IT.COM

Which of these domains are best for a marketplace brand?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DataSN

Established Member
Impact
I'm planning to start a marketplace for general products like devices, EV accessories, home, apparel, and more, with hand picked and invited only vendors, targetting the United States market. Which of the following domains do you think would be best for a brand like this?

1. nexbo.com -- Next Big / Beautiful Offer
2. goodsness.com -- Good meaning for a marketplace like this but could it easily be confused with goodness.com? But is it too long?
3. extraly.com -- Buy one, get an extra for free!
4. w3ec.com -- w3 electronic commerce
5. vessu.com -- pronounceable 5 letters
6. happiware.com -- wares for happiness!
8. korrin.com -- a single-word female name
9. bintley.com -- a single-word male name
10. whilson.com -- a single-word male name, probably not good as it's easily confused with wilson.com
11. paradisely.com -- shop like in a paradise! Good meaning but too long?
12. zohx.com -- pronounceable 4 letters
13. uknj.com -- UK, NJ
14. kzug.com -- pronounceable 4 letters

This marketplace is very important for me so I'm going to use the best domain I currently have access to.

Which of these domains do you think would be the best brand name for such a marketplace?

Any input or ideas would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keep looking. It needs to be simple, memorable, and pass the radio test (and odd spellings / misspellings are not good for passing the radio test.).

You can find lots of great domain deals at:
- DWNE
- NamePros B-)
- NameLiquidate
- Squadhelp
- NameTap.com >> Clubhouse Auction
- GD Auctions
- Epik Marketplace
- DNF

I just went through this process as well. My advice is to take your time and don't rule out buying a name on a payment plan (lots of those at Squadhelp and Epik).

•••
I don't like any of them. If forced to choose, nexbo would be it.

•••
Don't like any tbh

But these are the only options then NexBo or Korrin (easy to remember)

•••
Its hard to say but NexBo is an option.

•••
Nexbo is comparatively better but "nex" may sound like "next". I don't think any other names qualify.
Bintley.com could be a distant second choice.

Last edited:
•••
Agree to the comments above. None of your mentioned domains are good to use for your pupose imo.

Maybe happiware but only as correct happyware (which is an existing brand already and not available anymore).

I'd recommend to overthink your brandname.

Last edited:
•••
I don't like any of them. If forced to choose, nexbo would be it.
Ain't goodsness.com good? It's catchy and play of wording that's just right for a marketplace of goods?
Its hard to say but NexBo is an option.
How about goodsness.com? Any particular shortcomings for this one?
Nexbo is comparatively better but "nex" may sound like "next". I don't think any other names qualify.
Bintley.com could be a distant second choice.
So it's easily confused with nextbo.com in oral communications?
Don't like any tbh

But these are the only options then NexBo or Korrin (easy to remember)
But could it be confused with Korin.com?
Agree to the comments above. None of your mentioned domains are good to use for your pupose imo.

Maybe happiware but only as correct happyware (which is an existing brand already and not available anymore).

I'd recommend to overthink your brandname.
When I registered Happiware.com was inspired from the word Happiness. I thought the correct form of any word prefixed by Happy should be Happi~~~? Why is Happyware the correct one but not Happiware? I'm not a native English speaker so I'd like to know the reason. Ain't Happiware the correct form as is Happiness?

•••
@DataSN, Goodsness just doesn't roll off the tongue as a native English speaker, as native speakers tend to know that spelling would be incorrect and would probably go to goodness(.com) instead if you gave it to them verbally or if they went off of memory.

As for Happiware, that actually could work since you are using -ware as a suffix using the rule of changing a y to an i. Examples include easy + -est = easiest and happy + est = happiest

That being said, I wouldn't like it as a brand either as I'd even say some native English speakers don't have a good handle of some of those rules themselves and could either go to happyware or happiware. Funny enough, I kind of liked uknj as I find that would be easy enough to remember verbally. But, I think you can do better than some of the names you have presented.

•••
None of those reflect the niche and most are terrible names except paradisely and extraly. Neither of those two reflect the niche.

If you want it to be taken seriously at least pick something niche specific that is not Goodsness. That one is a hard pass.

•••
I would think it’s better to keep looking, too. The X immediately followed by a B in Nexbo makes it just a little hard to say (ideally an X would be followed by a vowel, probably), and Happiware is also easy to mix up with the normal spelling. Unless…. you’re really good at ads and YT videos that familiarize people with brands. It could be done.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back