Dynadot

poll Where do you get your domains from?

NameSilo
Watch

Where do you get your domains from?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Auctions

votes
    37.4%
  • Closeout

votes
    35.2%
  • Dropcatch

votes
    26.4%
  • Hand-reg

votes
    67.0%
  • Namepros

votes
    33.0%
  • Other

votes
    23.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Aron Raduly

Established Member
Impact
Hey everyone,

I was curious what is the preferred method of buying/registering domains among Namepros users so i made this poll to have a better picture.:pompous:
Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey everyone,

I was curious what is the preferred method of buying/registering domains among Namepros users so i made this poll to have a better picture.:pompous:
Cheers!
My 90% acquisitions are private & backorders.. :)

•••
Hi Aron,
70% of my domains are Hand reg. and 30% Acquired in Auction
I buy at various marketplaces. Wherever I find a good domain.

•••
Mix between backorders, auctions, good deals from resellers, hand reg etc.

Depend on the domain names interested in.

Last edited:
•••
99% from expiring domains
1% godaddy closout

•••
Namepros, Gd Closeouts, NameLiquidate

Last edited:
•••
Mostly closeouts, handregs, and a few Sedo and NP purchases.
I used to acquire more via Namejet and Snapnames, but haven't in a while.

•••
•••
Most recent buys have been private. In the past it was mainly auctions.

It is hard to justify the prices at most popular auction venues now IMO. Very average domains consistently go for mid $XXX+.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
98% hand-reg
2% godaddy closout/ auctions

•••
Used to be all from GD expired auctions but that's gotten ridiculous with HD. Now I get backorders or private buys but I only buy maybe a name a month if that. I don't have the time to invest in domaining now to take it seriously.

•••
Most recent buys have been private. In the past it was mainly auctions.

It is hard to justify the prices at most popular auction venues now IMO. Very average domains consistently go for mid $XXX+.

Brad

actually i find below-average names selling mid $xxx even $xxxx— usually on DropCatch

The problem same with Godaddy auctions;

Brad, domainers are addict overpay “drops”

Last edited:
•••
Most of mine are private buys. You can get much better deals on much better names with a direct email to the owner, rather than marketplaces, auctions etc

•••
Mostly:
DropCatch.com
Dynadot Auctions
Godaddy Auctions/Closeouts

Sometimes:
NameLiquidate
NamePros

Rarely:
NameJet
SnapNames

•••
I may be a bit biased since I’m co-owner with @Josh R but I genuinely believe DNWE is the best place to buy domains aside from private purchases. At DNWE all the names listed have been carefully curated so you don’t have to sift through garbage to find the good stuff. Also, everything is priced at or very close to current wholesale/liquid value. We do all the hard work for you so you can just quickly buy what you like. As a domainer, in my my honest opinion I feel like the deals you can get on DNWE are often a far better value than auctions these days. This isn’t supposed to be an advertisement but I will say that if you haven’t applied for a free membership at DNWE yet and you want great deals you really should consider registering at www.dnwe.com. Cheers, Josh

Last edited:
•••
I purchase some domains directly from existing registrants on occasion, but also love hand regging....

In fact, just got the proceeds on a hand reg today. Clo/th/Mas/ks(.)org. A $250 profit in 70 days. Over the years I have had success with hand regs on current news, emerging technologies or just random things people might like. Hand regging is art, there are no rules. Some like the art, some don't. To each their own. Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Hand registered but wanted to say got them out of a box of cereal.

•••
though hand reg is not advisable. (I finally learned it) but if I look at my portfolio it's of hand regs mostly. Thanks for the post.

•••
Hand registered but wanted to say got them out of a box of cereal.
I used to collect cards/toys from cereal boxes.
I guess nothing has changed ;)

•••
Hey everyone,

Cheers!

If you ask that same question in another post, you will be told that handreg is the wrong approach.
Go figure.

Last edited:
•••
Most of my domains are expired ones. I have a few hand regs ones.

•••
I remember Daryl Braithwaite Horses was given away in a box of cereal record promotion.

•••
I remember Daryl Braithwaite Horses was given away in a box of cereal record promotion.
LOL, that was 30 years ago now.
I wonder if anyone outside of OZ knows who he is?

•••
Nameliquidate has gems for attractive prices.

•••
@Tony Blessed would be cool if you had another option for mid-range value domain names (neither liquidation nor top premium) that had a BIN that goes up incrementally every day or so by a small amount. Like a domain starts with listing at $100 (or some amount established by seller) and then goes up by $10 or 20 each day for 7 days or 14 days #ideafactory

Last edited:
•••
Back