Dynadot

question Why did .BIZ never take off?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have been looking at .biz sale. It is a proper professional extension and looking back, I realize that had I been domaining 10 years back, properly, I would have heavily invested in this extension.

I mean what's not to like about it. The extension is like .com because it shows the business or commercial use case clearly. It is short for business.
I mean I don't see any reason why it should not take off.
In hindsight, what do you think went wrong with .biz?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone know how much is resale price for NNN .biz ?
Also in demand or not ?
In NameBio over the past 5 years 59 NNN sales ranging in price $130 to $3100. The average price is $837 and median about $675. Here is the sales list. Since not all venues report sales to NameBio, probably total number 5 to 10 times this. Of course the value depends greatly on the specific number sequence.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
Another factor is that the reg fee for .BIZ has been increasing over the past few years and it is now more expensive than .COM on some registrars. (Just renewed one about an hour ago.)

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back