IT.COM

Another bot at Namejet? Taryn (eearn.com)

NameSilo
Watch
Bidder Amount Date
taryn $630 Aug. 7, 2008 12:03 PM PT

Another bot bid at Namejet?. Same bidder hit me in another auction which I won.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.domainnamenews.com/miscellaneous/namejetcom-employees-not-allowed-to-bid/1673

Summary of thread

Frank
June 30, 2008 @ 11:12 pm EDT

Troy Leaver

June 25, 2008 @ 6:09 pm EDT

FYI, today I won a NameJet auction, after a last minute bidding war with NameJet user β€œtaryn”, whose bids ended driving the ending price up to $4,000. (I won the auction.)

It’s not a person, it’s a bot. I’ve recorded several auctions with this β€œTaryn” bot coming in to drive up prices in the last 5 minutes. Surprisingly enough, he/it is never in the original bidder pool. Every time the bot wins an auction, the DNS changes instantly. Normally this is a 24 hour process.

This phantom bidding happens with Netwo*ksolu*ions deletions. I’ve moved all my domains out of Netwo*ksolu*ions after several incidents with them. I will not give them any business and I definitely DO NOT recommend them as a honorable or reputable business.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like proxy bidding at Namejet might be a bad idea :|

•••
I don't really like the idea of proxy bidding.

•••
Namejet bidding alias
Taryn is From NAME ADMINISTRATION INC (Frank Schilling)
illliimnn is from Domain Market (Mike Mann)

•••
Taryn is Frank Schilling. This is not new, he's been active there for years. Using an API is not illegal. Its a way to buy (bid) on an amount of domains that would be impossible if it was done manualy. Happens at GoDaddy too. But at least at NJ you can tell who it is.

•••
Taryn, aka Frank Schilling uses a bot to bid on a very large number of domains per day but i think he does it all via the namejet api, just puts on very large max proxy bids.

•••
Isn't this the same as sniping on Ebay?

•••
The tayrn bot is awesome when your the seller please don't complain about this.

I've sold many domains to shilling thru his bot. It really increases the sales there's nothing wrong with his bot. Let it bid. Let him pay for names if you can't beat him that's just though. Its not shill bidding he's paying he's not inflating the prices theres times you just cant win a name with out over paying and that's the way it goes you have to deal with it.

Last edited:
•••
he doesnt win all the time. a few days ago, he lost on one of my names to another bidder.

•••
Frank is worth like $500 million, so if he wants a name then hes going to pay through the roof for it and it wont even make a dent in his bank balance. Its great for the sellers if hes bidding, but its not so great for people who want to purchase the names hes going after.

•••
•••
•••
Bidder Amount Date
taryn $630 Aug. 7, 2008 12:03 PM PT

Another bot bid at Namejet?. Same bidder hit me in another auction which I won.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.domainnamenews.com/miscellaneous/namejetcom-employees-not-allowed-to-bid/1673

Summary of thread

Frank
June 30, 2008 @ 11:12 pm EDT

Troy Leaver

June 25, 2008 @ 6:09 pm EDT

FYI, today I won a NameJet auction, after a last minute bidding war with NameJet user β€œtaryn”, whose bids ended driving the ending price up to $4,000. (I won the auction.)

It’s not a person, it’s a bot. I’ve recorded several auctions with this β€œTaryn” bot coming in to drive up prices in the last 5 minutes. Surprisingly enough, he/it is never in the original bidder pool. Every time the bot wins an auction, the DNS changes instantly. Normally this is a 24 hour process.

This phantom bidding happens with Netwo*ksolu*ions deletions. I’ve moved all my domains out of Netwo*ksolu*ions after several incidents with them. I will not give them any business and I definitely DO NOT recommend them as a honorable or reputable business.
They recently won an auction I was running, they paid immediately. It may be a bit bidding but it’s a real buyer

•••
They recently won an auction I was running, they paid immediately. It may be a bit bidding but it’s a real buyer
Taryn = Frank Schilling

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back