Domain Empire

discuss CHIPS and NON CHIPS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
No one seems to care about any other names except CHIPS?

I am not a CHIPS person as I cannot predict the trend of chips in the future so I stick with what I know well for the moment (So I can sleep at night!!!)

Just sold an LLL .us yesterday on Afternic for $1,000 after listing here and no one wants to offer even $50 but I can sleep at night with my non chips.

Beside with chips crazy pricing it would take a lot of money to invest so I stay out for now.

Good luck to chips fans.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't get it. OK - i understand the LLLL.com's and NNNN.coms, even NNNNN.coms but

Why the hell somebody will buy
jfc.cc for $1751 or xjc.cc for $ 1800 , etc.

Man - how they earned their money? Lottery?

PLease, explain this madness.

•••
I don't get it. OK - i understand the LLLL.com's and NNNN.coms, even NNNNN.coms but

Because one of the meanings for jfc is "diet tea" and for xjc is "cars" in simplified Chinese. Premium keywords.

•••
I like the post. Good to hear LLL.us sold for $1k.

•••

You are saying this same statement as those who has no domain idea. You said its madness.OK! really, madness that converts to money?

•••
'Tis a "Chinese Premium", or a domain containing no vowels or the letter v.

Takes a bit of getting used to initially, granted.

I am Sorry I am new here. So you are saying that if a domain does not contain any of the letter a,e,i,o,u,v in it then it is a CHIPS. How much would a 5L.com CHIPS be worth today ?

•••
I am Sorry I am new here. So you are saying that if a domain does not contain any of the letter a,e,i,o,u,v in it then it is a CHIPS. How much would a 5L.com CHIPS be worth today ?
Yes that's right. 5L average price can be seen HERE at 111.co. Any with repeating letters are worth more, that end in "w" or that have Chinese meaning (place name abbreviations for example). Namebio will show daily sales of decent ones.

•••
Yes that's right. 5L average price can be seen HERE at 111.co. Any with repeating letters are worth more, that end in "w" or that have Chinese meaning (place name abbreviations for example). Namebio will show daily sales of decent ones.

Thank you for your response. However I could not make any sense of the link which shows a bunch of graphs. Couldn't figure out what the graphs show.

•••
I rationalized the entire CHIPs surge with this.

It is a fact that they are buying many a name and number domains, so many in fact, I 'can't see' where there can be a end user need/demand for use in the next 10 years to warrant the pricing. Perhaps I am wrong but of the ten's of thousands of names, how many end users even having the need could afford them, even at the buying price. 98% of them will have cob-webs in 10 years. Where are the end user/buyers with money to spend to be coming from? Show me stats on where those buyers are and you are showing me the money.
If there is a solid foundation to the buying, that should not be a problem.

I still can understand value in 3L and 4L names but not in all TLD's. You can corner the market with all TLD's at present. But there are 3 new TLD's a week anymore. I don't collect snowflakes either.
If not for CHIPs, most new registry's would be belly up. Where is the value in 100 "something.anythings" ?

So, the way I see it is "to sell what they deem as valuable now", just like the old domain dogs have been doing, 'cause they know when to get out'. (you might notice they are not buying them but slowly selling them and with hype to raise the value even more) and "then put that money in names and/or site development that will have a end-user need in the next 5 years". Even the "not so smart money" looks for a ROI in 5 years.

When the interest of new money stops, it's game over.

•••
I bet you didn't get much more than $50 for it eather, after they jabbed it to you with their commission fee.

•••
I think I finally put a end to my question of some (not all) of what started the CHIPs craze.
It has been bugging me for some time and I wanted to be able to recognize it again if it happened.

Watching how some of the Chinese were buying names and concluded that they were creating "portable assets" in the onset of a falling Chinese stock market. It may even been some of the cause of their falling market. It certainly added to the panic.

But something more was going on with some of them.
It is because many in Hong Kong were/are looking to escape with their assets.
They are not allowed to put their money were they might do such a thing. And the government could seize it or freeze it in a foreign bank was a great fear. It was just a few in the early days of this buying real 'quality assets' in names.
Now it has grown past the rational thinking but they have created a good method and I am sure many will try to follow.

So, many, not all, are using domains as that portable asset so they can leave the country and sell their wealth when comfortably in a free market country.

The craze they started continues and I'm just waiting to hear when the word of what is happening gets out.
I suspect they will stop the visa's of those wanting to travel abroad.

But it 'could' put a end to the crazy buying. Just wanted to point that out if you play chip's.
There may be enough buyers to continue the craze but I doubt it. It depends when the selling starts and the volume of it.
Those that bought the quality names and sell them slowly will do well. I hope the best for them.

Just a crystal ball projection -/- my speculation. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

•••
I think I finally put a end to my question of some (not all) of what started the CHIPs craze.
It has been bugging me for some time and I wanted to be able to recognize it again if it happened.

Watching how some of the Chinese were buying names and concluded that they were creating "portable assets" in the onset of a falling Chinese stock market. It may even been some of the cause of their falling market. It certainly added to the panic.

But something more was going on with some of them.
It is because many in Hong Kong were/are looking to escape with their assets.
They are not allowed to put their money were they might do such a thing. And the government could seize it or freeze it in a foreign bank was a great fear. It was just a few in the early days of this buying real 'quality assets' in names.
Now it has grown past the rational thinking but they have created a good method and I am sure many will try to follow.

So, many, not all, are using domains as that portable asset so they can leave the country and sell their wealth when comfortably in a free market country.

The craze they started continues and I'm just waiting to hear when the word of what is happening gets out.
I suspect they will stop the visa's of those wanting to travel abroad.

But it 'could' put a end to the crazy buying. Just wanted to point that out if you play chip's.
There may be enough buyers to continue the craze but I doubt it. It depends when the selling starts and the volume of it.
Those that bought the quality names and sell them slowly will do well. I hope the best for them.

Just a crystal ball projection -/- my speculation. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Rational man, at last...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back