IT.COM

Who knows this guy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I received a request, but I am not sure about this!
Your oppinion? What should I answer?

Here the corespondence:

----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. November 2015 20:32
An: XXXXXX
Betreff: Offer to purchase XXXXX.com
Hello!
Our client is interested in purchasing XXXXX.com for a new project.
I located your contact information in a domain name whois lookup.
The buyer is an investor from Qatar.
I represent his interests in this deal.
Are you still interested in selling?
The buyer can offer a good price.
If you have more names I can help you to sell them.
Are you an experienced seller?
Best Regards,
Brian Stauffer
Vice President
123 REG HOSTING

My answer:

Ok!
XXXXX.com US XXXXXX
Regards,
Ted

Response:

The buyer offers $xxxxx but he needs an additional security. He does not want to overpay or buy a domain with some restrictions.

Do you have a certificate?

He needs this for accounting/tax purposes.

If you don't have it's not a problem. You can order it online.

He needs it from a source he knows and trusts.

The certificate must include the following:

1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher, he will increase the price accordingly. In the domain name industry, there are many appraisal tools that people use to estimate the value of a domain name. My client does not want to
risk and doesn't accept services that use scripts. If you are unsure about some service feel free to ask me.

2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems. He would like this verification to be included in the appraisal report. It's not a problem because some companies include the TM verification for free.

I’m also interested in a good estimate of the market price because he pays me % on each sale.

You can read about certification agencies at http://archive.answers-google.org/answers/threadview/id/9471063.html (“Domain Broker” is my nickname).

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer and need a valuation near this value. Please ask them in the comment field if it's possible. If everything is ok with your domain, they will send you the payment instructions. If your domain has low value or some restrictions, they will not approve your request and you won't pay for the certification. So there is no risk for you.

2. After you get the certification via email, please send it to me and we will start the sale process. The buyer will purchase your domain via an escrow service. I may recommend a very reliable escrow service that supports Payoneer, Paypal, Wire, check and many other payment methods, so you can get your payment fast and easy.

We need to use the escrow because he wants to ensure the safe delivery of the funds to you. Furthermore, since this is our first time conducting any business, I believe that using a third-party escrow service can provide a safe, well defined process.

If you are new to certifications, I can send you step by step instructions.

That is!

So what do you think?
-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They want you to pay for an 'appraisal'

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back