IT.COM

question Who do you use for .info domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

branding

Private InvestorTop Member
Impact
I recently acquired an old portfolio containing close to 300 .info domains and am looking to consolidate those at a registrar that's affordable.

Compared to .com they're pretty steep on renewal and transfer so I was wondering who you are using for your .info domains?

I would go and move them all to Dynadot but at $16 a pop... If I could bring that down to about $10 /name for transfer/renewal that would save a lot :).

Please don't mention ionos. Smaller/local registrars are fine if they pass my risk assessment :)

Any advice appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well if u don't wanna be smart then give
into bad hype and avoid ionos like it's a parasite from a nearby crater ...

enjoy overpaying elsewhere then.. and I'll enjoy my 3usd ionos transfers...mahaha..bahahaha..mouahahha

•••
well if u don't wanna be smart then give
into bad hype and avoid ionos like it's a parasite from a nearby crater ...

enjoy overpaying elsewhere then.. and I'll enjoy my 3usd ionos transfers...mahaha..bahahaha..mouahahha

It's not about the bad reviews. Ionos doesn't cater to my country. Been like that for ages and they refuse to add it to their list. Could use their UK site to circumvent that but not sure if that would have implications.

Also, after a year you'll have to move again. Renewal at their pricing is a no go so better to look for a long-term relationship with a registrar who's more price friendly.

•••
It's not about the bad reviews. Ionos doesn't cater to my country. Been like that for ages and they refuse to add it to their list. Could use their UK site to circumvent that but not sure if that would have implications.

Also, after a year you'll have to move again. Renewal at their pricing is a no go so better to look for a long-term relationship with a registrar who's more price friendly.

ah ok..well 99percent people who say what u said how u said it..imply they just heard bad reviews of ionos.. well they ain't great but in the end okay.

well..u are right 300 info is a lot to transfer round each year still 13 vs 3usd is huge. I wouldn't do it if it was 7 or 8.

still I only got 30 info..not 300

curious..what's the top3 of the old info u bought? info are mega hard sales.. but my one lucky sale of fresh reg wesley at 5k covered me for years of failure.. and then some..so now and then I still reg few... but overall unless u got movies..crypto.. car... and all the strong single 1word... info is dead end..

that's why daily people are letting expire 1worders that in org net com io co are worth fortunes

•••
Agreed. Info are tough sales. It's a bunch of first names, single words, a couple of 3 letter oneworders. Stuff taken and developed in most gtlds and my ccTLD so .info is a recognised alternative if you don't take new tlds into account.

Nothing overly exciting . I usually invest little in the extension but the acquisition payed for itself by securing a couple for brand protection. None of them will be listed for sale actually.

I looked into Ionos and the fine print should allow me to use their UK site. Might transfer there, then back to Dyna in 2 months. Would set me back just $19/name for 2 additional years which ain't all that bad.

•••
Have the domain bordello.info which sold at $1,247 .

•••
Have the domain bordello.info which sold at $1,247 .

let me guess u didnt buy it for 1247..and the person who did eventually didnt even renew it cause he realized what crap it is and how he lost 1247 on it

so u got it.regfee... am I.right or am I right?

•••
Let us know if any of them come up for sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back