IT.COM

question Any place to compare 'premium' domain prices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
I hate this new trend where the registries seem to be newly putting certain names as 'premium' and charging more for the initial registration (while it shows the renewal would be at the regular price). I used to have a .biz domain with register.com but I have completely forgotten about this domain and it expired. I have 100% bought this for a regular .biz price years ago. I now checked and it is available but comes up as 'premium' on all the different registrars but every registrar has a different price for it!

Given that there are tools which compare prices of regular domain names (non-premium) listing different TLD's (such as domcomp for example) - are there any websites which would price the 'premium' prices of specific domains and advise which registrar has the lowest price?

Just to be clear - the Whois definitely shows it as NOT REGISTERED.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that the cheapest for regular registration would be the cheapest for their "premium"

But it's better to not contribute to their greedy business model buying their "premium" domains

•••
I hate this new trend where the registries seem to be newly putting certain names as 'premium' and charging more for the initial registration (while it shows the renewal would be at the regular price). I used to have a .biz domain with register.com but I have completely forgotten about this domain and it expired. I have 100% bought this for a regular .biz price years ago. I now checked and it is available but comes up as 'premium' on all the different registrars but every registrar has a different price for it!

Given that there are tools which compare prices of regular domain names (non-premium) listing different TLD's (such as domcomp for example) - are there any websites which would price the 'premium' prices of specific domains and advise which registrar has the lowest price?

Just to be clear - the Whois definitely shows it as NOT REGISTERED.

1) Get a Gold Membership by upgrading your account on NamePros.
2. Ask for „Before buy“ appraisal
3. Or in general you can also ask in the premium domain appraisal thread.

I guess you mean godaddys premium prices. Yes they are

•••
are there any websites which would price the 'premium' prices of specific domains and advise which registrar has the lowest price?
Yes there are.

https://tld-list.com/

Just enter the domain name, it will also tell you which registrar offers for example which. TLD.
Because not every Reg. has for example ".tattoo" or ".cleaning"
You can enter the domain name with TLD, it shows you the registrars + availability + and Reg + Renewal + Transfer fee.
But same here: if its a premium Domain, and you visit the page. Dont get shocked by the price difference.
But at least to check where you can find which Domain, this tool is GGOgoooood

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back