IT.COM

Which is your favorite HTML editor?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I use only Notepad, because is very light and don't need much RAM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think, notepad is a standart instrument of HTML coder. I prefer Notepad.
But sometimes I use Dreamviewer.

•••
I use notepad++ It's small, efficient and works very well for my needs. I don't like bloated applications with "extras" that can lower the quality of the end result.. just my 2 cents :)

•••
Dreamweaver
Editplus
Notepad

•••
Some of you seriously use normal notepad? Have you ever used an editor that has color coding? I agree with the "Keep It Simple, Stupid" way of doing things...but i think at the bare minimum you should use something that has color-coding, built-in validation, and maybe intellisense.

I don't like bloated software either, but I think it's silly not to take advantage of some good editor features that will really boost your productivity and make things easier on your eyes :)

I personally use Visual Studio 2005/2008 because i'm a .NET developer, but I wouldn't recommend using that if you're just doing HTML.

•••
•••
Is use VS2008 as well being a .Net developer. As Hyped mentioned though, probably not the best option for plain HTML being it is pretty intuitive. Visual Studio does have Intellisense, automattic tag closing and indenting features. All of these are great when writing lots of markup.

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver for PHP anf basic HTML.

•••
To edit our website we use a private CMS that reflects all pages, but for other websites I like to use Dreamweaver CS3 or if i just want to do a quick change i use NVU (free!)

•••
uabros said:
I use only Notepad, because is very light and don't need much RAM

Ya you are right I am also use Notepad. Really I am agree with your post

Thanks!

•••
Dream Weaver and Notepad are the best

•••
•••
I love the good old Notepad together with Notepad++. Those are my favorite.
Even though I try Dreamweaver whenever there is an issue to link a button or something of that sort.

•••
dreamweaver (can't beat the split view + find & replace)

•••
•••
•••
I use both note pad for simple things andkompozer for more detailed work

•••
I've been using Textpad for years now, and I absolutely love it.

•••
•••
Always loved using Notepad, nice and simple. On occasions I will use DW.

•••
if you dont want to use the simple notepad, you can use dreamweaver for html editing..But note pad is the best option

•••
Maurizio1230 said:
BlueFish is absolutely the best.
bluefish looks pretty cool
i use notepad++ but will try blue fish

•••
I always used MS FrontPage (which is now called - Expression Web Designer) along with Notepad. Now, I design most of my sites with Wordpress and just use the built in editor.

•••
•••
I usually use pspad, but if you also want a wysiwyg tool check kompozer or mozilla composer (part of seamonkey).

•••
notepad ++ and the occasional dreamweaver if I get lazy having to switch to see my changes on browser :)

•••
Dreamweaver for both html and php. Now I'm too used to it and can't use anything else. Iuse Dreamweaver 8 and it has all I need so far. Anyone use Dreamweaver CS ? I like to hear what are new good features it has.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back