NameSilo

Fixed price listing on more than one marketplace

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by SamirAz86, Aug 26, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. SamirAz86

SamirAz86 Established Member

Hello!
    I listed my domains on 5 marketplaces! I list on GoDaddy with fixed price and on other marketplaces with Make Offer only!
    For example if GoDaddy integrated Afternic listings into the GoDaddy domain manager, is it possible to list domains on Afternic with buy it now price also? The same question about Sedo! Or it is better to list with fixed price on one marketplace to avoid problems?
    Thanks!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

These problems are rare but can be a big problem if it happens to you. So if you list in multiple places, they should be at fixed prices at only one of your venues. If I had to choose which one should be fixed. I'd fix at Afternic. Why? Because it's one of the biggest venues, and you domain would also be available on GoDaddy (it's automatic.You don't need to list on GoDaddy separately), another of the biggest venues. Between them. They have a huge chunk of the market.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  3. SamirAz86

Thank you for your reply! Is there a big difference between Afternic listings and GoDaddy premium listings? I use GoDaddy premium listings!

4. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't know. But I doubt it. Why not try listing 1 domain on Afternic, watch it cycle thru to GoDaddy, and compare for yourself. You could always try another one at GoDaddy and wait to see if it appears on Afternic.

5. SamirAz86

I was thinking about it! Thanks! I was looking just now at namebio.com sold domains on GoDaddy and on Afternic! It shows only few sales on Afternic this month! But I thing Namebio did't show all sales because I watch sold domains forum here on Namepros and people pretty often add screenshots with Afternic sales!

6. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

I have my fixed prices on all aftermarkets
    they are maybe not the same

in case 2 different persons buy at the same time
    then it maybe a problem,
    but I doubt it

in case its the same person
    I see no problem

just tell some market places
    it sold already

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

in last few years Afternic do not report sales on NameBio, while all GoDaddy auction sales >$100 are automatically listed, so you cannot use NameBio, as valuable as it is for many purposes, to compare venues re number of sales.

Bob

8. SamirAz86

Thank you Bob very much!

9. SamirAz86

Thank you very much for your reply! I think I need more experience to do like this!

10. frank-germany

what's the worst that could happen?

11. SamirAz86

Two different buyers! But I think it is not possible for me! I don't have so quality domains =)))

12. topdom

topdom Established Member

"Buy now" is risky even at just one marketplace. Domain can go to redemption, between recovery and pending delete, and then you have to pay 3 figures to recover the domain. After you recover the domain, the buyer may not pay. and you may never know that actually that fake buyer was your registrar.

Your risks partly depend on whether there is a time gap between accepting buy now price and actually paying, and whether the domain is physically lost immediately after payment. If the domain sells at two places almost simultaneously, you can pay the penalty using part of the profit.

You can play a risky game like this: list it with different prices, like 1K, 5K, 10K, at different places. Tell potential buyers that the domain is for sale at these marketplaces, and send them their links. Then the buyer would choose the cheapest one... But then other marketplaces may learn that the domain is being sold, and "buy" them at their marketplaces, just to make you pay the penalty, which can be more than your profit (and maybe your sale was fake as well, and they would have to pay the whole amount, but they may not, because they know you won't take legal action)

13. frank-germany

what penalty
    at which marketplace?

14. Bob Hawkes

Surely this is the risk of still listing domains without fully tegistered status, rather than a risk in BIN pricing. I personally delete listings once paid registration ceases. I know some continue to list domains until deletion, but I think that is unwise for reasons you state.
    Bob

15. topdom

topdom Established Member

I think both sedo and afternic have penalty in case of not keeping promises. It may be a financial penalty, or maybe more. But cheaters continue cheating and not pay the penalty either.

16. frank-germany

you think?

cheating
    not paying penality?

jesus

did you forget they receive a fee when you sell domains at their market places
    do you think they want to lose you?

17. Bob Hawkes

@SamirAz86 If your domain names are fast-transfer eligible I was never clear on whether it was problem listing them eg fast transfer at both Sedo and Afternic (this of course only possible if registered at places like NameSilo, Epik, Name/com, Dynadot etc that are part of both). In another thread @Rob Monster replied that the way the query works in those cases should not conflict -- reply here.
    Bob

18. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I noticed that "big" suppliers (hugedomains, buydomains - just to name a few) list their BIN domains both on Sedo and Afternic at the same time, together with serving landing page "own traffic" through their own websites / CC-PayPal merchant accounts. So they must have elected to accept the risk of a duplicate sale, or maybe programmed everything (add listing / delete listing) with appropriate APIs including notifications of a pending sale, funds verification etc. - something that is not instantly provided (at least by afternic) to regular customers. I can hardly imagine Afternic or Sedo closing these big accounts due to undelivered sold domains though...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice