Dynadot

What's the difference between PPC and affiliate marketing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I would like to do both, a combination of PPC and Affiliate marketing how do I get my hands into both? Thank you for the google adsense can you help me with affiliate marketing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PPC - Pay to send traffic somewhere

Affiliate - Get a cut of the sale of any products

Many internet marketers like to combine the two, sending adwords to a sales page for an affiliate product

•••
Well you can combine both. For affiliate sales normally you need lot of traffic than for PPC. but there are different type of affiliates you can choose pay per lead, pay per action etc.

•••
PPC gives money per click and in affiliate marketing you earn commission per sale generated through your site..

•••
In PPC, you get paid for per clicks while in affiliate marketing, you just get the percentage of the sale you've generated. Most of the affiliate marketers out there use PPC for generating traffic and bringing people to their sales page, where they convert that traffic into money by generating more and more sales.

•••
I would like to do both, a combination of PPC and Affiliate marketing how do I get my hands into both? Thank you for the google adsense can you help me with affiliate marketing.

Ads plus affiliate program: this is the best option that I think webmasters have to earn money from their websites. You can simply search in Google about the affiliate programs that are offered in Niches that are related to your site's niche. I will suggest to go with a affiliate program that is relevant to your Niche: that will help you get better conversion rate.

•••
I agree with the people above, you can combine PPC and affiliate marketing together to earn much more!!

•••
PPC is just what it says, you get paid for each qualified click of a banner or ad you place on your website, whereas Affiliate marketing generally pays you a commision based on sales resulting from a click from your website.

•••
Well unless you have really high traffic or you have a site where products are being sold, earning from affiliate marketing is difficult as the user has to buy something for you to earn. PPC is a much easier way to earn with less potential for any kinda loss.

•••
Both approach has its advantages/disadvantages. It all depends what niche u're in. If it is a high demand, low bidding keywords, then go with PPC.

If it is a high demand, high keywords bidding, then you might want to use affiliate marketing techniques to drive traffic to the site.

Of course you can use a combo of both. Most IMs, will use a combo of both. The impt thing is to set a budget always & don't go overboard if you do not rank the 1st page of Google. I shoot for 5th to 10th position when starting out a new niche.

•••
I would like to do both, a combination of PPC and Affiliate marketing how do I get my hands into both?

Are you talking about using PPC to drive traffic to affiliate offers (that's how most would use the combination) or are you talking about earning from PPC? Some of the comments above are about earning from PPC? :-/

•••
I've done nothing but parking (which is worthless) and am just now trying to figure out better ways to monetize my domains. So apologies for the newbie question... But could someone explain how you use PPC to generate traffic for affiliate sales? My confusion stems from the fact that PPC ads are paid for by advertisers to generate traffic for THEIR sites - not yours. How do you get paid for PPC ads that lead to your affiliate pages?

•••
My confusion stems from the fact that PPC ads are paid for by advertisers to generate traffic for THEIR sites - not yours. How do you get paid for PPC ads that lead to your affiliate pages?

YOU place and pay for your own ads and send people to your affiliate site. When the traffic from your ads buys something through your affiliate link, you'll be paid by the merchant, according to the terms of your affiliate agreement.

Many merchants have keyword bidding policies in their affiliate agreement - make sure you read these before launching a campaign so you know what you are and aren't allowed to do.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

•••
The "vague" approach to PPC involves placing Yahoo/Adsense ads on you site for PPC. It gets confused because you will find that a lot of those ads are placed by Affiliate Window or Commission Junction, with whom you can deal direct, and get a better rate. If your PPC is generating a lot of hits, take a look at who is benefiting and decide if you could do better with a few affiliate ads.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back