Domain Empire

Where to Start?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey all,

Ok heres my situation...

I just got into the domaining thing and have roughly 5 or 6 domains that I assume arent that great because I cannot move them at all.

So what ways can I make money with these names...

1)Parking?

2)Developing Them into ppc sites, and if so are there templates available with certain ppc companies? (I can design, been designing for 7 years, just never ppc)

3)let the names just expire and start fresh?

I have listed my names below, which would be the best to develop, park, etc?

dnauctioneer.com
expireddomainname.us
homebasedwork.com
potheads.us

Any help would be great guys

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe your domains are fine. I would let them expire. Therefore you have to options, if you feel lazy park them other ways develop it into a PPC site. There are PPC templates although I wouldn’t recommend using them if you want to get a good search rank.

•••
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I think I am gonna focus on one name the homebasedwork.org as this a huge huge industry and I know more about that then domains.

I am just gonna sell the others for now, I agree they are good.

Thanks again

•••
ya

thats a good idea i think i would let them expire and start fresh too ( but thats just me)

•••
maxima said:
homebasedwork.com

maxima said:
focus on one name the homebasedwork.org
Which one is it? You're contradicting yourself, as the first post you state it's .com and the next it's .org :gl: :-/

I'd say that's the best one out of the ones you've posted, as it's a very large Industry which generates millions of dollars yearly. I wish you the best of luck with the development. :tu:

•••
NameRegistration said:
I believe your domains are fine. I would let them expire. Therefore you have to options, if you feel lazy park them other ways develop it into a PPC site. There are PPC templates although I wouldn’t recommend using them if you want to get a good search rank.

Hi,

What do you mean by get a ppc site, :red: What other ways are there as i've just had mine sitting on sedo wating for clicks(not alot)

Can you use adwords to get traffic, What other ways are there,

Chris

•••
•••
One thing to look for as I've been told many times and just getting it through my thick head, is always to look for a domain that you have a plan for and not just one you like. I picked out a bunch when I first got into this game and I find now that they are pretty useless for development purposes. I've since toned down the names I pick out and try to be much more specific in their intent.

•••
sunken said:
One thing to look for as I've been told many times and just getting it through my thick head, is always to look for a domain that you have a plan for and not just one you like. I picked out a bunch when I first got into this game and I find now that they are pretty useless for development purposes. I've since toned down the names I pick out and try to be much more specific in their intent.

This is a good advice for those of us who have not learnt it from our own experience. :)

•••
Let them expire. Well maybe maybe not. Give them a fair chance. PArk them at domainhop it is easy fast and ofcourse free. See what kind of traffic they generate. One of them might have great unexpected type in traffic. Usually only works for .coms. Anyway - then you can promote the living hellof them everywhere. Listthem at sedo and see. But as far as domains they are not much to write home about. Sorry. But everyone who owns a domain should at least park it - right away. Its so easy. You have nothing to lose. It only needs to generate $0.58 a month to cover reg fee. Well you wouldnt want to be in the dom biz for 7bucks a year but you should atleast give money away. I have been actively using domainhop and I love it. Sure you can make way more if you build your own parking spot but that Dh is easy and fast.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back