Dynadot

Whats the next hottest CCTLD?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

startupsold

Established Member
Impact
Hi, what do you think would be the next big CCTLD? .cn is gaining some ground, what else? Are CCTLDs valuations based on a country's economic growth? what are some other attributes considered to valuate these domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally believe next hot extension is .IN and i cant see any close competitor to .IN for fundamental reasons.

Branding :
  • .IN short and easy to use and remember , also a english dictironary word
  • Great potential to brand like . INsurance , .INfo, .INvestment , .INc, .INternatinal, .INstrument, .INk.. like many similar branding opportunities
  • A great domain hack potential too like Kev.in , berl.in ..etc
  • Open registration for all , so anyone can use
Usage Scope:
  • Its a country code for the 1.3 billion population, by 2022 the worlds largest populated country will be India
  • Many new tech start ups are coming in Under Make In INdia Initiative and many of them are getting started using .IN
  • Number of internet users are around 400 million and more and more internet users will be coming in future
Pricing:

• Registration cost for first year is 3 USD and renewals are avaialble as low as 6.5 USD, holding a name for 3 years only cost 16 USD , so very attractive on pricing end
Reseller market:
There is a nice reseller market but no one can see it until they enter inside that.. many sales happened at INF , as the dedicated forum for .IN domainers. So the reseller activity at namepros is little..

In terms of Indians , awareness is very little.. so the reseller prices are much lower than any other popular extenstion and makes it more attractive to focus..

Availability for hand registrations:
below are unavailable
3N.in, 4N.in , 5N.in chips , many 6N.in patterns are unavailable too
3L.in , CVCV.in , AAAB.in or BAAA.in patterns
Most of keywords are registered too

At the same time the total number of registrations reported around September 2015 are 1.7 million names, very likely it could have crossed 2 million ( not announced officially , so cant be accurate ).. which makes attractive to find many nice gems with little hardwork.

with all the above reasons i would like to stay with .IN and i cant see any other extension is offering close enough advantages..

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I like both the .IN and .TV extensions. Not too familiar with .cn and since they don't speak English it would be a gamble for me to dip in that market. I think .TV has a promising future for the simple fact that people will associate it with television. I think .IN has a good future mainly because of growth in technology inside that country.

•••
btw I think .io is in a Bubble.

•••
I think .com will be king. Even in China, most people prefer to register .com domains so that they can give the illusion of being an American company which allows them to export their goods easier. Americans would buy from a .com domain and have products delivered from anywhere rather than make a purchase from a .cn domain.

This is not to say that country code domains aren't valuable. They are...just not nearly as valuable as the .com sld.

.Com is King and everyone knows it when you are targeting globally. But country code domains are very valuable too.

For Example, Amazon using .com for there global site but uses .IN to represent India , .co.uk to represent UK , .ca to represent Canada

In my Opinion .IN and .co.in will be next hottest cctld. As @domainpundit wrote earlier there is huge opportunity , low cost , huge market to target , great potential for usability and overall unlike many cctld its open for all.

•••
.in is on fire...

LLL floor (any combinations - we don't discriminate) has crossed $200+ from $65 in November
NNNN have also doubled in price since July - scattered will find one or two in the low $$$ range
NNN are almost as rare as the Kohinoor - no ones selling any for less than $,$$$
Keywords getting double the inquiries from a year ago - (lots of lowball offers, nevertheless showing increase in interest level)

.in for internet, international, incorporate

.IN is the next hot extension despite of who agree or disagreee. fundamentals speaks for it.. I am agressively buying lll.in, nnn.in and keyword.in names. i wouldnt mind invest more into .IN i can see my investments are multiplied by few times.. .IN is definitely next hot extension

•••
.in is on fire...

LLL floor (any combinations - we don't discriminate) has crossed $200+ from $65 in November
NNNN have also doubled in price since July - scattered will find one or two in the low $$$ range
NNN are almost as rare as the Kohinoor - no ones selling any for less than $,$$$
Keywords getting double the inquiries from a year ago - (lots of lowball offers, nevertheless showing increase in interest level)

.in for internet, international, incorporate

•••
I also think .io will continue to see growth, but I also like .in and .co

•••
Personally I think parking is a load of rubbish and there is no money to be made from it

•••
Parking only works on certain domains... and you have to 'try' to park them before you will 'know' if its a good parking domain or not. I have over 1000 domains and only about 30 domains get 'clicks' daily.

Finding domains that bring in revenue from parking is not east, but once you discover which domains work these domains are the gift that keeps on giving.

•••
•••
For sales, so far, I had success mainly on the .ch and .co.uk extensions
As for parking, I get fairly good income from .in , .co.uk, .pl, .ru, .fr, .co, .nl and .it

There are too many variables though to explain here.

All in all, when I first started parking -about a year ago- I noticed that everyone was against newbies buying non-coms and nets , so to me it was obvious that's where I should focus , on all non-coms and nets :)

•••
My vote would go to either .IN or .CN/.COM.CN

•••
•••
.Com is King and everyone knows it when you are targeting globally. But country code domains are very valuable too.

For Example, Amazon using .com for there global site but uses .IN to represent India , .co.uk to represent UK , .ca to represent Canada

In my Opinion .IN and .co.in will be next hottest cctld. As @domainpundit wrote earlier there is huge opportunity , low cost , huge market to target , great potential for usability and overall unlike many cctld its open for all.

Well said Tushar.. 100% agree, .COM is the king .. where its comes to next CCTLD its .IN.. India has almost 18.5% of the world population and .IN is open for all.. these two are good enough to increase the value for .IN names compare to any other CCTLDs , Its also has the second largest english spoken language in the world and very soon it will be number one on that aspect too.. English is the common business language In India , so any multinationals can enter with ease.. in terms of the prices .IN names are still undervalued compare to the strengths it has Per example still people can buy LLL.in names below 200 ( offcourse very few ) , where as .COM lowest price is close to 16 to 20K USD.. without much doubts i can invest into .IN names as I strongly believe the future hot extension is .IN.

•••
.io seems to be the fastest growing ccTLD now online, it is the British Indian Ocean Territory country's code.
The more the extension is useful to people the more the value will rice; in short the more the demand the more the people will need the extension and the more the price in the aftermarket will rice.

Cheers.

•••
•••
.in has a great LONG term outlook. If vanity/tech branding is not the reason then i dont see why .io has a great future. .eu, .co,.br/.com.br,.cn are all doing well too.

•••
I have sold .tv .to .cc domains, all for 5 figure prices. I still own many of them.

congrats. I wish I could do the same with mine.

•••
thats ok, but just know that some good, growing ccTLDs have guaranteed demand and thats special now that we live in a world of .whatevers.
Most of the .whatevers is just what it is - useless crap nobody cares about. So, who is typing out email addresses for a company like jonathon.doe @ americandoctor.directory . Yea, there is a mouthful.

•••
.in, regarding India growth rate

•••
Cheap renewal's, word hacks and short forwarders are why I love .in and .al, and why they will take hotness to the next level.

•••
I like .cc and .co

Can anyone please share what .io is an abbreviation for, what it's used for? I don't quite get it.

I think for obvious reasons .me and .in also appeals to many. I'm not quite into them though.

•••
•••
I believe Tuvalu merely leased the rights of their ccTLD to others. If that's true, when the lease runs out, anything can happen.

The extent to which business entities have branded in .TV without realizing potential consequences down the road is astounding. Eventually, education will prevail and those entities branded in .TV will realize that .TV actually stands for Tuvalu, not "television."

You are correct but I wouldn't worry much about the end of lease. Not only it brings a very nice income for this little island but Tuvalu also owns 20% of dotTV which is the company that operates the domain.

•••
I personally like .IN but now i also like TV and CO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back