXX.com for a new project.
I located your contact information in a domain name whois lookup.
The buyer is an investor from Qatar.
I represent his interests in this deal.
Are you still interested in selling?
The buyer can offer a good price.
If you have more names I can help you to sell them.
Are you an experienced seller?
Best Regards,
Brian Stauffer
Vice President
123 REG HOSTING

My answer:

Ok!
XXXXX.com US XXXXXX
Regards,
Ted

Response:

The buyer offers $xxxxx but he needs an additional security. He does not want to overpay or buy a domain with some restrictions.

Do you have a certificate?

He needs this for accounting/tax purposes.

If you don't have it's not a problem. You can order it online.

He needs it from a source he knows and trusts.

The certificate must include the following:

1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher, he will increase the price accordingly. In the domain name industry, there are many appraisal tools that people use to estimate the value of a domain name. My client does not want to
risk and doesn't accept services that use scripts. If you are unsure about some service feel free to ask me.

2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems. He would like this verification to be included in the appraisal report. It's not a problem because some companies include the TM verification for free.

I’m also interested in a good estimate of the market price because he pays me % on each sale.

You can read about certification agencies at http://archive.answers-google.org/answers/threadview/id/9471063.html (“Domain Broker” is my nickname).

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer and need a valuation near this value. Please ask them in the comment field if it's possible. If everything is ok with your domain, they will send you the payment instructions. If your domain has low value or some restrictions, they will not approve your request and you won't pay for the certification. So there is no risk for you.

2. After you get the certification via email, please send it to me and we will start the sale process. The buyer will purchase your domain via an escrow service. I may recommend a very reliable escrow service that supports Payoneer, Paypal, Wire, check and many other payment methods, so you can get your payment fast and easy.

We need to use the escrow because he wants to ensure the safe delivery of the funds to you. Furthermore, since this is our first time conducting any business, I believe that using a third-party escrow service can provide a safe, well defined process.

If you are new to certifications, I can send you step by step instructions.

That is!

So what do you think?
-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a scam unfortunately.

•••
Standard scam.

Last edited:
•••
Yes its a scam most of us have been emailed.

O_o

•••
Here the next step!

ME

On 05.11.2015 12:21, XXXXXX wrote:

Thank you for your information!

You are an experienced broker, you know the value of xxxx.com

If the buyer is interested on buying this domain name, he will do his necessary researches (or you) for his project.

I am not in hurry to sell this domain name! So I don´t need any certificate.

Thank you,

xxxxx

His answer:

I'm not an appraiser. My client won't pay anything without the independent certification. I understand your concerns. Please don't worry. Earlier I worked for Sedo and GreatDomains. My buyer is a serious investor. He will buy your domain after you order the certificate. He is a well known businessman in his country and take care about the reputation. I talked to him and he confirmed his intentions. I give you 100% guarantee.

I'm also interested in finishing this deal because my service are paid by my buyers as % upon every domain sale.

All my sellers who ordered certificates, sold their domains for very good money.

Of course, you must be sure you will sell it for at least $xxxxx. To avoid any risks just contact the certification agency at Smart Domain Sales Contact Page .

Please let them know you have a buyer with $xxxx offer and need a valuation near this value. Ask them if it's possible to certify the domain near this value or not. If it's possible, please ask them to sen you the payment instructions. If it's not possible you will not proceed with the payment. This way you will not lose anything.

Any thoughts how to answer?

•••
I wouldn't waste my time on him if I were you. :)

•••
Just report as spam and ignore.

This has been going around for a while.

•••
As others have said, it's a confirmed scam that's been going around for a while. You could always keep it going with him and waste his time making him think you're going to do it. But, I'd rather spend my time on other things and just block him.

•••
•••
Suggest you forward a copy of the email to

[email protected]

(a real registrar in the UK)

•••
Stop it. Hit the report spam button and move on with your life.

•••
Scam scam scam...Pls stay away from this type of "appraisals scams"

•••
•••
had the same exact guy message me about cermonius.com and it was for $12 K

•••
•••
Flags for me:
*would he be informing that they will pay a good price before negotiations?
*Why would he ask you if you are an experienced seller? He is a (Broker) he should be convincing you that he could sell your Domains better than you.

•••
haha he contacted me too. I had the domain listed at Sedo and Afternic for 450$ and he came offering 15000$ . What a luck!!! :xf.confused:

•••
I may even have missed 1 or 2 legit deals but I exit most about 1/3 of the way into reading them

•••
•••
They collect the emails from the new registered domains list available online and then email us.
They come with different faces: Designers, Developers, Brokers and more.

•••
Just spam the mail and don't waste any more of your time, I have received 100's if not 1000's of these spam from scammers.

•••
Tell them you have a higher offer from the same buyer from Qatar,so you can deal with the buyer directly.

Since its a scam i told this;

Otherwise I am a believer in ethics..not cutting anyone out lol :-,

•••
It broke my heart since i thought it was going to be my first sale. i recieved same kind of message saying he is a lawyer from switzerland these kind of people should be beaten with a whip after removing their clothes

•••
This is just one of many scam emails in domain business.

Hold on tight.

•••
But how can this person get profit from us by this scam email ??.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back