IT.COM

Which laptop is best for my personal work ..?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sophiacalvin

Established Member
Impact

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Subjective.

If you primarily do Word processing, email and occasional web browsing, a $400 laptop will suffice.

If you beta test games, edit video, etc., you're looking at a $2000 laptop.

•••
You can even get a chrome laptop for basic things.

- Daniel :)

•••
Any laptop with 2 GB of ram & 150+ GB of HDD will do the job perfectly

•••
You can choose Tablet too if it's just for personal work instead of going with a Laptop.

•••
•••
•••
ASUS laptop is best for working purpose.

•••
•••
ASUS is the best in my view .

•••
•••
Out of all of the brands that I’ve tired and worked with as a tech guy in my past career I can say Dell’s and Lenovo’s are the generally the best.

Dell’s are good if you’re looking for a cheaper laptop that will last a fairly long time with the parts being easy to replace (this is if you want to do repairs or upgrades yourself). Their desktops are also really good for fixing and upgrading as there easy to get into and there’s a lot of room to move your hands around. There also just as cheap as most other manufactures that are popular like HP, Asus etc… so choosing them in my opinion is really a no brainer.

Lenovo’s on the other hand are more expensive but much more durable. There designed to take a beating and keep on running. There also fairly easy to repair/upgrade and they tend to last a REALLY long time. In one of the companies I was working with they had Lenovo laptops and desktops that were like 8 years old that were still working perfectly fine and the users were abusing them by dropping them, kicking them cause they were slow and outdated etc... In that same company very few of the Lenovo computers that were old ever had to be put out of service until we were forced to upgrade them. That’ll give you an idea of how durable they are.

On the other side of the coin, the one brand of laptop that I’ve worked with that I would stay away from is Toshiba. From my experience they tend to breakdown much faster than your average laptop and they are less durable, even with the business lineups.

Hope that helps.

•••
I don't think " dell " is a cheap option...my lap was everything but cheap!

HP, Asus, Acer are imo CRAP! And Toshiba is following them.
Stay away from Sony too

•••
Well, as it stands right now on the Dell website they have the Inspiron 3000 Series starting at $300 which isn't bad in my opinion.

The problem is people want quality but they don’t want to pay a lot. Sadly those two things contradict one another. If you want a quality product it’s going to cost more, hence why Lenovo’s tend to cost a lot and the other brands are much cheaper.

•••
I don't know what lenovo page you are looking at, but on mine I see expensive laptops together with 300-400$ ones so pretty much like Dell.
My Dell laptop was more than 2k dollars.
Obviously if you pay more you have better quality regardless on which of the 2 brands you choose

•••
Hmmmm...... It may just be the Canadian website then as the cheapest Lenovo I'm seeing is for $500.

And yes, the more you pay for any brand it GENERALLY means you’re getting better quality but that’s isn’t always the case (like what I’ve realized with Toshiba’s).

What I should have said in the first post is that Dell’s are usually not as durable as Lenovo’s given the same price point. Put it this way, if I was going to spend 2K on a laptop I would rather buy a 2K Lenovo over a 2K Dell as I know from experience the Lenovo would stand up to a lot more abuse and generally last longer than it’s Dell counterpart.

•••
•••
Subjective.

If you primarily do Word processing, email and occasional web browsing, a $400 laptop will suffice.

Exactly!

I suppose it also comes down to what your budget is :)

If it's just for basic use with no need for heavy graphics card usage or major processing, you could even go with a used model in the $75 to $200 range off ebay or amazon :)

•••
Subjective.

Very true. Although the way you asked and for going general, you can use apple machine basic or HP, Dell are also good options.

•••
•••
I would recommend you Lenovo & ASUS. Both have a good range of laptops. I've been using Asus from a long time but still i feel like its far better then crapy HP or Sony.

•••
•••
Any laptop with 2 GB of ram & 250+ GB of HDD will do the job perfectly

•••
•••
Personally prefer lenovo when it comes to laptop but I am still not sure about privacy guard for my phone..I am thinking of getting Leo Privacy Guard as it provides additional feature of boosting phone speed and quick access to most used functions..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back