IT.COM

discuss .KY cctld

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Christopher Lumley

Established Member
Impact
What is everyone's take on the cctld .KY? There are killer keywords, NNN, and LLL available. Even at a $40 renewal fee, do you think the Chinese will eventually go after these as well?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had a thread some time ago, .ky has opened up where anyone can reg them.

I think .ky is as good as any cctld, bit higher than some but if you can grab something rare go for it. I've been looking around this morning and reged a couple more before the end of the year.

Who really knows what China likes but at least .KY is a chip extension vs many of the others. I'm on a few just in case...

•••
I belive it is very limited. KY is for Cayman Island, it is popular for taxreason but thats it. only 50k People live there. There are more interesting ccTLD´s

•••
That's what I thought too Mad409. Most people don't know .KY is a cctld for the Cayman Islands either, the couple of people I talked to thought it was for Kentucky. I have registered:

1. Car.ky
2. See.ky
3. Apartments.ky
4. 887.ky
5. 188.ky
6. 088.ky
7. Games.ky
8. Shop.ky
9. Shopping.ky
10. Business.ky
11. Guitars.ky
12. Stores.ky
13. Digital.ky
14. Audio.ky
15. Music.ky

•••
I belive it is very limited. KY is for Cayman Island, it is popular for taxreason but thats it. only 50k People live there. There are more interesting ccTLD´s

True but it also works for the state of Kentucky in the U.S.. I think many cctlds are generic in nature for the most part.

I only have a couple anyway HIJ.ky, this was bought mostly because it's cool and very few 3 L with following LL extension in order exist. I added them up, they're very limited in cctlds.

Just registered 111.ky and that's enough for now. ;)

•••
it also looks like korean domain what you say guyz?

•••
Check out this link. It shows what all TLD's mean in Chinese.

Domainnamewire.com/2015/12/23/what-if-tlds-are-chinese

.KY means can; possible; able to in Chinese.

I also picked up Toys.ky!!

•••
Check out this link. It shows what all TLD's mean in Chinese.

Domainnamewire.com/2015/12/23/what-if-tlds-are-chinese

.KY means can; possible; able to in Chinese.

I also picked up Toys.ky!!

Thanks for sharing, very interesting...

•••
Anytime!! I think it's only a matter of time before the Chinese have bought up every affordable gtld and cctld under $50 renewal fees.

•••
So... Anyone ever sold .ky? :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back