NameSilo

Which is your favorite HTML editor?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I use only Notepad, because is very light and don't need much RAM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I must say I like HTML, you see all these coders saying "I user notepad++" so you reply with "wow, really"...lol.

I actually use Dreamweaver, It is a lot more easier and I dont see why coders say its so "Bad"...As long as you dont use the visual design tools and code it as you would in notepad its a nice little peice of software.

sean

•••
dreamweaver is not bad. but i use editplus and wordpad.

•••
I use dreamweaver, I just find it fastest for coding (for me). I don't use the visual design thingy, but it's good sometimes if you have like hundreds of lines of HTML code you can easily find a part using the visual designer, rather than searching in whole code (easier for modifying designs that are not yours, etc).

•••
SeanPreston said:
I must say I like HTML, you see all these coders saying "I user notepad++" so you reply with "wow, really"...lol.

I actually use Dreamweaver, It is a lot more easier and I dont see why coders say its so "Bad"...As long as you dont use the visual design tools and code it as you would in notepad its a nice little peice of software.

sean
Agreed. I basically only use it because it's easier to insert some tags and modify simple things. If I'm going for standards compliance and building something rather versatile, I wouldn't build it in the Design view.

Dreamweaver and Notepad2 for me. :)

•••
•••
Notepad for me too :)

Simple and available anywhere :xf.love:

•••
•••
EditPlus was pointed out to me years ago by -RJ- ... And I've never looked back since ;) It is a paid (Nagware) version but well worth it. I'm still discovering new ways to manipulate text/files/data with it.

Crimson Editor is a very similar free Editor solution - but support/development for it was dropped many years back , I think it's actually open source now.

Last edited:
•••
vi under telnet/SSH :tu:
Sometimes ;)

Zend editor, most of the time, Notepad++ sometimes.

•••
•••
sdsinc said:
vi under telnet/SSH :tu:
Sometimes ;)

Zend editor, most of the time, Notepad++ sometimes.
What Zend editor do you use?

•••
I use ASWS, nice little programme have always used it.

•••
•••
Started out with Notepad (which I still use, quite often). I graduated to Amaya and then eventually Dreamweaver. The latter is currently my favorite, though I do use the code view and not the design view.

•••
•••
SeanPreston said:

Why do you use dreamweaver? It has syntax highlighting, but then so does notepad++, if you're not using the WYSIWYG it's totally pointless, especially when it costs $600+

•••
Dreamweaver all the way.

•••
Dreamweaver and Notepad for me.

•••
coffee cup which is free and good so far...

•••
Notepad for me..

Thing I found with dreamweaver is whenever I went to link a button or something it would shift it 10 pixels in a direction. Gay.

•••
+1 for notepad... It's all about the KISS rule!

•••
I use dreamweaver as always. It gives me lot of options and things to choose from. Also I love the WYSIWYG editor of it.

•••
im using notepad++ now,
but sometimes using only notepad...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back