Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys...

Let's play a small game. There are 3 questions each of us answer:

1) What is your best domain?
2) How much do you think it is worth?
3) Why do you think it would fetch you that amount?

The idea here is to remove the biases that we all have towards the domain name that we own.
I have been overly optimistic about many of the domain names that I owned, and that gives a false picture when we approach an end user or an end user approaches us. Ultimately, we end up losing a sale which could have fetched up, say mid xxx to low xxxx or maybe more.

So yeah, lets go ahead! Be a sport! Participate! And let's learn together!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
App names peaked around 2014, I had a ton of KeywordApp.com ie) Stream/TV/Gun/Wow, and I have many good .com's left, the inquiries are not coming in, sorry to say. By the time you carry this one for a few years you will be lucky to break even, or get out from under those renewals.

We will see, mainstream companies are registering and buying much more .APP domains than you already know. Tencent alone has registered over hundreds LLL.app, which they've not done so for any other new ngTLDs.

•••
Buried by reg fees !

Yikes !

.RIP

;)

I guess some of you as domainer simply can not afford this renewal on yearly basis, you buy what you can afford, you invest in what you can afford, you don't ask whether a Ferrari owner can afford its maintenance and oil expenses thinking he can't afford it because you are driving a Mazda (no offense to the brand). Different domainers have different perspective, play what you can possibly afford. If you are only invest to sell to other domainers...well, it's your choice and your strategy, good luck on that too.

Last edited:
•••
or just buy to .dev elop ala .fun its my .hobby ;)

•••
•••
Sorry it won't happen, and you will be slapped on the face.

Good argument, you win.

Still we can wait and see, it won’t make sense to hold a name with such high renewals no matter what argument you come up with. Many domainers have tried before, expensive lesson.

•••
I guess some of you as domainer simply can not afford this renewal on yearly basis, you buy what you can afford, you invest in what you can afford, you don't ask whether a Ferrari owner can afford its maintenance and oil expenses thinking he can't afford it because you are driving a Mazda (no offense to the brand). Different domainers have different perspective, play what you can possibly afford. If you are only invest to sell to other domainers...well, it's your choice and your strategy, good luck on that too.

No domainer can afford $2000 year renewals, even a billionaire domainer would not keep paying.

•••
No domainer can afford $2000 year renewals, even a billionaire domainer would not keep paying.

Oh too bad I'm not a billionaire and I can easily afford this on yearly basis for the next 10 years or so. I'm a domainer too, snap? You clearly know what a billionaire is thinking, or not.

Last edited:
•••
What WOULD you do with an extra $2000 ?

NOBODY can afford to be like a kid in a candy store...

•••
Oh too bad I'm not a billionaire and I can easily afford this on yearly basis for the next 10 years or so. I'm a domainer too, snap? You clearly know what a billionaire is thinking, or not.

The name will drop. Nobody goes in thinking they can afford initially, paying year after year is another thing.

What would you pay per year for fashion.mobi?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
This thread is about how much a domain is worth, so please focus on domain value and stop discussing renewal stuff.

•••
The name will drop. Nobody goes in thinking they can afford initially, paying year after year is another thing.

What would you pay per year for fashion.mobi?

When you say NOBODY you mean you? You represent yourself only, and are you going to admit you're clueless if it doesn't drop? Yes or no.

Last edited:
•••
This thread is about how much a domain is worth, so please focus on domain value and stop discussing renewal stuff.

The renewal is the main issue for value this name. Thanks for your inputs.

•••
When you say NOBODY you mean you? You represent yourself only, and are you going to admit you're clueless if it doesn't drop? Yes or no.

It will eventually drop, expensive lesson yet to be learn on premium renewals names.

•••
thebitcoinplace // com

Hope it's worth something...!

Last edited:
•••
betheimpossible // com/net/org/co/co.uk/in

Such a powerful statement. The idea of doing the impossible and the impossible dream will be around for a long time. Asking for $80-90k for the whole lot.

•••
•••
You’re dreaming.

We don't think so. It's only around $10k per domain which for any global marketing campaign is next to nothing. Plus the end-buyer gets the whole lot so they're covering most bases. It's not hard to imagine a sports brand wanting to use it.

Last edited:
•••
FindAdvisors in king

mid $x,xxx

Great domain for anything advisors related, in all niches

•••
betheimpossible // com/net/org/co/co.uk/in

Such a powerful statement. The idea of doing the impossible and the impossible dream will be around for a long time. Asking for $80-90k for the whole lot.

Excellant names, make sure get .ws also.

•••
Joord.com

asking low $xxx

•••
Hi guys...

Let's play a small game. There are 3 questions each of us answer:

1) What is your best domain?
2) How much do you think it is worth?
3) Why do you think it would fetch you that amount?

The idea here is to remove the biases that we all have towards the domain name that we own.
I have been overly optimistic about many of the domain names that I owned, and that gives a false picture when we approach an end user or an end user approaches us. Ultimately, we end up losing a sale which could have fetched up, say mid xxx to low xxxx or maybe more.

So yeah, lets go ahead! Be a sport! Participate! And let's learn together!

My best domain for now would be TokenBanking.org (TokenInvesting.org & BitBanking.io would also be close to best)

These would be worth atleast $xxxx once Crypto market gets into bull mode (which has already started to some extent)

•••
My best domain for now would be TokenBanking.org (TokenInvesting.org & BitBanking.io would also be close to best)

These would be worth atleast $xxxx once Crypto market gets into bull mode (which has already started to some extent)

Why would they be worth that? Many similar domain unregistered.

•••
Why would any of them buy smartcock.com? They aren't going to names the product that. It would be Google Clock or something like that.

No, not for tech terms, they date. The "internet" part is not needed and sounds like something from the 1997-2007 era.

Did you read the point of the thread "2) How much do you think it is worth?" Seems it it is only off base when you don't like the viewpoint.

I dropped a 19 year old tech name that will relate to so he is not way off age means nothing if it is useless. I made good money operating it but was dial up based renewed it for 15 years after stopped using it way in front on that one who cares moving on.

Yes but the thread could encourage allows others to look though others domains knowing you think you already published your best names. eg if someone posts best name at 1k then they could take less for others they overlook. Just a thought.

Last edited:
•••
DIGITALEXCHANGE // COM
Low 6 Figs Atleast
CoinExchange is in market with startng price of 3 Million USD
GoldExchange sold in 50k+
I feel DigitalExchange covering all Digital Currencies + Digital Media + Digital Ads & Alot more coming in digital space...

Great domain, but I would probably sell it for 50K if I owned it. It is a little bit long, and can be understood as
digit alex change.

•••
ToHost.com i'd say mid to high $X,XXX

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back