Dynadot

Which source do your domains come from ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, i'm a newbie and trying to learn things from this phenomenal industry.
Today i'm gonna ask you a question about your portfolio sources.
There are 3 common sources :
1> Dropped domains : The easiest and cheapest way to get a domain. And of course with the lowest fee, you also get the poorest quality domains. But, there are always gems in nearly 80k dropped domains per day.
2> Expired domains : tons of good domains in those auctions such as : Godaddy Expired, Name Jet, SnapNames.etc. All the domains in this source will be expired soon, so you can backorder or join the auction to buy them. Those name dropped by domainers, bankrupted companies, .....
3> Auctions/Outbound Buying : You get the domains you want from Sedo, Flippa, Godaddy Auction .etc. or contact the domain's owner and buy them directly.
So what's the ratio of your portfolio ?
Because i'm a newbie so i mine is 70-30 : 70% from Dropped and 30% from Expired Auction.
* I'm not a native English speaker so if i typed wrong, plz forgive me :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm about 70% hand-reg 30% drop/auction/other -the hand-regs are because I tend to base names on a product or project I'm doing - I don't know if that's normally the way most domainers do it though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back