Domain Empire

Who hate to invest on 5l chips

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Flipsbay

Top Member
Impact
As the title says, Do we have members who hate to invest on 5l.com chips and see it as a bad investment and why?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They're selling anyway for sure. My main regret is that I didn't Pinyin as a GCSE subject at school. ;)

•••
if you ask for hate

you will get hate ...

I reged 25 today

•••
nor are you one of the drones we are looking for

:)

Well look ... From a registration perspective, it's a numbers game.
If you go at it from just a CHIPs view, there's 3.2 million 5L.

If you smartly purchase 5L (ie, buy the right ones) and you pre-plan $100 in renewals... Then selling 1 in 10 of what you buy over an eleven year period (with avg yearly renewal @ $9...) for $1,000... Then you've covered your cost on them all.

That side of the coin also suggests that not all 3.2 million have to be worth something. 1 in 10 says it's a numbers game and only 320,000 need to be worth an average of $1k aftermarket to break even. There's still plenty of upside from those bigger sales (ala $1,450 for 1). It still leaves room in the aftermarket for resellers to post-buy the best of them.

IMHO, crazier things have happened. We can debate back and forth if this is really the best place to put money or not -- but again, to each their own. I surely don't solely own 5L, nor would I suggest anyone do that -- putting all eggs in one basket is a means to failure. But surely there's success to be found in a diversified and logically devised portfolio.

•••
all 5L chips ending in RZY TZY are gone... know it is not a huge group but these are unique because some are brandable and a chip, eg CRRZY.com (crazy).

•••
You did not understand on 7$ i have profit. i can register cheap.

if this is reason you make profit, then what about most people who cannot get your reg prices

•••
I don't own any of them nor will I chase the trend. Not because I dislike them, but because I don't fully understand the market.

•••
Any 5L's I own, I bought because they were pronounceable and brandable. Other than the general rule of shorter being better, the fact that they were 5L's was irrelevant.

•••
Not hate but don't want to get in this 5L thing. I didn't buy/sell any 5L so called chips. IMO 5L, 7N, 8N is a pure speculation.

I don't think 5L or even 6L is a pure speculation. I know people makes handsome living selling them (You know selling the one that worth selling). I did see it coming but yeah I don't get 7N, 8N anyway.

•••
i register 5 Domains (5L domain) , and then in 7 days, they are sold up to $100 each on auction.. dont hate it when you making profit... that named business, so i just stay making profit from the trend..

what im doing rite now Just:
1. register 5L .com, then sell them (profit)
2. sell all of my 4L chinese .com (profit)
3. sell all of my Number domain NNNN ++ (profit).

I mean, why dont we making profit from the trend?? im not gambler. I hold all of my Pronouncable LLLL.com btw, I call it investment

•••
•••
^ ^

sorry, i don't do facebook either

;)

•••
•••
The few domainers who bought hundreds or thousands of them ( creating the hype ) are now selling them for reg fee or so...enough said.

•••
The few domainers who bought hundreds or thousands of them ( creating the hype ) are now selling them for reg fee or so...enough said.
Nice said :)

•••
I hold a bag full of 1 word chinese domains. They get traffic everyday and parked CPC. Should pay themselves off in 5 years :D. I sold all my hundreds for $3 above reg fee so at least I made some money. I used that profit money to buy the 1 words so we'll see how that goes.

•••
the key is buying the right ones

•••
In the end, you always have to ask...
Who will need or want it ?
5L without one word and coherent abbreviations are not going to have a strong need/want.
EX: VRone, usaWX, USpto, etc...
Some will sell for good $$$. but they would be the exception and not the rule.
I think many forget, it is the end user 'need' that determines value.
If investors pump the value past end user value, good luck to the last guy buying.
Future need is a speculative projection. It is a skill and a art.

•••
I've received some good offers for my 5L.coms despite a low demand season & market. But I'll give it a couple months before I accept anything. China continues its buying spree of domain names. My view is that we will continue to see buyouts of short names..

•••
5l domains on some days drop more than the sign ups and even trend down as far as open interest if e can call it that {borrowed from a commodities term} I think there will always be overhead suppy here. The buck stops at 4 letters in my book ,unless you have some heavy repeaters,,,Numbers are a whole NUTTER story,
There very limited

•••
if you ask about hate..there are alot of people hate investing in every thing not only 5l.com..i still remember some people who always said investing in 4l.net isn't wise ..you can see now how much are 4l.nets..the market is moving very fast faster more than what people can realize...it's just a matter of time we will see the future of 5l.com. we can't say any thing now .

•••
if you ask about hate..there are alot of people hate investing in every thing not only 5l.com..i still remember some people who always said investing in 4l.net isn't wise ..you can see now how much are 4l.nets..the market is moving very fast faster more than what people can realize...it's just a matter of time we will see the future of 5l.com. we can't say any thing now .
You are talking about 4l.net i have seen 4l.com hate 8-9 months ago LOL

The thing is we need to know why people hate 5l investment to do so we need to ask them :)

Thanks.

•••
only 5L premium patterns might have some value in the future. Patterns like AABAA
these patterns they already have value now
they are gone even in .net

•••

there isn't really much point in comparing 5l to 4l.

•••
there isn't really much point in comparing 5l to 4l.
i know
there isn't much point in comparing 4l to 3l
and there isn't much point in comparing 4l.net to 4l.com

when the domains are already available people must doubt about it's futures value

but people who want to gain profits must do some risk if they don't then there is no profit.
even the one who registered pizza.com he made some risk because it was available and no one wanted it at that time

•••
i know
there isn't much point in comparing 4l to 3l
and there isn't much point in comparing 4l.net to 4l.com

when the domains are already available people must doubt about it's futures value

but people who want to gain profits must do some risk if not then there is no profit.
even the one who registered pizza.com made some risk because it was available and no one wanted it at that time

I agree
NO COURAGE NO GLORY!
hehe

cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back