NameSilo

Who consider a domain as premium ?

Labeled as question in General Domain Discussion started by Maxleron, Jul 25, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Maxleron

Maxleron Established Member

Hello, when I was searching in the topic of premium domain I found that they are high quality domains that have already been registered, but are available for sale at a premium price, my question here who bought this domains first then consider them as premium ? they are normal user or its the company itself as Godaddy, what make it more confused I found the same premium domain with different premium prices on different platform available for sale, hope to find a clear answer and thanks

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. biggie

biggie Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

premium ain't what it used to be

anybody can say they have a premium domain, but real premiums speak for themselves.

beef is beef, but there are premium cuts

same with domains

imo….

3. Manaen

Manaen Established Member

Premium is just an adjective in this market.
    Premium is something that is valued above their standard price, by default.

Standard value is reg fee. So I can buy a domain in GoDaddy for 10 bucks and sell it through premium listing and call it premium. But in reality it only becomes "premium" if someone hits the buy-now button.
    Unless we're talking about liquid domains, until it becomes a sale it's on a zone I like to call "sh*tmium" or better, "Lossmium".

The user which has that particular domain has different prices on different marketplaces.
    Who makes the decision wether it's premium or not? Basically anyone.

4. Maxleron

When I found a domain at Goddady and its titled premium out of the place of auction or marketplace its considered premium by a normal user who want to sell it or its mark as premium by Godaddy ?

5. Manaen

Manaen Established Member

Probably listed as premium by the owner, and not by the registrar.

6. urljunky

urljunky Top Contributor VIP

Here are examples of domains
    Ultra premium
    Z.com
    Go.com
    Sex.com
    Toys.com

Premium
    Beachhouse.com
    Rentals.com
    Jobsearch.com

Not premium
    Cryptograsshopper.com
    Travelpork.com
    Womensclothescheap.com
    Holidaymoon.com
    Storyys.com

7. Maxleron

That's not covering my question :/

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

In most cases it is another user or a domain investor who is now calling them premium, not GoDaddy or registrar. However, especially in the new extension space, some registrars retain the better words and call them premium. So to answer your question, @Maxleron it could be either!

As others have said, unfortunately the name premium has been used so much that now it is used for essentially anything other than registration fee domains.

I generally agree with the examples that @urljunky gave re ultra, premium and not, although always grey areas and the fact anyone can call any domain premium is the problem.

9. Maxleron

looking for more answers if any one ha
    Most domain I found at Godaddy mark as premium they are really brandable and high quality domain, that's is not done by Godaddy registrar and by a normal seller and how I found the same premium domain available for sale in other different platforms ?!

10. urljunky

If you have a domain and put it up for sale, GD will label it a premium domain.
    So the answer to your question is any domain that it is not available for registration, but is for sale is a premium domain name.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  11. Maxleron

That's not make sens how any domain available for sale will be marked as premium without any other consideration ?!

12. urljunky

Welcome to Earth.

13. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

LOL. :-P

14. Premiums

Premiums find.ventures

15. kite26

kite26 Fearless warrior VIP

Especially in ngtlds you can find an available domain with huge reg fee AND renewal fee. It's better to buy aftermarket these ''premiums'' (although i wouldn't recommend it). Still, you can find out there really good ngtlds but with highest risk, thanks to renewals.

This is happening for no ngtlds too.But, its another story to acquire natural.tv for example for $1k and another story to register natural.mom for $9k. Both are premiums, but the 1st is real premium with profit potential but the 2nd is ''premium''.

In any case, you must judge right what premium name want to acquire and how.

16. Maxleron

Most domain I found at Godaddy search mark as premium is not done by Godaddy registrar and by a normal seller? I don't talk about auction place and how I found the same premium domain available for sale in other different platforms with also a premium price ?

17. urljunky

I can put one of my domains for sale for $1 and GD will say it is premium.
    I just put it for sale and GD marks it premium. I have nothing to do with it.

18. tldboss

tldboss Top Contributor VIP

Anyone can sell on GD, you too, follow below links for more info

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/adding-domains-to-premium-listings-3492

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/what-are-premium-listings-3497

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/commission-rates-for-premium-listings-3494

You can list same domain on different platforms for different prices, domain owner is free to charge what they want without input from GD. Commission fees are different from platform to platform, maybe the seller is taking this into consideration when pricing. There could be other reasons, known to the seller.

Just focus on acquiring quality names, don't buy a name because it is labelled premium.

19. anantj

anantj Top Contributor VIP

You need to understand and accept explanations (at least in this case, it is accurate) that aftermarket domains are called premium domains by GoDaddy when they show up in thier DLS listing.

20. cooljub

cooljub Established Member

21. robert widener

robert widener Established Member

i like beef :xf.smile:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice