Dynadot

opinion Let's exploit the .blog extension Win or Bust?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheWatcher

Founder, MAJ.comTop Member
Impact
Today .Blog extension open it's door. I don't like their pricing setup and thousand of keyword reserved, but what the hell. Let me get some.

I registered CyberWar.blog and now redirecting to my cyber security blog.
What's your plan using .blog extension aside the obvious "blog" posting. Let's exploit the possibility, care to share what's on your mind? What domain you successfully registered and what's your plan for the next 12 months?

Thank you,
[email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have one domain in auction but not able to participate, totally forgot about it hahaha.

•••
Greed from the founders will cause the stalling of the .blog TLD. That's all I will say.

•••
Did you know anyone had bought $130,000+ domain with $130000+ renewal fees? Interesting to find out! Must be mad people who bought it!

•••
Did you know anyone had bought $130,000+ domain with $130000+ renewal fees? Interesting to find out! Must be mad people who bought it!
We will no doubt see some of the big sales at Namescon, same thing as happened last year. Only seem to be registry direct sales that get the supposed big bucks.
Might be a nice little project for someone to check out the various big gtld sales from last years conference just to see what happened to them, me, can't be bothered.

•••
We will no doubt see some of the big sales at Namescon, same thing as happened last year. Only seem to be registry direct sales that get the supposed big bucks.
Might be a nice little project for someone to check out the various big gtld sales from last years conference just to see what happened to them, me, can't be bothered.
Well said.

•••
Looking at sedo, there are now 572 .blog domains listed. Flippa.blog is there
Also Volleybal.blog
I guess the correct spelling version volleyball is $699.99 per year for perpetuity and well, one less letter makes it shorter.
Mostly :poop: love the typos and trademark ones. https://sedo.com/search/?keyword=.blog&language=e&rel=1&orderdirection=1#
Looked to see any recent sales at namebio but guess they don't recognize the extension yet.
I was checking wordpress.com and they offer .blog with one of their packages, but you need an account to see any detail.
Did anyone have a wordpress.com blog account and try and purchase or was offered a .blog from them.
Or has an account to see if their is special pricing, or they will hold you ransom if you try and transfer?

Not very popular on twitter https://twitter.com/dotblog

•••
I think we exhausted this .blog topic already and time to move.
Too little business opportunity to invest in .blog for me, only the registry will rake the cash.

•••
i preregistered 3 finance domains,
got none of them,
now they are listed at crazy price, with crazy renewals

the launch of .blog was a total mess, their support answered 0 of my questions
they lost the trust of domainers

they reserved a large chunk of domain as premiums,
that's the most stupid thing you can do to launch a new extension

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back