Dynadot

When will everyone decide to stop pretending and be real?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fortnite

Patience is the key to success and big moneyEstablished Member
Impact
There has been a numerous amount of complaints about some registrars for some time now. Some of them are unbelievable and some even harder to digest by the responses from the support teams of those specific registrars. (No names going to be mentioned)

Some of the problems:
- Transfer issues
- Stolen Domains
- Support uneducated/irrelevant/irresponsible
- Payout delays
- Character Defamation
and many others....

Some problematic posts below (amongst many others)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-told-my-customer-i-was-a-thief-and-a-scammer.1178668/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/po...l-godaddy-investigate-help-so-far-no.1178506/

You would imagine these kinds of situations happening to newbies and inexperienced domainers, but alas, it's happening to "Experienced Domainers"....

My Question to everyone here:

When will you guys stop pretending that these "Registrars" are the best and be real and move out to some other registrars which provides better services?

Are you guys waiting for those problems to happen to you, then you will decide to make a post on NP and smash the reputation of that Registrar?

I think It's high time for everyone to wake up, be real for once in your lives and start using registrars which provides better services/Support and most importantly care about you.

If you guys don't wake up, then face the consequences and stop complaining as you were delighted to welcome those troubles/issues yourselves.

Note: Your inputs and thoughts are most welcome

Mods, if I posted in the wrong section, please shift thread to relevant section

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have enough volume to get a dedicated rep, bulk pricing, that solves 92.6% of the problems with Godaddy no having to go though the usual support channels.

Imo bad move on their part while they ignore new domainers with small portfolios just getting started, we find registrars who treat all customers better and they get outlets loyalty and all our domains as our portfolio grows. But GD is already large, complacent.

Dont feel valued as customer... Why stay <500
assume everyone with them 500+ the sad part, think many pay club fees, cuz like me before... they prob dont know—there are better options!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
How long have you been domaining?
It's irrelevant, but I'll still answer...not long. Count me as a newbie... But again after reading about negative attitudes towards customers I'm bound to stay far away from such services and would chose the safe way and prevent it from happening to me. I believe in if "it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone".

•••
I have had to move all domains about 4 times as was forced due to registrars closing. Smaller registrars just increase that risk again for me losing domains in process.

•••
It's irrelevant, but I'll still answer...not long. Count me as a newbie... But again after reading about negative attitudes towards customers I'm bound to stay far away from such services and would chose the safe way and prevent it from happening to me. I believe in if "it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone".

It is relevant, goes to experience. You just don't have much of it if you're new. My first year domaining, you didn't see me telling other people what registrars they should use. Even if you birthed domaining, it wouldn't have anything to do with whether I like a registrar or not. It's a personal choice.

Dont feel valued as customer... Why stay <500
assume everyone with them 500+ the sad part, think many pay club fees, cuz like me before... they prob dont know—there are better options!

Samer

I just counted my bookmarks, I have login info for about 30 different registrars because the names I win in the Aftermarket got pushed all over the place over the years, including the registrar you love.

Again, this isn't complicated. Just use the registrar you like. It seems we have people that try to convince others that they don't like the registrar they do.

@Samer again you found a registrar you like better than GoDaddy. Congrats, I'm happy for you. Everybody should try out a few different registrars and do the same.

Last edited:
•••
It is relevant, goes to experience. You just don't have much of it if you're new. My first year domaining, you didn't see me telling other people what registrars they should use. Even if you birthed domaining, it wouldn't have anything to do with whether I like a registrar or not. It's a personal choice.

I just counted my bookmarks, I have login info for about 30 different registrars because the names I win in the Aftermarket got pushed all over the place over the years, including the registrar you love.

Again, this isn't complicated. Just use the registrar you like. It seems we have people that try to convince others that they don't like the registrar they do.

@Samer again you found a registrar you like better than GoDaddy. Congrats, I'm happy for you. Everybody should try out a few different registrars and do the same.

it diminishes me as a customer JB, and $18 is more than halfway to Net Sol’s $35 (LOL)

all due respect to Godaddy, because they can squash us like a bug, isnt that right, JB?

they are bigger than the 10 next biggest competitors which is insane..

Last edited:
•••
it diminishes me as a customer JB, and $18 is more than halfway to Net Sol’s $35 (LOL)

all due respect to Godaddy, because they can squash us like a bug, isnt that right, JB?

they are bigger than the 10 next biggest competitors which is insane

I thought you're not at GoDaddy? So you're not a customer then. Be happy where you're at.

Last edited:
•••
I thought you're not at GoDaddy? So you're not a customer then. Be happy where you're at.

i dont want to be at Godaddy. every name there is courtesy of 60 day lock, I continue pay club fee for those + names have there pre-epik

Last edited:
•••
i dont want to be at Godaddy. every name there is courtesy of their 60 day lock, and i pay hostage tax for those, + names i had pre-epik,

Then just transfer when you can. Simple stuff.

•••
Then just transfer when you can. Simple stuff.

60 days? it’s not really simple when you’re “not a fan” it feels much longer, and constantly replenishes or renews if you find anything in their closeouts, or push if dont avoid pushes — adds $8 to transfer away... i love them

•••
I can see the value in spending more as it isn't all about renewals.

•••
Lets face it guys, Godaddy is the beast in this business. It is very hard to not use them. Most of the domains I sell move there. Do you want to know when a domain I sell doesn't move to or stay at Godaddy and where it goes? .....Guess it...OK, you gave up ?:-P

They go to Amazon or Google. No other registrar at all. What does this mean in my opinion? It means only Amazon or Google can actually shake or even put on the table the trust and reputation which Godaddy enjoys. All other registrars cannot even come close to these three. Another one which is well known in the industry due to when they started is Netsol, but I am yet to see any of the domains I sold move there.

As @bmugford Brad said, the size of the company does matter actually and it happens in every industry. And oh, did I mention that before 18 years ago, I registered my first ever domains at Godaddy?

So as I said, Godaddy is big and it enjoys the trust of everyone. At the start of 2017, I registered a domain for $1, and I receive good offer in xxxx. I agreed after moving it a bit. The domain was at Fasthosts. The user refused to honer the deal unless I wrote in clear terms that the domain will be moved to his Godaddy account. He sent me his account number and email at Godaddy and did not even know that other companies existed. He said just move the domain to my account. I had to explain and convince him that we need 5-6 working days to move the domain to Godaddy. And this end-user was holding good position in a Governor's office in a state in the US. How did you know this? He used his full name and contact details. One of the best deals I had actually because he was very understanding and We even spoke on the phone and later He shared with a domain that can easily get high six figures that he has.

So all in all, as I said, only Amazon and Google can challenge Godaddy. Recently with the model which SquadHelp is using, you would see users getting their names at NameCheap and Namesilo. This is only influenced by SH I believe as most names get registered on those two platforms.

•••
Since GD is 10x largest the 60 days will be the normal for the industry to protect buyers and sellers the traffic can still be directed wherever.

•••
•••
So your argument is basically "shut up and don't discuss" :xf.rolleyes:

What part of my post is wrong? I directly addressed your post earlier:

For a big company like GD they should do much better, there is no excuse, how hard is it to:
- Implement convenient easy to use UI
- Make domain push easier
- Offer free privacy

Why would I pay $99 per year to get $8.5 .com while in other places I can get .com for less than $8.5 + free privacy + better UI + insta push + better landing page.

I gave answers for that. Why do you care if other people like GoDaddy, what does that have to do with you?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
What part of my post are wrong? I directly addressed your post earlier:

I gave answers for that. Why do you care if other people like GoDaddy, what does that have to do with you?

People are discussing negativities at a well known registrar and you are basically trying to mute them with phrase like "use a different registrar and move on" .. no it is not that simple.

GD is the biggest platform for expired domain auctions so all domainers are forced to use them, GD is the most used registrar so when I buy domains from other domainers many of them will be GD domains, so at the end I am forced to have many domains at my GD account although I do not prefer to use them.

So rather than mute others, discuss things that can improve at GD.

thanks

Last edited:
•••
People are discussing negativities at a well known registrar and you are basically trying to mute them with phrase like "use a different registrar and move on" .. no it is not that simple.

GD is the biggest platform for expired domain auctions so all domainers are forced to use them, GD is the most used registrar so when I buy domains from other domains many of them will be GD domains, so at the end I am forced to have many domains at my GD account although I do not prefer to use them.

thanks

Thank you. There’s no point in discussing if they’d rather keep the status quo.

•••

GD is the biggest platform for expired domain auctions so all domainers are forced to use them, GD is the most used registrar so when I buy domains from other domains many of them will be GD domains, so at the end I am forced to have many domains at my GD account although I do not prefer to use them.

thanks

It's exactly that simple, you're crying about 60 days? Guess what, when I win domains at auction, they go to registrars I don't like. I............transfer out when I can. That's it. If it bothers you that much, don't use them. When you do use them, you know what goes along with it.

And then, I already went thru your other post.

Last edited:
•••
It's exactly that simple, you're crying about 60 days? Guess what, when I win domains at auction, they go to registrars I don't like. I............transfer out when I can. That's it.

60 days is two months, 16.66% of the year.
Time moves slow, not just GD, 60 days’ hell for any registrar, esp when against your will.

Believe or not JB, even reg’d name need 60+ everywhere, not just GD, to move. (all registrar

It’s a significant industry problem (imo) that GD takes the next level (pushes, and the works)

Last edited:
•••
60 days is two months, 16.66% of the year.
Time moves slow, not just GD, 60 day is hell for any registrar, esp when it’s against your will

Reread my last post.

•••
We have those individual problems in the threads and they are generally addressed by representatives. If you see the need for a witch hunt or to address all issues you have then bring them up. You now have your opportunity and correct thread to do so.

•••
It's exactly that simple, you're crying about 60 days? Guess what, when I win domains at auction, they go to registrars I don't like. I............transfer out when I can. That's it.

Good for you..
Now if you don't have any other thing that can add value to this discussion then please do not repeat your self.

•••
Good for you..
Now if you don't have any other thing that can add value to this discussion then please do not repeat your self.

Make use of the Ignore feature if it bothers you or skip my post and don't reply. Again, I guess this is going over your head. I directly quoted you and went over every point.

Last edited:
•••

Doesn't matter whether I'm still new or not, when I see something wrong I'll inform people and try to find out the reason why they wish to continue involving themselves....Now that you pointed out, you use there aftermarket and push to other registrars, which I do not disagree with...other that aftermarket do you use them for other purposes?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Back