IT.COM

poll Which registrar has the best domain name?

NameSilo
Watch

Which registrar has the best domain name?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Name.com

• NameSilo

• Network Solutions

• NameCheap

• Epik

• Sav

• Register.com

• Porkbun

• Uniregistry

• GoDaddy

• Dynadot

• 101domain

• CloudFlare

• DirectNic

• Domain.com

• Dotster

• Google

• Hexonet

• Hover

• InternetBS

• Moniker

• NameBright

• NamePal

• Rebel

• Fabulous

• Rebel

• 123-Reg

• ResellerClub

• HostPapa

• Hostinger

• Gandi

• BlueHost

• Alibaba Cloud

• Public Domain Registry

• HiChina

• Ionos

• Onamae

• OVH

• Reg.ru

• Register.it

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Voted Name.com, though not my fav registrar, is a great fit. Porkbun, for originality, would get my runner up. GoDaddy for a cool-sounding brand, gets a place on the podium.

•••
Nonsense question.
Customers own the names not the Registrar.
And why do we need to know. You must have too much free time with all your nonsense threads that wasting time.
If you take a positive approach, I am sure you will start deriving much more value out of the discussions and the forum in general.

•••
Unfortunately I'm not a registrar :)

•••
Domain
Name
Register
Rebel (I like it)

If I'm going to pick one: Domain (or Name), close call. But truly, I don't care

If a registrar out there called themselves "Happy Fish", and they offered unparalleled service, security, price, care ...then I'll do business with Happy Fish

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Epik is a pretty killer name too. Going to put them alongside the brandable podium with GoDaddy.

"Visit us at Epik dot com!"

"Epic?"

"No, with a K..."

"Oh, the English program in Korea?"

"No..."

I guess we don't really need to worry about the radio test anymore since there probably aren't very many registrars advertising on the radio.

•••
Nonsense question.
Customers own the names not the Registrar.
And why do we need to know. You must have too much free time with all your nonsense threads that wasting time.

•••
Why do we care about their name?

•••
Of course really its name dot com. But I prefer Porkbun - I mean what a bananas but totally stand-out-from-the-crowd name.
And yes, methinks spending too much time on NP today!

•••
•••
all these replies and no-one brought up web.com yet?

•••
Name.com and Domain.com. But I will be transferring all my names away from Name.com and I have not used Domain.com

•••
Hands-down name dot com. It's not even remotely close. Name dot com is probably the best domain name in the domain name industry in respect of being a registrar. All the other names in your list are longer or/and more complicated to spell. Name wins a one-horse race. All the other horses are still in the stables when name dot com crosses the finish line.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the poll, @abstractdomainer. I think it is a good topic. If domain names are important, surely it is relevant how strong the name is for the registrars who sell domain name registrations.

In a sense, as others have said, Name or Domain are the strongest, and I voted for Name. Although, given that most registrars offer a wealth of services beyond domain names, it might be good to have a less specific term. Like Web as @Paul Nicks mentions above.

That said, I like non-generic names like Rebel and Fabulous a lot. Epik also.

And of course, Porkbun name is an oddly satisfying experience :).

I am surprised that GoDaddy with the various changes in leadership and direction, and given their resources, never changed to a different name. Now their brand is so established, a pivot would be challenging, though.

Above are not comments on the registrars, just on strength of their name. And just my opinion.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the poll, @abstractdomainer. I think it is a good topic. If domain names are important, surely it is relevant how strong the name is for the registrars who sell domain name registrations.

In a sense, as others have said, Name or Domain are the strongest, and I voted for Name. Although, given that most registrars offer a wealth of services beyond domain names, it might be good to have a less specific term. Like Web as @Paul Nicks mentions above.

That said, I like non-generic names like Rebel and Fabulous a lot. Epik also.

And of course, Porkbun name is an oddly satisfying experience :).

I am surprised that GoDaddy with the various changes in leadership and direction, and given their resources, never changed to a different name. Now their brand is so established, a pivot would be challenging, though.

Above are not comments on the registrars, just on strength of their name. And just my opinion.

Bob

“Above are not comments on the registrars jus on strength of their name”

Indeed! You used word “Above” I win : )

•••
•••
The question is "which registrar has the best name for the service", and not which offers the best service.
I would give it to domain.com, then name.com and register.com

•••
•••
Name.com because it is more generic than domain.com. ty. :)

•••
Name.com and Domain.com. But I will be transferring all my names away from Name.com and I have not used Domain.com

agree with this

another one is Register.com

too bad the owners is not trying harder to be the top 3 market leader of this industry

•••
I am not sure if they are currently a registrar, but Pool.com is up there for the best generic domain in the field.

Brad

•••
Why do we care about their name?

I would care only if I wanted to buy a registrar though I don't know his reason.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Epik is a pretty killer name too. Going to put them alongside the brandable podium with GoDaddy.

•••
"Visit us at Epik dot com!"

"Epic?"

"No, with a K..."

"Oh, the English program in Korea?"

"No..."

I guess we don't really need to worry about the radio test anymore since there probably aren't very many registrars advertising on the radio.
I guess if they did, at least it's only 4 characters. But yeah, brandables and the radio test don't always play nicely. GD actually does still advertise on the radio, fyi. Smart.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back