IT.COM

question Ever come across a dropped domain & wonder why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
As one who frequently handregs. I come across domains that I find available that could easily be perfect for big brands like Dial soap (Cleanbody.com fictitious just for example purposes.) or stoppain.com (taken but for example purposes assume as dropped)

domains like this seem to be out there. once owned for years now dropped and no one picked up at expired auctions.

Has anyone ever come across such domains and wonder why?

and also with the same thought also think.

"This domain is better than most of my best domains. How is it this domain is dropped and never picked up again and is "out there"? If such a domain "failed" what chance could my domains have?"

if you have come across such domains and decided not to take it or did take it. please explain why or why not?

most pro domains would simply "walk away" from dropped domains as a "drop" is literally the touch of death.

Yet I hear Mike Mann buys such domains that are "out in the open" after drop and turn around and sell them for thousands for 10,000% profit.

Can someone explain this "phenomena"?

Figured it would be a good conversation piece.

Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can see a large organization forgetting to renew because there are so many people and email addresses involved it would be easy to overlook.

•••
I think many non-domainers have their domains registered at Godaddy because it is well known.

Godaddy is pretty good at giving multiple warnings very far in advance and is pretty good at letting you get your domain back even if you missed the renewal day by a week or so.

•••
PM
E="jideofor, post: 5689719, member: 159469"]No hard feelings man. Point of correction, I never followed your business and had no idea you had one going. My assertions are based on the domain names you often post here on namepros.

Have a nice life, man![/QUOTE]

Gotta love the NP sarcasm! It's priceless. On NP you always need to pay attention to each post's undertone.

It's diabolical!

Good luck to you too. No hard feelings here just domaining.

•••
It's a very good practice. I have noted the same. People are less attentive. :)

That said, I doubt professional domainers forget to renew their domains or delete them by mistake because they don't realize their fingers have slipped. I'd be more encline to think it may happen to busineses who struggle with complex interfaces or simply have the habit to pay their bill at the very last moment.

Shoot I've done thee opposite at my registrar that has an annoying habit of sitting a bulk buy making the second bulk always a 2 year reg. The heck? Pretty sneaky!

•••
When I was 16 the domain Nup.com dropped and I paid $250 BIN on GD auctions, I sold it on Flippa for $25K (my cut was only $21K after broker fees) and that's how I got my car. I really wonder why someone would have let a LLL drop.

•••
I picked up this one a while back. It was dropped.

CoinBitcoin.com

great for SEO I'm thinking?

Absolutely worthless for SEO. Has zero backlinks. How can you think what is great for SEO if you don't have a clue what SEO is?

•••
When I was 16 the domain Nup.com dropped and I paid $250 BIN on GD auctions, I sold it on Flippa for $25K (my cut was only $21K after broker fees) and that's how I got my car. I really wonder why someone would have let a LLL drop.
Can you recommend a good broker ? PM only.

•••
I can see a large organization forgetting to renew because there are so many people and email addresses involved it would be easy to overlook.

Disagree to some extent...All serious and profesional organizations have sophisticated Asset management softwares these days, which reminds them of software licence renewals and domain renewals as well...sorry to disappoint

•••
Disagree to some extent...All serious and profesional organizations have sophisticated Asset management softwares these days, which reminds them of software licence renewals and domain renewals as well...sorry to disappoint

I agree that most large "fortune 500" type companies will do this, but not all large organizations do it and nobody can make a blanket statement that all large organizations automatically will do this.

There is no way you or I or anyone else can say unequivocally that this is so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back