IT.COM

What's up with .one extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

5dots

Established Member
Impact
I recognized that both GD and NC don't seem to offer .one extension for registration. Do you know the reason?

Looking forward to your input. Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It's because each registry has to make deals with the registrars to sell an extension. It seems .One hasn't wanted to make an agreement with GD or NC yet.

The registry is One.com. They offer .one through their web site

Good luck! .One is one of my favs for investment long-term :)

•••
I wish I could tell you the answer, I wish they did as well.

Hopefully some.one will have the answer! ;)

•••
Thank you for your (funny) comments! If no more answers, I guess @brandnow must be right.
But still seems weird to me as they offer far more unpopular extensions instead.

•••
The registry resides on one.com just if you were pondering more about it.

•••
The registry resides on one.com just if you were pondering more about it.
I guess they are just showing their beliefs in how good their own extension is! ;)

•••
It's because each registry has to make deals with the registrars to sell an extension. It seems .One hasn't wanted to make an agreement with GD or NC yet.

The registry is One.com. They offer .one through their web site

Good luck! .One is one of my favs for investment long-term :)

right on! I love .one

of all the crap extensions out there, it's the least crappy one..

I got about 150$ invested in it.. longer term like you said..
  • 3-d.one
  • arcade.one
  • bookmark.one
  • copyright.one
  • dictionary.one
  • eternity.one
  • explorer.one
  • gambler.one
  • immortal.one
  • input.one
  • kinky.one
  • meta.one
  • metaverse.one
  • prototype.one
  • rep.one
  • satan.one
  • subject.one
  • terminal.one
  • torrent.one
  • virtualreality.one

already got some nice sales too:

hnjgfjh.JPG

•••
had a quick look at some potential domain hacks. All $1,250 and even crappy dictionary words. Booearns.

•••
this one is useful for branders but maximum 1 word , some hacks will fi aswell... like some.one said : )

•••
this one is useful for branders but maximum 1 word , some hacks will fi aswell... like some.one said : )

It seems 99% of anything decent is 625 or 6,250. There are exceptions that I feel would work, for example, Allin, holein and so forth. Obviously all taken.

If you do find anything decent at standard price, I'd look at other extensions and see what's developed or available for sale. I honestly don't see the point in owning another keyword that other domainers are trying to sell in every possible extension, unless it's something that really ties in with the word one.

None of the reported sales above have been developed and i see a few relisted for sale. Potential is all it has right now.

Last edited:
•••
At least on NP .xyz is hyped more than .one

That makes me wonder. .one sounds better, is pronounced more quickly, has this #1 touch and is a truly global extension.
And there's even some good ones available at reg fees :xf.cool:

•••
A thought occurred to me, surely any radio advertising is out the window until the extension gains more traction.

Otherwise you'd have a lot of people visiting .one and .won, maybe someone else will launch the .won extension too. I do like it but I'm hesitant to invest, anything I like is premium pricing.

•••
True. That mix-up didn't even come to my mind. Too much in the .one world it seems ;)

As there is no real good offers for registration, at least development should be stable.

•••
Hello,
I like this gTLD too but the problem is that "One registry" does not make an effort to advertise it (their facebook page has only 160 fans !!), I know too many domainers who didn't know anything about the .One launch date (20/05/2015),
But you know what, the day when the domain "Number.One" sells for 6 or 7 figures, this extension will be known and auto-advertised :)

•••
I dunno I kind of loved the fact in this case that One didn't advertise. It gave me a chance to grab all the names I wanted back in May. :D Plus, without advertising, it's fairly impressive they are sitting pretty currently at 38,000 registrations. It seems more popular in Europe and Asia though it could also spread to the Americas.

•••
•••
i created a showcase .one thread.. if anyone thinks .one has some future potential, feel free to go check thread.. showcase your stuff, discuss.. and maybe who knows even trade some domains together.. thanks

•••
Nice. Finally some interest for .one on NP.

@alcy great addition

•••
The best domain in my opinion is Number.one, I think it's better than .COMs because its owner can create subdomains like:
Hotel.number.one
Car.number.one
Flight.number.one
:)

•••
The best domain in my opinion is Number.one, I think it's better than .COMs because its owner can create subdomains like:
Hotel.number.one
Car.number.one
Flight.number.one
:)
A lot of number one mentions here already and it's for sale. Any of you holding it?

•••
I don't but I own TheNumber.one, already received XXX offers but I prefer waiting for Number.one to be sold first :)

•••
.one registrations with hover getting a little pricey.

None of their promo codes out there is working and confirmed with them that they only discount new accounts on first order. I don't like that policy.

Can any of you recommend an alternative registrar? Preferably with pivacy. Of course checked domcomp but nothing.
Unfortunately NC, GD etc are not in the .one game yet.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back