IT.COM

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The first time I mentioned it was simply pointing out you were more active there, than here. That's it.

At the rate we are going, that has obviously changed. :)

I am also active in the ICANN Registrar Stakeholder Group. Prior to October 2018, I really wasn't. I attended ICANN 64 in Barcelona and ICANN 65 in Kobe.

I was recently asked by a few people to also join the ICA.

Frankly, until recently I did not really pay much attention to ICANN or domain industry governance. It is really only in the last 6 months that it became obvious that there was a leadership void that needed to be filled.

•••
Instead of making long-winded posts where you're basically just repeating yourself

Whine, whine, whine ...

your time is probably better spent actually reading what you're attempting to respond to.

Clearly I read everything I respond to. As a matter of fact, I quote others and examine particular phrases within what they have written.

You posted you don't read the posts here, the Twitter account, the Gab account.

True. Until this scandal, I visited NamePros only about once every 3-4 months. Also, as mentioned, I don't use Twitter or Facebook personally beyond having some placeholder accounts. And I have never set foot in Gab.

I posted earlier about post count, somebody mentioned that post, you replied saying something along the lines of you not being sure that was accurate. You aren't sure because I guess you're lazy?

Yes, everybody who knows me knows how lazy I am. Or perhaps I was responding to a NamePros post while in a hurry. Believe it or not, I do have a day job. At least, I did have one prior to resigning at Epik; and I still do have responsibilities.

You're talking about the number of posts Rob Monster has made on some other website, as I recall. Is it lazy of me not to monitor my boss's personal behavior? Perhaps. But, frankly, it irritates me that other people think it's my obligation to monitor what he is doing as an individual. Doing things like reading his personal posts on Gab or Twitter has never interested me personally, and it has never been part of my job description. Much less confirming what someone else says are the number of posts Rob has made.

Listen, dude, I never said you were wrong about the number of posts Rob had made. I simply said I didn't know. And I didn't check whether you were right because I didn't care. Is that laziness? You can choose to see it that way. But I refuse to work at any job that would require me to monitor my boss's personal behavior day in, day out.

How much time would it take for you to read your business Twitter account?

Not sure. Epik's Twitter account was never 1 of my responsibilities. I was generally busy with TLD management; writing tasks for the developers to execute; responding to customers' questions; dealing with UDRPs, subpoenas, and ICANN compliance issues; troubleshooting and testing; and so forth.

After resigning at Epik, I have even less time or interest to review Epik's Twitter account, since I have a lot of open tasks, projects, and responsibilities to attend to.

Really, dude, you need to stop insulting others and do something constructive.

•••
Whine, whine, whine ...

Clearly I read everything I respond to. As a matter of fact, I quote others and examine particular phrases within what they have written.

True. Until this scandal, I visited NamePros only about once every 3-4 months. Also, as mentioned, I don't use Twitter or Facebook personally beyond having some placeholder accounts. And I have never set foot in Gab.

Yes, everybody who knows me knows how lazy I am. Or perhaps I was responding to a NamePros post while in a hurry. Believe it or not, I do have a day job. At least, I did have one prior to resigning at Epik; and I still do have responsibilities.

You're talking about the number of posts Rob Monster has made on some other website, as I recall. Is it lazy of me not to monitor my boss's personal behavior? Perhaps. But, frankly, it irritates me that other people think it's my obligation to monitor what he is doing as an individual. Doing things like reading his personal posts on Gab or Twitter has never interested me personally, and it has never been part of my job description. Much less confirming what someone else says are the number of posts Rob has made.

Listen, dude, I never said you were wrong about the number of posts Rob had made. I simply said I didn't know. And I didn't check whether you were right because I didn't care. Is that laziness? You can choose to see it that way. But I refuse to work at any job that would require me to monitor my boss's personal behavior day in, day out.

Not sure. Epik's Twitter account was never 1 of my responsibilities. I was generally busy with TLD management; writing tasks for the developers to execute; responding to customers' questions; dealing with UDRPs, subpoenas, and ICANN compliance issues; troubleshooting and testing; and so forth.

After resigning at Epik, I have even less time or interest to review Epik's Twitter account, since I have a lot of open tasks, projects, and responsibilities to attend to.

Really, dude, you need to stop insulting others and do something constructive.

You probably should take your own advice as far as insulting. Don't ask of others what you're not willing to do yourself.

And I expected the, I'm really busy reply. My point was one more of time management. If you have time to post about something, you should take a few minutes to actually read what you're posting about.

"And I have never set foot in Gab."

That's the point. If you did, you might have a better understanding of what people are talking about.

•••
"And I have never set foot in Gab." That's the point.
So only Gab power users are qualified to have a viewpoint about Epik and Rob Monster? Someone like me who has worked at Epik and with Rob daily should just keep his mouth shut. Sure, sounds reasonable.

You probably should take your own advice as far as insulting. Don't ask of others what you're not willing to do yourself.

Did you feel insulted by "dude"? Or did I just make you look foolish by dismantling what you said? Looking foolish might feel humiliating, but that doesn't mean I insulted you.

And I expected the, I'm really busy reply.

A prophet in our midst! What a scumbag I am for not bothering to check the facts and figures YOU cite.

Again, I recommend you find something constructive to do. Currently you are just wasting time finding fault with what you think I ought to be doing with my own time.

•••
So only Gab power users are qualified to have a viewpoint about Epik and Rob Monster? Someone like me who has worked at Epik and with Rob daily should just keep his mouth shut. Sure, sounds reasonable.

Did you feel insulted by "dude"? Or did I just make you look foolish by dismantling what you said? Looking foolish might feel humiliating, but that doesn't mean I insulted you.

A prophet in our midst! What a scumbag I am for not bothering to check the facts and figures YOU cite.

Again, I recommend you find something constructive to do. Currently you are just wasting time finding fault with what you think I ought to be doing with my own time.

Gab power user? What in the world are you talking about. Anybody can read, you don't have to join. It's some obvious stuff I'm posting. Yes, it helps to actually read, especially if that's the topic. The topic isn't your employment with Epik. There have been many times where you posted that you weren't aware of this and that. That's because..............you didn't read.

I'm not the one looking foolish, to be unaware of your own reply.

Last edited:
•••
For those of you who are following the present hysteria in New York about mandatory vaccinations, we have an example of free speech being used to expose another false narrative:

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/mainstream-media-falsely-used-image-measles/

Measles are a nuisance. It is rarely lethal. In fact, even well before the MMR vaccine the mortality rate of measles was approaching nil.

Show attachment 115451

The idea that people should be forced to get vaccinated is medical tyranny. You can thank free speech for exposing the measles epidemic propaganda when mainstream media is amplifying a false narrative.

Your chart is misleading. Here is the rest of the chart that was cut out -

anti-vax-measles-graph.png

(Note - these are US stats only)

The measles vaccine is highly effective. You see after the introduction how the number of cases dropped instantly?

No matter what the mortality rate is, far fewer cases will result in far fewer deaths.

Also, while the death rate in the US is low, globally -

In 1980, 2.6 million people died of it,[6] and in 1990, 545,000 died; by 2014, global vaccination programs had reduced the number of deaths from measles to 73,000.

Is there any conspiracy you don't believe in?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Gab power user? What in the world are you talking about.

Ugh. OK. You didn't understand what I said. So I will try again.

Anybody can read, you don't have to join.

Even after saying you don't understand what you just read, you sarcastically preach to me that I need to learn to read? A tad ironic.

Yes, it helps to actually read, especially if that's the topic.

If this thread were entitled "What's going on at Gab.com", then absolutely I would need to read Gab posts in order to comment. But that isn't the title of this thread, now is it?

My point was this: I have written here about Epik and Rob Monster and registrar neutrality and free speech and other topics. You condemn me for doing so because I didn't spend my time reading Gab posts or personal Twitter posts by Rob Monster. Apparently, in your eyes, I am unqualified to express an opinion about "What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster" because of this.

There have been many times where you posted that you weren't aware of this and that.

So? Will I go to Hell for not being up to speed on what people are saying on Twitter or Gab? I don't use those websites personally. My job at Epik never required me to use Twitter. And, from my perspective, Gab.com was just 1 controversial domain among hundreds of thousands of domains that I dealt with. So I don't see why I should be expected to be aware of 100% of the things you or others have dug up from Rob Monster's online activity. It was never my job to monitor Epik social media – and much less Rob's personal communications.

Apparently not knowing everything that happens on Gab or Twitter disqualifies me from expressing my perspective on Epik and Rob Monster, right?

Hence my short comment earlier about "Gab power users", which you admit you didn't understand. Clear now? (It's like explaining an English joke to my non-English-speaking GF.)

Who was it who said?
Instead of making long-winded posts where you're basically just repeating yourself

And then rambled on and on and on and on about how I need to read more and read more and read more?

Anybody can read, you don't have to join. It's some obvious stuff I'm posting. Yes, it helps to actually read, especially if that's the topic. ... That's because..............you didn't read.

4 times consecutively, dude. My posts might be long, but I dare you to find me writing 4 redundant sentences in a row!

•••
Ugh. OK. You didn't understand what I said. So I will try again.

Even after saying you don't understand what you just read, you sarcastically preach to me that I need to learn to read? A tad ironic.

If this thread were entitled "What's going on at Gab.com", then absolutely I would need to read Gab posts in order to comment. But that isn't the title of this thread, now is it?

My point was this: I have written here about Epik and Rob Monster and registrar neutrality and free speech and other topics. You condemn me for doing so because I didn't spend my time reading Gab posts or personal Twitter posts by Rob Monster. Apparently, in your eyes, I am unqualified to express an opinion about "What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster" because of this.

So? Will I go to Hell for not being up to speed on what people are saying on Twitter or Gab? I don't use those websites personally. My job at Epik never required me to use Twitter. And, from my perspective, Gab.com was just 1 controversial domain among hundreds of thousands of domains that I dealt with. So I don't see why I should be expected to be aware of 100% of the things you or others have dug up from Rob Monster's online activity. It was never my job to monitor Epik social media – and much less Rob's personal communications.

Apparently not knowing everything that happens on Gab or Twitter disqualifies me from expressing my perspective on Epik and Rob Monster, right?

Hence my short comment earlier about "Gab power users", which you admit you didn't understand. Clear now? (It's like explaining an English joke to my non-English-speaking GF.)

Who was it who said?

And then rambled on and on and on and on about how I need to read more and read more and read more?

4 times consecutively, dude. My posts might be long, but I dare you to find me writing 4 redundant sentences in a row!

haha, wow.

•••
Is there any conspiracy you don't believe in?

Brad

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a conspiracy analyst.
- Gore Vidal

Gore is back in the news this week because Julian Assange made a concerted effort to have his book prominently visible during his arrest at the Ecuadorian embassy today in London.

See here:

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/h...ng-when-he-was-arrested-is-vitally-important/

As to whether or not Julian Assange is controlled opposition, or whether Wikileaks itself is a honey-pot, I have no idea.

What it is safe to conclude is that Gore Vidal was, in his own words, an unapologetic atheist, and per his own family, a pedo.

The search for truth is non-partisan. You can thank civil liberty that it is possible that the body of work of anyone can be analyzed in the context of who they really were, not who they purported to be.

•••
•••
Glad you can laugh at yourself. It's the first step to recovery.

Yours might be seeking help. Not sure what part of reading what you're talking about might actually help, goes over you head. Or the part where you mention many times you weren't aware of stuff.

Last edited:
•••
haha, wow.

Glad you can laugh at yourself. It's the first step to recovery.

You guys crack me up.

As Joseph knows, I have a name for the persona that Joseph is manifesting here. Sometimes I would implore Joseph to keep "Snarky on the leash". Apparently Snarky's back. :)

Seriously though Joseph is an awesome talent. He is quick-witted, articulate, thoughtful. As such, I think he is a really good guy to have on your side. He is also one I would advise to not provoke rhetorically.

I will definitely miss having Joseph as Director of Operations at Epik. He is a compliance rockstar. Assuming we can add 1-2 strong personalities to the Epik board, I might implore him to stick around!

•••
Your assessment of Christianity applies to all religions. There are differences within all religions. There is no religion with 100% consensus. I felt the need to point this out because you seem to be picking on Christianity.

Actually, you're not reading. I quoted and responded directly to his post. No kidding to what you posted.

I think the tragedy is not about faith, but about extreme bias of censorship. This is what I have fought against, and this is also what has triggered some vocal opponents.

When it comes to biased censorship, the worst offender, by far, is Facebook. Twitter and Medium are further down the list. YouTube does censor, tweak their algos, and demonetize, but most content stands.

I believe the thing the adversary hates the most is genuine people that are Christian. There is very little else in this world that will consistently get you censored, mocked, or both. The evidence is even visible in this thread.

For example, there is a black fellow, a former gangster/thug, who shares on YouTube how his life turned around. His message inspires a lot of black youth. He is not incendiary but Facebook bans him, e.g. today:

To draw a parallel, my own engagement of hardcore Nazis and ANTIFA activists went down a similar path, to try to overcome hate with love, and to try to replace divisiveness with unity.

For goodness sake, give those who are genuinely engaged in propagating peace, the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
•••
For example, there is a black fellow, a former gangster/thug, who shares on YouTube how his life turned around. His message inspires a lot of black youth. He is not incendiary but Facebook bans him, e.g. today:

I would point out a few things:

His FB page is actually live - https://www.facebook.com/marcus.rogers.75

YouTube page live - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMarcusjrogers/videos?app=desktop

Instagram page live - https://www.instagram.com/marcusrogerschildoftheking/?hl=en

Censorship when everything is live?

I understand he might have been banned before from your post. There is always another side to the story. Plus, what's been pointed out many times, sometimes it's a simple algorithm, which can get it wrong. That's why a lot of these people get unbanned.

I remember when the Egg Boy story came out, his Twitter account was banned. I have no idea why. I imagine some on the Right went on a reporting spree and it was handled by an algorithm.

Why an algorithm?

Facebook:
"Worldwide, there are over 2.32 billion monthly active users"

You can't hire enough people to monitor 2.32 billion users. So they're going to rely on some tech for that kind of stuff.

---------------

Egg Boy, see how this can work the other way as well:

'Egg Boy' Appears To Have Been Suspended From Twitter But The Senator He Egged Hasn't

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...wN4-CFSqrP6qBv_wCayUbXv5SohH3342J5k58mszeB0Tc

His account is still suspended btw - https://twitter.com/will_connolly__

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you got that far, then you saw these too:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMarcusjrogers/search?query=facebook

Please don't play dumb. You know the techniques:

Hobble / De-rank / De-index
De-monetize
De-platform
Unperson / Discredit

This guy has fought plenty of uphill battles. It's bullsh*t.

Reread my post. I just pointed out his accounts are all live, fact. I just pointed out how they suspended somebody you would consider to be on the left, while the guy on the right still has an active account.

You didn't touch the algorithm part.

It goes both ways. What you're doing is playing into the, they're out to get us stuff. It bonds those on the Right. Just doesn't hold up when you look at the actual facts.

Last edited:
•••
Reread my post. I just pointed out his accounts are all live, fact. I just pointed out how they suspended somebody you would consider to be on the left, while the guy on the right still has an active account.

You didn't touch the algorithm part.

It goes both ways. What you're doing is playing into the, they're out to get us stuff. It bonds those on the Right. Just doesn't hold up when you look at the actual facts.

I am not going to debate you about liberal/conservative bias though I am guessing you came across this treatise on anti-conservative bias in social media. For me, it is sufficient that we agree that there is consistent evidence of unjustified censorship on major social media platforms. It matters less to me whether it happens due to algos, brigading, or organized editorial policy. What does matter is that it is happening a lot more as social media has become more weaponized for the purposes fomenting contention.

Although I have taken issue with your use of a pseudonym, I actually appreciate your ability to assemble facts and present logical arguments and with minimal ad hominem. Smart guys who are articulate need to work together to combat the real foe who wants to take away the right to lawful free speech whether it be through takedown policy like "Trusted Notifier" or new Draconian EU Copyright Law, or outright censorship that is happening apace. I am guessing we can agree that these things are all bad news.

Based on my own informal survey of the emerging Alt-Tech space, it is my deeply considered conclusion that the main reason why censorship has not become more severe is because these Alt-Tech providers still exist at all. Should these Alt-tech providers cease to exist, or should a sustainable operating model not allow them to provide a consistent user experience, the world would be left with de facto monopolies, and hand them an unmitigated license to manufacture consensus. And yes, if true, that would be a conspiracy.

It is for this reason that I am not only against censorship, but also support those who educate people on why it is important to resist censorship as it represents an antidote to tyranny. Self-censorship, mob rule, and brainwashing, are all symptoms of the problem. I am not saying I have all the answers, but I reserve the right ask questions and seek answers, both for myself and for future generations. Of course you can say that I am crazy, and you might get a few people to agree with you.

•••
I remember watching the heavily promoted launch of the space shuttle Challenger. Lots of schools showed it at school and kids watched it explode. There is reasonably good evidence that nobody died.

I'm here as a member, not as a moderator, and this is as Off Topic as a thread can get, but here goes.

I cant say for sure whether this happened or not, but I can say I first met Judith Resniks parents back in the late 80's and have been to their home many times, and if she was still alive then they deserved a Oscar. Their house was a shrine to her lifes works, and the pain of her loss was constantly in their eyes.

I wont get into this any further, but this was a highly religious, orthodox family and I seriously doubt they had it in themselves to perpetrate such a hoax.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
44 pages and counting...
Some kind of viral marketing or what???

•••
44 pages and counting...
Just an open discussion with different views. No reason to be offended or get angry.

•••
•••
44 pages and counting...

Well, I think the thread evolved into a broader discussion about the merits of lawful free speech seasoned with occasional references to debates and speculations about why the world works the way that it does. I was late to the party -- around page 16. There have been some fairly meaty posts in this thread.

•••
I'm here as a member, not as a moderator, and this is as Off Topic as a thread can get, but here goes.

I cant say for sure whether this happened or not, but I can say I first met Judith Resniks parents back in the late 80's and have been to their home many times, and if she was still alive then they deserved a Oscar. Their house was a shrine to her lifes works, and the pain of her loss was constantly in their eyes.

I wont get into this any further, but this was a highly religious, orthodox family and I seriously doubt they had it in themselves to perpetrate such a hoax.

Peace,
Kenny

Kenny,

If you want to go down that rabbit hole, I suggest you study the history of Freemasonry and their very large and ongoing role at NASA. Here is the clue for Ms. Resnik:

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com...cle_2765d62d-8e7c-549c-a5f7-e252c7f048bd.html

upload_2019-4-13_16-15-34.png

As you can see, Daddy was a 32nd degree Mason -- he was pretty big time in other words.

For calibration, the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry caps out at 33 degrees. At the 32nd degree is when they tell you the God of masonry is Lucifer.

As you can see here, pretty much all the Astro-Nots are on that list, e.g. John Glenn, Buzz Aldrin, etc. The Freemasons display it proudly.

More here:

If you find a living guy who says he was in outer space, odds are good that he is a freemason with a blood oath to secrecy. That is not a judgement statement. Prophecy will be fulfilled, including deception.

I believe the myth that we are in the space age is part of a larger deception that started with evolution and ends with UFOs and an "alien invasion" which, when it happens, it is more likely the demonic realm.

Like I said, the rabbit hole is deep. It is worth going down as there is nothing more noble or worthwhile than applying your free will and ample intellect to search for truth.

Good luck!

•••
Your chart is misleading. Here is the rest of the chart that was cut out -

anti-vax-measles-graph.png

(Note - these are US stats only)

The measles vaccine is highly effective. You see after the introduction how the number of cases dropped instantly?

No matter what the mortality rate is, far fewer cases will result in far fewer deaths.

Also, while the death rate in the US is low, globally -

In 1980, 2.6 million people died of it,[6] and in 1990, 545,000 died; by 2014, global vaccination programs had reduced the number of deaths from measles to 73,000.

I am 51 years old. Measles, chicken pox and mumps were fairly routine growing up. Pox parties were a thing back then and they are making a comeback in 2019.

As for why these diseases are making a comeback, perhaps because of open borders, or some other reason, however it is not a deadly pandemic and won't be.

The idea of herd immunity is real. The question is how to achieve it.

The idea of mandatory vaccines for varicella zoster or rubeola, is ludicrous. That was my point and I stand by it. Proper hygiene will keep it in check.

To be clear, I am not anti-medicine. However, I think too much of the medical establishment is engaged in monetizing a disease annuity rather than preventing and curing.

•••
Kenny,

If you want to go down that rabbit hole, I suggest you study the history of Freemasonry and their very large and ongoing role at NASA. Here is the clue for Ms. Resnik:

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com...cle_2765d62d-8e7c-549c-a5f7-e252c7f048bd.html

Show attachment 115658

As you can see, Daddy was a 32nd degree Mason -- he was pretty big time in other words.

For calibration, the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry caps out at 33 degrees. At the 32nd degree is when they tell you the God of masonry is Lucifer.

As you can see here, pretty much all the Astro-Nots are on that list, e.g. John Glenn, Buzz Aldrin, etc. The Freemasons display it proudly.

More here:

If you find a living guy who says he was in outer space, odds are good that he is a freemason with a blood oath to secrecy. That is not a judgement statement. Prophecy will be fulfilled, including deception.

I believe the myth that we are in the space age is part of a larger deception that started with evolution and ends with UFOs and an "alien invasion" which, when it happens, it is more likely the demonic realm.

Like I said, the rabbit hole is deep. It is worth going down as there is nothing more noble or worthwhile than applying your free will and ample intellect to search for truth.

Good luck!

@NameLlama disliked this post. Bummer.

Mark Kelly and his twin brother Scott Kelly should also be getting their nominations for Academy Awards sometime soon. Gabby Giffords, wife of Mark, should probably get one too.

Some have gone down the rabbit hole on that one too:

Free speech at work. And once again, Google is your friend. At some point, the enormous blessing of a free and public internet with minimal censorship could go away. We are not far away so use it.

And if you like a video, you can use Epik's WatchMask.com to watch it privately and then download a private copy for offline storage, all for free. Enjoy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back