Dynadot

Where is this traffic coming from?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I own the domain 1-9.us, it was a former site (I found out after I purchased the domain). In the first month or so after I registered it, it barely received any hits. The next month (April), it started receiving a lot more traffic, especially about halfway through the month. It received about 500 unique hits in April according to Sedo. Now, only 4 hours into May (according to Sedo), the domain already has over 10 unique hits. I'm curious to find out why the traffic is increasing on this domain when I'm not marketing the domain at all, and why so much recently. If anyone has any possible answers I'd be interested in hearing them. :)

Steve

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Steve,

You have 126 incoming MSN links, which is probably the reason for much of the traffic -- SE traffic can be volatile, thus I would suggest the backlink traffic as the cause.

RF

•••
rocketfly said:
Steve,

You have 126 incoming MSN links, which is probably the reason for much of the traffic -- SE traffic can be volatile, thus I would suggest the backlink traffic as the cause.

RF
Thanks, I figured it had something to do with incoming links, it's just strange how it's been more and more every day.

•••
Etab said:
Thanks, I figured it had something to do with incoming links, it's just strange how it's been more and more every day.
You should develop it into something sweet... :hehe:

•••
greatdomainz said:
You should develop it into something sweet... :hehe:
I honestly have no idea how to develop a site with that kind of name.

•••
if u have suc a domain with so much high traffic then u should build it with adsense ads ad earn handsomely

•••
You should definetly develop it if its getting that much, seems a shame to waste it, you could turn it into anything. Site doesnt have to be linked to the domain, could just be a random name.

•••
Don't know what to do with the traffic? I'm happy to solve your problem, just forward the domain to my website. ;)

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Don't know what to do with the traffic? I'm happy to solve your problem, just forward the domain to my website. ;)
It doesn't get many clicks, I made about 40 cents from Sedo last month.

•••
If your not sure what to develop then look at the pages/sites that are sending you traffic. See if there is a common trend among where your traffic is coming from, then go for it... Put up some adsense bars (only after you have traffic) and maybe even some affiliate links.

Good luck!

•••
Etab said:

I'm not shure that sedo is counting clicks outside US, Canda and EU

•••
Etab said:
40 clicks out of 500 visitors isn't too shabby... imo.

But I'm sure you could be making more per click using some of the other ppc/affiliate resources out there with a dev'd site...

1-9.us... hmnn... maybe a topsite/free link directory that features the top 9 in various categories on the homepage?...

Just an idea.

•••
These guys are absolutely right Etab, work quickly and put up a mini site on there. Finding out whatever is linking to it would be useful however not mandatory. An appropriate site may have a better CTR.

If you want to take advantage of this traffic you need to get a site up while it lasts...otherwise it may be gone forever. And you cant just ignore it either, that would be a crime against domainers and developers alike. ;)

•••
greatdomainz said:
40 clicks out of 500 visitors isn't too shabby... imo.

But I'm sure you could be making more per click using some of the other ppc/affiliate resources out there with a dev'd site...

1-9.us... hmnn... maybe a topsite/free link directory that features the top 9 in various categories on the homepage?...

Just an idea.
40 cents, not clicks.

I don't have an Adsense account and don't intend on getting it since I'm not into development as much as I am domain sales. So, if someone wants to make an offer and profit off this, you can make an offer. :)

•••
Etab said:
40 cents, not clicks.

I don't have an Adsense account and don't intend on getting it since I'm not into development as much as I am domain sales. So, if someone wants to make an offer and profit off this, you can make an offer. :)
lol... doh... don't know how I fumbled that one up.

500 visitors... 40 cents... yeah... you could be doing much better with the traffic. Get even a small site with adsense/ypn and I bet you bring in 10 fold at least.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back