Dynadot

opinion Let's exploit the .blog extension Win or Bust?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheWatcher

Founder, MAJ.comTop Member
Impact
Today .Blog extension open it's door. I don't like their pricing setup and thousand of keyword reserved, but what the hell. Let me get some.

I registered CyberWar.blog and now redirecting to my cyber security blog.
What's your plan using .blog extension aside the obvious "blog" posting. Let's exploit the possibility, care to share what's on your mind? What domain you successfully registered and what's your plan for the next 12 months?

Thank you,
[email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my favorite .blog is asmaulhusna.blog :)

for names of Allah for muslim people..

•••
•••
•••
So far no positive comments from other investors.
Well, I dug a little and found a couple that I'm satisfied with:

syndicated
.blog
bloggin.blog

For poops and giggles, eventually bloggin.blog will turn into a one-page wonder: blog.bloggin.blog/bloggin

•••
I think syndicated.blog is makes more sense than bloggin. IMHO.
Will you use it as your own blog or something?
Or it will be for sale?

•••
•••
$27.99 at goodaddy. I see the few for my geographic area are gone. Any chance an end user would get a deal is gone. It's just another extension to me. I keep thinking if .net failed, why won't the new ones.
Except .xyz.lol

8888.blog 130k per year :xf.grin:
I own 888Blog.com, think I will stick with that.

•••
I tried to register 6 names.
I got the 3 Dutch names I wanted.
I got ThaiFood.blog
Thailandtravel.blog is now on auction so I wasnt the only one.

And Trump.blog seems to be a mystery..........
When I preregisterd it was priced at reg fee, although Clinton.blog and Obama.blog were both premium. So I guessed that they were no Trump lovers at Wordpress.
But now it didnt go to auction and I didnt seem to get it, so now I guess they suddenly became Trump lovers at Wordpresss after all......
I own ThailandBlog.com, I think that is my preference.:xf.smile:

•••
Matt Mullenweg: "We're very reasonable on the pricing, so people will be able to consider renewing."

OK just need my Visa Gold for the 100k renewal bill

Maybe 100k is reasonable if you are a billionaire like Mullenweg.

Last edited:
•••

100k is not reasonable......

•••
Somehow the .blog is picking up 26,213 registration as of today.

•••
I own 888Blog.com, think I will stick with that.

Now you can easily justify your price to your prospective buyers.
Sometimes we need a distraction like .blog to increase the value of our existing portfolio. :)

•••

His reasonable price is out of wack :)

•••
KING.blog is $139,999.99 per year. In 10 years, your cost is $1.39M + $139K every year.
QUEEN.blog is $13,999.99 per year. In 10 years, your cost is $139K + $13K every year.

Wow, even in domain world equality is not so equal. :)

Last edited:
•••
Without a doubt premium names probably wont be regged, but there a ton of standard reg fee names available, of course the standard reg fee isn't cheap either at 25-29 dollars a yr. But having said that I couldn't have regged( gigs.com) unless I took out a second mortgage.Got gigs.blog for 27, But I am willing to give it a shot with the half dozen names I regged. First time for me with a ntld. Not hyping dot blogs because either it will take off with bloggers or be a flop. Just wanted some skin in the game if by chance it does well. I missed the 4 letter.com boom because at the time it didn't make sense to me. Had a few of them I made money on though.
Joe T

•••
Does WordPress like .blog?

Last edited:
•••
Does WordPress like .blog?

If they are all in, would be nice to see them change from WordPress.com to WordPress.blog.

Do you think that will happen?

•••
If they are all in, would be nice to see them change from WordPress.com to WordPress.blog.

Do you think that will happen?
No; they are two different activities. .blog is .blog; Wordpress is Wordpress. They have to create a different name for a .blog.

•••
Anyname that goes well with .blog and any names that goes well with .blog activities. Like,
Fishing.blog travel.blog etc... Food.blog and hello.blog; see the difference?:xf.love:
Things like people wants to talk about; it is more like recreational and fun stuff.

Last edited:
•••
By the way, I was talking about the old fashion way of how the "blog" was used to be. People writing about their ideas, fashion and daily activities; it is just like their daily diary; but they write it via online. As the years progressive, people starting using "blog" for businesses activities. So now we have an old ways of doing blog + the new way of doing blog. I still think that you should not used you main company name as for your blog activities. If one catch on fire, you wouldn't want the whole co. gets burn. :blackeye:

•••
I see that some Dumbo has registered Word-Press.Blog :xf.smile:

•••
It is not his fault, it was available to register. :sneaky:

•••
•••
•••
WordPress.Blog is better........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back