IT.COM

Whats the next hottest CCTLD?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

startupsold

Established Member
Impact
Hi, what do you think would be the next big CCTLD? .cn is gaining some ground, what else? Are CCTLDs valuations based on a country's economic growth? what are some other attributes considered to valuate these domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally, I like both the .IN and .TV extensions. Not too familiar with .cn and since they don't speak English it would be a gamble for me to dip in that market. I think .TV has a promising future for the simple fact that people will associate it with television. I think .IN has a good future mainly because of growth in technology inside that country.

•••
Personally, I like both the .IN and .TV extensions. Not too familiar with .cn and since they don't speak English it would be a gamble for me to dip in that market. I think .TV has a promising future for the simple fact that people will associate it with television. I think .IN has a good future mainly because of growth in technology inside that country.

While .TV is a ccTLD by definition, it is treated like a gTLD by search engines.Tuvalu sold their rights to their country level extension and its open for everyone. So its natural that it is mostly associated and used for Television related websites. Same is with .ME for Montenegro, .PW for Palau and a few others. ;)

•••
Tuvalu sold their rights to their country level extension and its open for everyone.

I believe Tuvalu merely leased the rights of their ccTLD to others. If that's true, when the lease runs out, anything can happen.

The extent to which business entities have branded in .TV without realizing potential consequences down the road is astounding. Eventually, education will prevail and those entities branded in .TV will realize that .TV actually stands for Tuvalu, not "television."

•••
I second the vote for .TV. I like .IN too, but I'm not familiar with the Indian market, so I usually stay well clear.

•••
I believe Tuvalu merely leased the rights of their ccTLD to others. If that's true, when the lease runs out, anything can happen.

The extent to which business entities have branded in .TV without realizing potential consequences down the road is astounding. Eventually, education will prevail and those entities branded in .TV will realize that .TV actually stands for Tuvalu, not "television."

You are correct but I wouldn't worry much about the end of lease. Not only it brings a very nice income for this little island but Tuvalu also owns 20% of dotTV which is the company that operates the domain.

•••
.io seems to be the fastest growing ccTLD now online, it is the British Indian Ocean Territory country's code.
The more the extension is useful to people the more the value will rice; in short the more the demand the more the people will need the extension and the more the price in the aftermarket will rice.

Cheers.

•••
I personally like .IN but now i also like TV and CO

•••
•••
I also think .io will continue to see growth, but I also like .in and .co

•••
.in has a great LONG term outlook. If vanity/tech branding is not the reason then i dont see why .io has a great future. .eu, .co,.br/.com.br,.cn are all doing well too.

•••
.io is a personal favourite of mine. I don't know why it's so appealing, it just is. One of the only cctlds that I would by in fact. Saying that, bought a .es the other day for a domain hack: conservativ.es

•••
I found a couple recently in .as. It's easy to remember like .tv and .in IMO.

•••
.CO is the best cctld for all time.

•••
@elmoney - Then why are there pages and pages of them dropping at GoDaddy?

•••
@elmoney - Then why are there pages and pages of them dropping at GoDaddy?

I like this cctld, shorter and mean COmpany, COrporation, COmmerce etc.
I think that domaining waiting big sales .co in the future

•••
•••
I like this cctld, shorter and mean COmpany, COrporation, COmmerce etc. I think that domaining waiting big sales .co in the future

I agree with your thinking, but that didn't really answer the question as to why so many .co domains are dropping. I think the only valuable domains will be one word dictionary domains, which of course are all brandable to almost anything. Even 2 words are going to be a stretch, imho. Which is the answer why there are so many .co domains dropping. Of course there will always be exceptions :) All this is assuming .co takes off as something adopted by the COmpany, COrporation, and COmmerce etc, communities.

•••
I have sold .tv .to .cc domains, all for 5 figure prices. I still own many of them.

•••
I like .io .uk & .tv

I think the problem with .UK is that there are so many possibilities where the name is reserved by the .co/.net/.org.uk registrations I haven't found 1 .uk domain which wasn't reserved.

•••
I have sold .tv .to .cc domains, all for 5 figure prices. I still own many of them.

congrats. I wish I could do the same with mine.

•••
I agree with your thinking, but that didn't really answer the question as to why so many .co domains are dropping. I think the only valuable domains will be one word dictionary domains, which of course are all brandable to almost anything. Even 2 words are going to be a stretch, imho. Which is the answer why there are so many .co domains dropping. Of course there will always be exceptions :) All this is assuming .co takes off as something adopted by the COmpany, COrporation, and COmmerce etc, communities.

You are right, we have higher chance to sell with .CO premium 3L, dictionary words and some great brandable domains, than other similar cctld.

•••
That's so true about the .uk. One particular registrar let me purchase vodka & 007.uk. I was so surprised I could get these I investigated further only to find out that .co.uk holds the rights for 5 years :( I got my refund tho

•••
.TV is always going to be great imo, I do like .io and that maybe where I focus some buying activity soon

•••
What do you guys think about com.au?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back