Dynadot

What's the popularity of .page / .sale / .news ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There seems to be a lot of one word keywords still left in .page, .sale, and .news?
Did the popularity and use of these tlds never really gain any steam?

Also, registrars are charging different registration/renewal fees depending on the keyword.tld. Is this normal? for example, keyword1.page can be $10/year but keyword2.page can be $500/year. How do they determine the fees?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also, registrars are charging different registration/renewal fees depending on the keyword.tld. Is this normal? for example, keyword1.page can be $10/year but keyword2.page can be $500/year. How do they determine the fees?
I wouldn't know exactly how the premium fees are determined, but would wager a guess as to the top 1000, 10,000 traffic domains or whatever having a factor. Maybe they tap into some appraisal services, and historical sales reports too based on legacy extensions. Natural keyword matches, search volume and results could also come into play.

So pretty much stuff we look at as domain investors :P

As for the availability, there's a lot because there's a lot of new extensions. These were mostly geared towards end users, not investors, so the target pool can be pretty niched in some cases, with not a lot of expectation in quantity adoption.

•••
I wouldn't know exactly how the premium fees are determined, but would wager a guess as to the top 1000, 10,000 traffic domains or whatever having a factor. Maybe they tap into some appraisal services, and historical sales reports too based on legacy extensions. Natural keyword matches, search volume and results could also come into play.

thanks I think the plethora of new extensions have devalued and saturated everything.
I'm an end user building out a few websites, and I am wanting to use keyword+ .page, .sale, and .news but I'm fearful the adoption of these have not risen to any meaningful level.

I'm not even sure if there are any well known established websites using any of these 3 tlds.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I agree with @HotKey

Strongest of the 3, if I had to pick: News. A source such as NameBio will show you reported sales

•••
After register or miss out my.page , yearly.sale real.news find another extension and find best in that. I have dropped best in an extension as didn't perform and folded. It still has to bring some traffic be searched for to warrant prices of gtld.

Last edited:
•••
After register or miss out my.page , yearly.sale real.news find another extension and find best in that. I have dropped best in an extension as didn't perform and folded. It still has to bring some traffic be searched for to warrant prices of gtld.

are you saying these were your regs but you dropped them?
were you hoping to resale or develop into a website?
I don't see my.page available, but I would love to have it.

•••
No i used this as an example but i did drop best in an extension because no point only owning best names if nobody else bought the extension so rather than pay a premium renewal i am betting the extensions collapse instead on particular extension. Not saying gtld is a poor investment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back