but which is the best?

Dell Inspiron
Dell Studio
Toshiba Satellite
Hp Pavilion
or any other?

I like Alienware, But its too expensive

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Dell Studio has a better build quality compared to Dell Inspiron. I have not seen the Toshiba or the HP laptop though. A studio 15 laptop with 3GB ram should suffice. The newer crop of laptops with core i7 processors are slightly more expensive.

BTW, Merry Christmas to all Namepros lurkers...

octave

•••
I have Toshiba Qosmio and it's really working great. My next purchase would be MacBook Pro & Alienware (if I have enough cash on hand).

•••
I owned a Toshiba Satellite, they're built like crap. I'll also never buy another HP computer because they're built like crap as well.

I don't normally like Dell, but if your options are only what's in that last, I guess go with a Dell.

•••
I use a sony vaio and they are not bad at all. Heatsinks suck but providing you are not rendering 3d you will be good.

Anyone using any of the little 10.1 notebooks? Are they are any good as I want to try linux mint on them.

•••
I would say go with Hp Pavilion, I am using it and I personally feel no problem with my work and I am working on it for 14 to 18 hours a day without any single problem in last 18 months!

•••
I would say go with Hp Pavilion, I am using it and I personally feel no problem with my work and I am working on it for 14 to 18 hours a day without any single problem in last 18 months!

wow.. thank you for the useful information. I am also looking for a good machine..

•••
choose sony vaio... no doubt this is very good...

•••
NEVER, ever buy a HP, just go to HPlies.com and u will see how they treat their customers :)

Cheers

Liquid

•••
Toshiba
ACER
Asus
Benq

ALL Great excellent Brands

Ones to avoid on quality issues
HP, Compaq

Company to avoid on Ethical basis
DELL

•••
I like Asus and Fujitsu notebooks. Some models are on the pricier end though. You should first assess what your needs are and your price range, then narrow down your choices.

•••
Go with the one that has the nicest feeling keyboard as thats what you'll be using the most. As long as they have similiar os and resources. I like my Toshiba keyboard. Some laptops have real cr*p.

•••
I'm going to buy a Laptop or Notebook

I found these 4 types as good

but which is the best?

Dell Inspiron
Dell Studio
Toshiba Satellite
Hp Pavilion
or any other?

I like Alienware, But its too expensive

Hi,

Sony VAIO laptop is also good.....

•••
My Acer Aspire One fulfills all my needs..

•••
Dell Studio is one good choice to be made. You can even customize the models you find with dell. I have found dell studio models are already with some good configuration. Alienware is now also part of Dell but it's still hell lot of expensive. If you can afford it then go for it else Dell Studio XPS 13/15 are good options for you.

•••
•••
Go with the one that has the nicest feeling keyboard as thats what you'll be using the most. As long as they have similiar os and resources. I like my Toshiba keyboard. Some laptops have real cr*p.

I have to agree with this..
Your run a 50/50 shot of getting "one of the bad laptops"
just get the good warranty, and find one thats comfortable to use..

nothing worse than hating a keyboard and mouse you CANT change.. 8-D

•••
One of the major drawbacks for me re: laptops is if one component (such as the keyboard) cr@ps out, yer done til you get it fixed. With a desktop, you can just grab another keyboard..

•••
Sorry, I m a die hard mac user here! yes there are advantage and disadvantage as well

•••
If it must be a pc I'd buy a Sony, Acer are fine until something goes wrong, their customer service is crap.

•••
Yet for a couple hundred bucks, Acer remains a great deal..

•••
Better go for Dell. It is good.

•••
had used acer aspire one and it is great.. funny nobody mentioned lenovo or IBM? i think they are great with laptops.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back