IT.COM

tips Which marketplace is best for selling domains quickly

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MHExplorer

Established Member
Impact
I have good number of domains now. Which marketplace is good to get noticed fast ?

I am currently listing on uni, afternic, namesilo and godaddy auction (but not planning to continue since godaddy auction listing is not free) so tell me if its a wrong decision ?

Is it good idea to list it on all marketplaces or it should be on one market place ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No marketplace is going to give you supreme exposure for free. Most want to charge and honestly, it's probably not even worth the money at many places. List them on the marketplaces like you have, and then promote them yourself. For example, share links to the listings in the External Auctions/Sales section here, add a link to your signature, post them on Twitter, share them in Facebook groups...etc. That's probably your best bet for exposure. List them in the marketplaces and then put a little work in yourself to promote them.

•••
Thank you so much for your great response. Would love to hear from more people as well.

•••
We have 124,495 members here asked the same question.
The answer is no one know.
Selling domain names is not the same as selling chickens or eggs.

•••
1. Namepros auction
2. Flippa auction no reserve
3. Uniregistry liquidity

•••
I have good number of domains now. Which marketplace is good to get noticed fast ?

I am currently listing on uni, afternic, namesilo and godaddy auction (but not planning to continue since godaddy auction listing is not free) so tell me if its a wrong decision ?

Is it good idea to list it on all marketplaces or it should be on one market place ?

You don't need to list on GoDaddy, if you list on Afternic. Afternic will place your domains on Godaddy for you (one less chore). From my experience, my level of experience for each platform is mentioned in brackets, Uni (limited experience) tends to get better prices than most if you are talking to their brokers, Afternic (great experience) both the Premium Network (fast transfer) and their Regular Network (no fast transfer) are quality which buyers expect, who seem to be happy buying at a 25% markup, from the price of the domain on your own portfolio marketplace. The markup is to pay Afternic's 20% commission rate. NameSilo (no experience) seem to be mostly for other domainers. I don't see them as a contender, in the big leagues. GoDaddy (great experience) generally has about the same qualities as Afternic.

IMHO. Afternic is providing most of my inquiries. To the point that I now only list on my own marketplace and Afternic. that pretty much provides global coverage. Sedo is another marketplace similar to Afternic. But my experiences with Afternic have been far superior to Sedo (poor, IMHO).

One last mention. I always redirect the domain to my own marketplace's landing page. Because I don't want to redirect to Afternic (or elsewhere), and give them free traffic plus a 20% commission. Fixed prices are generally better than make offer pricing. But it's an art and a science, combined.

Last edited:
•••
If you really want to sell them, list/promote them everywhere:

Afternic, Sedo, Flippa, Namesilo, DomainAgents, eBay, Facebook, Twitter, NamePros and then point them to whatever lander works best for you eg. Undeveloped, Efty, Afternic/GoDaddy, Sedo, Flippa, Uniregistry or custom.

So far this year I've had sales and strong offers through landers, Afternic, Sedo, Flippa and NamePros.

•••
Is it good idea to list it on all marketplaces or it should be on one market place

List everywhere you can that offers it for free (don't ever pay more than a 20% commission anywhere).

Attractive landers are the key...whether you make them yourself or you point them to a 'marketplace', make sure the landers have ssl and allow you some area within that page to promote your domain in your own words.

•••
All depends on good number or number of good whether any will sell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back