IT.COM

poll Which of these domains for a marketplace would you like best

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

which of these domains for a marketplace would you like best?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
it looks like BuyUsedDomain//.com
is not such a great for my domain marketplace

TransitDomain//.com

ProsperDomain//.com

UrgentDomain//.com

ImmediateDomain//.com

HighspeedDomain//.com

WorryfreeDomain//.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well now that you mentioned Epik, and even though you were being sarcastic, I would say that you wouldnt have had the need to start a thread asking for opinions if indeed you made the right choice from the get-go. No wonder you received not only negative feedback for the landing pages you are using, but also the name itself:)

yes indeed

•••
I am not sure that I agree that the singular aspect makes the suggestions bad. I would interpret the singular as implying it is a place to get a domain (of which many would be offered).

I am not wildly enthusiastic about the ones suggested and probably agree with majority to keep searching. If I had to choose one it would be Transit as it implies a domain acquisition as a way to get somewhere which is a nice analogy. That being said, some will think it means transportation niche.

I think to know what is best, I would need to know more what type of domains you mainly plan to emphasize. Like for example prosper to me definitely means business domains and possibly even financial niche widely interpreted.

You have been successful in this business a long time @frank-germany. Ideally a name than instils trust and implies your long term selling of domain names would be ideal.

Another question to ask is do you only do domain sales, or do you also see branding and naming consultation and analysis. If so, domain may be limiting.

More questions than answers. Best wishes as you consider rebranding.

Bob

thanks Bob
all valid points

•••
to me

BuyUsedDomain(s)

looks perfectly fine

but as I did't know
and wasn't thinking
what kind of feelings that name triggers
in a buyer from the US
or other English speaking countries

so thanks for
deep insights

•••
Well now that you mentioned Epik, and even though you were being sarcastic, I would say that you wouldnt have had the need to start a thread asking for opinions if indeed you made the right choice from the get-go. No wonder you received not only negative feedback for the landing pages you are using, but also the name itself:)

I would think that I got a lot of positive information ..

•••
Used does have some negative connotations, although we still do have used furniture, clothing etc. stores.

Some of those are using some other term like pre-owned, second hand, consignment, etc. but not work for domains I think and possibly equally negative.

I agree with many that ideally used is not great for North American network.

Even Undeveloped to some was negative, although it was descriptively accurate.

A name like NewPathDomains (available to hand-reg) might be illustrative of emphasizing the new use rather than the previous used nature of the domain. As such it is positive, but long and 3 words.

Best wishes,

Bob

•••

speaking like epik would do:

I'm now using AI on my landing page
in order to show country-related SEO content
in for maximum exposure and results

the artificial intelligence robot
will discover if I have a BIN set or not
even that will be country optimized
so that the user is best served
thanks to advance technique

--
well, in reality, it's just a simple script
---

•••

I'm now using AI on my landing page
in order to show country-related SEO content
in for maximum exposure and results

will discover if I have a BIN set or not
even that will be country optimized
so that the user is best served
thanks to advance technique

--
well, in reality, it's just a simple script
---
All good except the design then :-P

•••
•••
will discover if I have a BIN set or not even that will be country optimized

@Rob Monster -- Can you elaborate more on epiks AI robot? I wasn't aware of this until Frank just informed me.

So, will this robot detect IP address, and render language settings based on cookies or language used on previously browsed page? Does the robot issue different prices for IP addresses based out of the USA and less expensive prices for IP addresses coming from low cost of living locations? Even better, match the IP address with a zillow home value, and charge each IP a varying BIN, based on a percentage of the IP address location's zillow appraisal.

Also, Frank, can we be frank? Why would you take a jab at epik, if just last week you were complaining about namePros being taken over by rob and epiks nP involvement? Now, you opened up this thread for a reply like mine (that tagged rob), and now by me tagging rob, and you mentioning epik here, epik now has a legit reason to respond here, at which point you may even feel epik is taking over thiiiis thread.

Last edited:
•••
@Rob Monster -- Can you elaborate more on epiks AI robot? I wasn't aware of this until Frank just informed me.

So, will this robot detect IP address, and render language settings based on cookies or language used on previously browsed page? Does the robot issue different prices for IP addresses based out of the USA and less expensive prices for IP addresses coming from low cost of living locations? Even better, match the IP address with a zillow home value, and charge each IP a varying BIN, based on a percentage of the IP address location's zillow appraisal.

Also, Frank, can we be frank? Why would you take a jab at epik, if just last week you were complaining about namePros being taken over by rob and epiks nP involvement? Now, you opened up this thread for a reply like mine (that tagged rob), and now by me tagging rob, and you mentioning epik here, epik now has a legit reason to respond here, at which point you may even feel epik is taking over thiiiis thread.

must be Satan sitting on my right shoulder ...

in case you are not aware
@Abdullah Abdullah
is no longer moderator here
but epik staff

•••
must be Satan sitting on my right shoulder ...

What if it was an angel disguised as satan, because if it looked like an angel, we can only guess what you might have said or done to it. 😇

•••
What if it was an angel disguised as satan, because if it looked like an angel, we can only guess what you might have said or done to it. 😇
deleted

Last edited:
•••

no, an angel would have been on my left shoulder.

Last edited:
•••
•••

not such a bad idea
but even if I could I wouldn't want to do it.

see, these names are SEO optimized ;)
and do you want to confuse google?

•••

Comments here:

- The marketplace topic is relevant. I am actively considering to move marketplace.epik.com to a new brand name and combining the functionality of Sedo/Afternic/NJ with the functionality of Flippa into one.

- It is good to see more folks doing naming polls. They are great conversation-starters especially if it is combined with a budget to buy something. Not so here.

- The promise of AI is to make systems smart, adaptive, and capable of learning patterns. At Epik, we are still early in the journey but we have learned a lot of what works, and are turning this into software.

- The example AI rule you conceived is a great example of using structured data to adapt the offer strategy. The GEO IP2 database is not very granular, but El Toro can get super-targeted.

Hope that helps.

•••
- The example AI rule you conceived is a great example of using structured data to adapt the offer strategy...

that's not considered to be AI

AI by definition is software that writes software and can improve and update itself

what you are referring to is simple script/database logic

•••
When you select your keyword you can add...

domains or names or dots or brand, or store

I used to be called MapleDomains with a .ca and a famous domainer was sitting on the .com.

I knew Maple was the keyword I wanted so I simply switched to dots and I managed to snag the .ca and the .com.

So find a few keywords that resonate with you that you could build your brand on and then fool around with the examples I gave above as your second word.

•••
Would be better to pick:
DN+something
or
Name+something

•••
Would be better to pick:
DN+something
or
Name+something

DN means a lot to domainers but no so much to everyday folks. I own that domain in .ca and I can tell you a lot of people have now idea what it means. Don't get me wrong DN is a good brand but domain is better in my opinion.

•••
@frank-germany You're all about domains and your name is Frank...

FranklyDomains.com :-P

•••
You could always try posting a thread in domains wanted to see what other np members have to offer. I did that and I got lots of names I didn't like and/or thought weren't reasonable priced but I did find one at a good price.

•••

Get yourself CVCV.com or VCVC.com. Your domain represents you and your domains. If you'll use a creepy domain to sell domains, people may judge you before even enter your website.

•••
From your list, prosperdomain.com is best, you can also go with DotIsKing.com

•••
Guys what do you think about my domain name for a brand shop?

I appreciate your help

•••
Back