Dynadot

question Who consider a domain as premium ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxleron

Established Member
Impact
Hello, when I was searching in the topic of premium domain I found that they are high quality domains that have already been registered, but are available for sale at a premium price, my question here who bought this domains first then consider them as premium ? they are normal user or its the company itself as Godaddy, what make it more confused I found the same premium domain with different premium prices on different platform available for sale, hope to find a clear answer and thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
premium ain't what it used to be

anybody can say they have a premium domain, but real premiums speak for themselves.

beef is beef, but there are premium cuts

same with domains

imo….

•••
Premium is just an adjective in this market.
Premium is something that is valued above their standard price, by default.

Standard value is reg fee. So I can buy a domain in GoDaddy for 10 bucks and sell it through premium listing and call it premium. But in reality it only becomes "premium" if someone hits the buy-now button.
Unless we're talking about liquid domains, until it becomes a sale it's on a zone I like to call "Shitmium" or better, "Lossmium".

The user which has that particular domain has different prices on different marketplaces.
Who makes the decision wether it's premium or not? Basically anyone.

•••
Premium is just an adjective in this market.
Premium is something that is valued above their standard price, by default.

Standard value is reg fee. So I can buy a domain in GoDaddy for 10 bucks and sell it through premium listing and call it premium. But in reality it only becomes "premium" if someone hits the buy-now button.
Unless we're talking about liquid domains, until it becomes a sale it's on a zone I like to call "sh*tmium" or better, "Lossmium".

The user which has that particular domain has different prices on different marketplaces.
Who makes the decision wether it's premium or not? Basically anyone.
When I found a domain at Goddady and its titled premium out of the place of auction or marketplace its considered premium by a normal user who want to sell it or its mark as premium by Godaddy ?

•••
Probably listed as premium by the owner, and not by the registrar.

•••
Here are examples of domains
Ultra premium
Z.com
Go.com
Sex.com
Toys.com

Premium
Beachhouse.com
Rentals.com
Jobsearch.com

Not premium
Cryptograsshopper.com
Travelpork.com
Womensclothescheap.com
Holidaymoon.com
Storyys.com

•••
Here are examples of domains
Ultra premium
Z.com
Go.com
Sex.com
Toys.com

Premium
Beachhouse.com
Rentals.com
Jobsearch.com

Not premium
Cryptograsshopper.com
Travelpork.com
Womensclothescheap.com
Holidaymoon.com
Storyys.com
That's not covering my question :/

•••
Hello, when I was searching in the topic of premium domain I found that they are high quality domains that have already been registered, but are available for sale at a premium price, my question here who bought this domains first then consider them as premium ? they are normal user or its the company itself as Godaddy, what make it more confused I found the same premium domain with different premium prices on different platform available for sale, hope to find a clear answer and thanks

In most cases it is another user or a domain investor who is now calling them premium, not GoDaddy or registrar. However, especially in the new extension space, some registrars retain the better words and call them premium. So to answer your question, @Maxleron it could be either!

As others have said, unfortunately the name premium has been used so much that now it is used for essentially anything other than registration fee domains.

I generally agree with the examples that @urljunky gave re ultra, premium and not, although always grey areas and the fact anyone can call any domain premium is the problem.

•••
looking for more answers if any one ha
In most cases it is another user or a domain investor who is now calling them premium, not GoDaddy or registrar. However, especially in the new extension space, some registrars retain the better words and call them premium. So to answer your question, @Maxleron it could be either!

As others have said, unfortunately the name premium has been used so much that now it is used for essentially anything other than registration fee domains.

I generally agree with the examples that @urljunky gave re ultra, premium and not, although always grey areas and the fact anyone can call any domain premium is the problem.
Most domain I found at Godaddy mark as premium they are really brandable and high quality domain, that's is not done by Godaddy registrar and by a normal seller and how I found the same premium domain available for sale in other different platforms ?!

•••
looking for more answers
If you have a domain and put it up for sale, GD will label it a premium domain.
So the answer to your question is any domain that it is not available for registration, but is for sale is a premium domain name.

Last edited:
•••
If you have a domain and put it up for sale, GD will label it a premium domain.
So the answer to your question is any domain that it is not available for registration, but is for sale is a premium domain name.
That's not make sens how any domain available for sale will be marked as premium without any other consideration ?!

•••
•••
•••
all of my names are premium :)

•••
Especially in ngtlds you can find an available domain with huge reg fee AND renewal fee. It's better to buy aftermarket these ''premiums'' (although i wouldn't recommend it). Still, you can find out there really good ngtlds but with highest risk, thanks to renewals.

This is happening for no ngtlds too.But, its another story to acquire natural.tv for example for $1k and another story to register natural.mom for $9k. Both are premiums, but the 1st is real premium with profit potential but the 2nd is ''premium''.

In any case, you must judge right what premium name want to acquire and how.

Last edited:
•••
Most domain I found at Godaddy search mark as premium is not done by Godaddy registrar and by a normal seller? I don't talk about auction place and how I found the same premium domain available for sale in other different platforms with also a premium price ?

Last edited:
•••
Most domain I found at Godaddy search mark as premium is not done by Godaddy registrar and by a normal seller? I don't talk about auction place and how I found the same premium domain available for sale in other different platforms with also a premium price ?

I can put one of my domains for sale for $1 and GD will say it is premium.
I just put it for sale and GD marks it premium. I have nothing to do with it.

•••
Anyone can sell on GD, you too, follow below links for more info

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/adding-domains-to-premium-listings-3492

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/what-are-premium-listings-3497

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/commission-rates-for-premium-listings-3494

You can list same domain on different platforms for different prices, domain owner is free to charge what they want without input from GD. Commission fees are different from platform to platform, maybe the seller is taking this into consideration when pricing. There could be other reasons, known to the seller.

Just focus on acquiring quality names, don't buy a name because it is labelled premium.

•••

You need to understand and accept explanations (at least in this case, it is accurate) that aftermarket domains are called premium domains by GoDaddy when they show up in thier DLS listing.

•••
•••
premium ain't what it used to be

anybody can say they have a premium domain, but real premiums speak for themselves.

beef is beef, but there are premium cuts

same with domains

imo….
i like beef :xf.smile:

•••
Back