IT.COM

Which is your favorite HTML editor?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I use only Notepad, because is very light and don't need much RAM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use notepad for editing html and css :)

I use dreamweaver for php.

Notepad is well enough for html and css at least :p

•••
•••
you use it dramweaver it is the best for coding.

thanks

•••
I am using Notebad as well as Dreamweaver
they're easy for editing HTML
I have not used notepad++ but i'll give a try.

•••
I tried many Editors, but have not found better than Notepad++, is really great. :D
Has many featured, for example:
FTP and upload file once you click save, Compar files, many text tools, search and count words in many failes in one time, search words in many files on hard drive without opening them, replace words in many files in one time ..... and and and ... etc.
Many things.

Only one thing fail, can not replace full text with many lines together as EditPad Pro do ( I use it sometime for full text ). Notepad++ can only replace one sentence ( one line ). :tu:
Notepad++ is really great one.

•••
Some great features in Notepad++:
  • regex search & replace
  • search & replace in all open files
... :)

•••
In the web world, people think its "cool" to say "I use Notepad", but I'm proud too be a Dreamweaver User.

I just really like the feel of the application and even though I don't make use of its tools (i use code view) its still an amazing application.

Sean

•••
I'll put a vote in for Aracnnophilia.

It's free, easy to install and operate and is very stable.

•••
dreamweaver user here!

Its really good. I mean, I guess everything is there already.
Why suffer yourself you can get help.

Thanks

•••
•••
yeah Dreamweaver is a great timesaver...and for quick editing code ..I use notepad2...I have completely replaced my notepad with notepad2..way better than notepad..

•••
•••
I think it is funny all the people here that are using notepad, I wonder how many actually are ;) I could use notepad, but why would I when there are many better options out there. You could be way more efficient using something like Dreamweaver, or at the very least notepad++. The coding tips, colour coding, and line numbering alone are worth the switch. But then you couldn't tell everyone that notepad is the best!

I mostly use Dreamweaver, as I like its features. I was working with notepad++ for a while, but found that there were a lot of bugs with the plugins I require (Built in FTP). One thing notepad++ does really nicely is compare 2 documents. I think the newest version of DW does the same thing.

•••
I also use Dreamweaver for editing and coding. It's easier than Notepad because its features are very convenient for previewing a site and implementing different functions.

•••
Im not sure how cool it makes you to say you use notepad. I use notepad and notepad++. Dreamweaver is very bulky when your just trying to edit some code. If you are trying to manage a website then I can see using Dreamweaver as a cms but otherwise its too much for me. Back in the days of tables it was important. It might also be important to note the use of FireBug here. FireBug is great for troubleshooting issues on your sites.

•••
im using macromedia homesite ++ and dreamwever . it's make it easy to look and check the error from different browser

•••
•••
Notepad++ and Firebug are my best web editing tool until now ^^

•••
•••
Dreamweaver and notepad++ are great tools.

•••
Yep, Dreamweaver is the mutts nutts but there is a learning curve to it and is very daunting to a newbie, though the visual interface mode is much better these days.

For simple html or when you are a good coder, notepad is very quick. I use it a lot when I want to update some code directly on the server.

•••
I use Notepad++ together with Dreamweaver. The latter has more options than the former. Smtimes even try Notepad!

•••
yes ,i too only use notepad.it is only the wiser way to approach the html.Other things will take more ram so it makes our work slow.

•••
I use only notepad because it is much lighter than other,and i use to open the code using mozilla web browser.

•••
Best HTML Editor

Notepad++ It has plugins that allow for a real editor for many languages.

Previous to this I used HomeSite which was also extremely configurable, but for some reason it crashed on my computer and I was never able to install it successfully again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back