NameSilo

When will everyone decide to stop pretending and be real?

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by Fortnite, Feb 26, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I didn't say that. I said I get domains at other places, like Snapnames, Namejet etc. and they go to registrars I don't like. When I can transfer out, I do to GoDaddy.

And it does matter if you're new because you're trying to inform me of a registrar I've used for 10+ years? I know exactly how it works, I know my own experience with them.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur VIP

There are many well know issues at GD I brought some of them in my previous post:
    My biggest complaint is their domain pushing system, it is a nightmare to deal with especially when you do bulk deals.

I spent once all day to receive 60+ domains from a domainer, and received something like 300+ redundant emals from GD in the process!

3. lock

lock BACKLINKRZ.COM VIP

I haven't seen a reg fee at $99 I am sure I have logged in without account never seen it that high. Is $99 your exaggeration in order to misrepresent?

4. JB Lions

He's talking about the Discount Club fee.

5. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

$99 annually to receive same benefits of 500+

Hey.. it’s cheaper than $9.99 a month! (i pay)

Samer

6. lock

lock BACKLINKRZ.COM VIP

discount club yeah totally worth it.

7. Ostrados

I don't need to pay a discount club at other places to get same benefits + extras (ex: free privacy)

8. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

What do I dont like about Godaddy? Well the DDC thing, paying for the privacy,due to having too many staff , sometimes getting different responses to the same problems. Their phone support being terrible. Shall I continue? I can find more but lets say those are the main problems.

9. JB Lions

Congrats. Where do you get the GoDaddy auctions at other places?

10. Abdullah Abdullah

Why does it worth? Do you get like 8 renewal for .com, 9 for net org? Does DDC give you free privacy?

11. lock

lock BACKLINKRZ.COM VIP

Same benefit would be registered name and that would be where same lies. Godaddy auctions afternic etc is where your $99 + whatever it is all up to be in auctions

12. Ostrados

Talking about auctions, GD is the only platform that charges auction yearly subscription, I don't mind paying it because it is cheap $4.99 per year. But I do mind paying $4.99 each time I want to add reserve to my auction!!

13. JB Lions

I've never paid for the reserve. You could just start the auction at your Reserve price.

14. Ostrados

No I want to add reserve price, do you mind that?!

15. lock

lock BACKLINKRZ.COM VIP

I don't need privacy I am selling names your not happy to pay more I am.

16. JB Lions

I don't mind. I start mine at what I want so that's free, if the $4.99 an issue. You do have choices.

17. Samer

Even the $4.99 annual fee for auctions is questionable, but i'll bite... It's worth it

but all these fees; $99 a year, $9.99 privacy, $4.99 auction, more money reserve it's crazy.

Unless you have 500 ofc. i wonder why you dont see anything wrong with that? :xf.wink:

18. Abdullah Abdullah

Diplomatic answer, you answered the privacy part only. What about the rest? :-P

19. Ostrados

Many people do want privacy, I insist to have privacy enabled on all my domains, because in the past I received tons of spam emails because of not having privacy enabled.. it was really very bad experience to me that ruined one of the emails that I use, now I rarely open that email because it is full of spam lol

20. Samer

Some require privacy for safety; people going to your house... Yes, there have been stories, rather get the best of both worlds;
    privacy offers that, plus a way to reach me.

Samer

21. Szilard

Szilard Established Member

Also remember that most or registrar's make few cents on each domain. It is not easy to keep quality (website+support) while being bombarded with questions why you do not sell .com for 8.03 like XX registrar.

22. lock

lock BACKLINKRZ.COM VIP

Every domain I own is related to marketing and webmasters I am the target. Sure I get spam but buyer verifies I am real everyone here is asking others to help find decision makers well here I am.

23. Abdullah Abdullah

I can still sell if I have privacy and I do really, so not having privacy because it might hinder sales is not an excuse. Spam will always come. I get it with Privacy enabled too at some Registrars, but it is different when your name is not there at least not to mention the contact details.

24. lock

lock BACKLINKRZ.COM VIP

I am also up to date on every scam running I don't see my spam I control what I can better than you think.

25. boker

boker Top Contributor VIP

Brad, you are way smarter than this. Godaddy has the most number of customers and most domains, but that is not an excuse. It's like you are saying that China has the biggest population, so it's normal to treat most people bad and have the most complaints. Or as well, facebook should have thousands of complains a day, because they have the vast majority of the market and hundreds of millions of users. It's pretty easy, check the issues for a random 100 transfers at godaddy and compare with a random 100 transfers at namesilo, epik, dynadot. The same you can do for a random 100 everything: payments, auctions, hand regs, customers service, pushes and so on, the difference in the number of issues is huge, but for some particular reason, which I can't figure it out, you have decided to close your eyes. It's like saying: 'because I have a privileged relation with them, doesn't matter how they really are or how they are treating the rest of 99% of their customers, it's important how they treat me and I will defend them, no matter what.' Probably the same thing are thinking the elite 1% from North Korea, that for them it's the best country in the world, doesn't matter how they treat the rest of them.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice