IT.COM

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no IF about it. You gotta call it for what it is. @Rob Monster did post on Twitter that the New Zealand mosque massacre is a hoax.
Show it?

The tweet I saw Rob did not use the word "hoax."....The tweet I saw he seemed to question oddities. ..The word "hoax" was words others used.

Perhaps @Slanted can answer.

Was it called a "hoax" by Rob?

•••
Show it?

The tweet I saw Rob did not use the word "hoax."....The tweet I saw he seemed to question oddities. ..The word "hoax" was words others used.

I'll let @Slanted take this one.

•••
People died, but there was a fake video, just questioning if the video is fake
Makes a lot of sense
(y)

•••
Women should be free to make their own choices, including how they dress. "Moderation and understanding" includes not judging women negatively who wear a head scarf. It's just an article of clothing like any other.

I believe that everyone should respect the right for women (or anyone else for that matter) to Voluntarily wear headscarves, and no one should think any less of them for their choice of fashion. But if it is made Mandatory for Only the Women to wear headscarves, then that is considered a form of discrimination. An article of clothing once forced on a certain group of people can become a symbol of Suppression, Intimidation, and Hate no matter how simple or small it is, a good example is when our Jewish friends were forced to wear armbands.

If there is a law that requires to cover ones head or hair then that law must apply to everyone equally regardless of their gender or race.

Last edited:
•••
Show it?

This is what I'm talking about. Just went over that in my last post. I literally gave you a link where Slanted used the word hoax in 12 different posts. How many times do you want him to address it? Again:

https://www.namepros.com/search/32521677/?q=hoax&o=date&c[user][0]=994412

Just go reread those posts.

Last edited:
•••
Because this thread is going off-topic and losing its seriousness, I will make my last attempt to reach Rob's inner-person, his heart.

Rob, you claim that you are a Bible-believing Christian. So you know that the second greatest commandment is to "love your neighbor as yourself", as stated by Jesus Christ, who as we know was both a Jew and the founder of Christianity.

The Jewish scholar who asked Jesus that question about the greatest commandment followed up with "Who really is my neighbor?"

Jesus' answered with one of his most famous parables. The one about the Good Samaritan. I don't think I have to go into details because we all know it. The Samaritan who found a Jew half dead, by the robbers, and then helped him to full recovery. All the while a priest and a Levite saw him but then wondered by and ignored this poor man.

In Jesus' day, Samaritans were hated by the Jews because although they descended from a Hebrew blood-line they became mixed with other nations. Yet he said they are to be loved as one loves himself. Today there is no Samaritan nation. So if Jesus gave this parable of the Good Samaritan today, what nation in existence would he use instead? It would more than likely be a Good Palestinian. A muslim.

So how would you answer "who really is my neighbor"?

Now why would you go and rub salt into the wound of our beloved neighbors whose tears from the loss of their loved ones have yet to dry off?

Why would you suggest that the death of 50 unarmed men, women, and children is a hoax? While real families and friends are still mourning their deaths?

Whether you actually answer these questions, or continue to remain silent, the answer will be loud and clear.

@strugar

Can you explain what you dislike about the post?

•••
This is what I'm talking about. Just went over that in my last post. I literally gave you a link where Slanted used the word hoax in 12 different posts. How many times do you want him to address it? Again:

https://www.namepros.com/search/32521677/?q=hoax&o=date&c[user][0]=994412

Just go reread those posts.
Yes @Slanted used the words "hoax."....Undeniable.

The question is did Rob use the word "hoax?"

I have been on this thread defending the right of Rob to question oddities. I saw nowhere where Rob called it a hoax. I defended his right to question evidence. At no time did I see Rob called it a hoax.

So did Rob call it a "hoax"?

I understand the disrespect that using the word "hoax" has on victims. I apologize if my words have not conveyed that properly in my defense of Rob.

This thread is about Rob, not @Slanted.

So again.

Did Rob use the word "hoax?"

•••
•••
@Rob Monster You wrote in the Twitter post linking to the killer's video, "maybe discerning eyes will dicypher the use of symbols and runes".

Can you enlighten us as to what those symbols and runes mean?

Was this anywhere expounded upon?

Last edited:
•••
Just reposting for info a couple of archive links others have posted already:
http://archive.li/RmKAT
http://archive.is/I6AtH

By the way in the Free Speech thread I have asked Rob Monster a question that might need a bit of reflection:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-speech.1129018/page-4#post-7164239
So since you want to discuss freedom of speech and values, I would really like to hear you explain how you reconcile Christ's teachings - that one should love one's fellow man - with facilitating the broadcast of messages that are intended to make us hate our fellow man.

•••
What do you call it when someone says something didn't happen or was staged?
Did Rob say that? Did he say "staged"?

One last time, he seemed to question some oddities. Oddities that have many possible explanations besides calling it "staged" or a "hoax.".....Yes, I know @Slanted had implied Rob did that. Although, I have seen no evidence as such.

Yes, my defense of Rob looks unjustified when @Slanted calls it a "hoax."

So can we get one simple answer. Just one.

Did Rob call it a "hoax?"

It's a "yes"or "no" question. No need to turn this into a word salad.

•••

One last time, he seemed to question some oddities. Oddities that have many possible explanations besides calling it "staged" or a "hoax.".....Yes, I know @Slanted had implied Rob did that. Although, I have seen no evidence as such.

Use your common sense and a thesaurus.

•••

I do not have access to all he posted but if you look at the archive links I have just reposted, there he says the video "looks like a low budget CGI" and points out details that to him support that. He then adds the hashtag #BS. So whether he used the term hoax somewhere else I do not know, but I think what you read there is him saying he thinks the video is Bullshit, that we should not see it as real. If it was not real and was not created by a random algorithm then what is it - a parody, a work of fiction, a hoax?

•••
I do not have access to all he posted but if you look at the archive links I have just reposted, there he says the video "looks like a low budget CGI" and points out details that to him support that. He then adds the hashtag #BS. So whether he used the term hoax somewhere else I do not know, but I think what you read there is him saying he thinks the video is Bullsh*t, that we should not see it as real. If it was not real and was not created by a random algorithm then what is it - a parody, a work of fiction, a hoax?

I am starting to think that @Internet.Domains is an account associated with @Epik.com and @Rob Monster

With so much documentation available, the questions "he" makes are bizarre.

•••
I do not have access to all he posted but if you look at the archive links I have just reposted, there he says the video "looks like a low budget CGI" and points out details that to him support that. He then adds the hashtag #BS. So whether he used the term hoax somewhere else I do not know, but I think what you read there is him saying he thinks the video is Bullsh*t, that we should not see it as real. If it was not real and was not created by a random algorithm then what is it - a parody, a work of fiction, a hoax?
I will no longer answer those type questions. You can question a video and some news reports while still believing the crime happened. It's pretty simple, let's not complicate that.

I'll just wait until someone can show where Rob called it a "hoax?"

•••
I will no longer answer those type questions. You can question a video and some news reports while still believing the crime happened. It's pretty simple, let's not complicate that.

My point exactly. Bizarre.

•••
•••
•••

I took the trouble of replying to what you said because I too have not seen the word hoax and I wanted to understand how we got where we are. You are entirely right to ask if he actually used the word hoax and we don't want to be putting words into people's mouths.

It's understandable that some people reading what he wrote would paraphrase it as him calling the video a hoax, but then the paraphrase gets treated as a quote and we have people saying Monster used the word hoax when, probably, he did not.

Let's not get hung up on one word, I think we can see he called the video into question.

•••
I took the trouble of replying to what you said because I too have not seen the word hoax and I wanted to understand how we got where we are. You are entirely right to ask if he actually used the word hoax and we don't want to be putting words into people's mouths.

It's understandable that some people reading what he wrote would paraphrase it as him calling the video a hoax, but then the paraphrase gets treated as a quote and we have people saying Monster used the word hoax when, probably, he did not.

Let's not get hung up on one word, I think we can see he called the video into question.
Correct. There are reports of fake videos out there. That could explain some oddities.

Regardless, I have defended Robs right to question oddities on pages of this thread.
All of sudden @Slanted pops up and calls it a hoax and says Robs actions are insulting and makes apologies for him.

No doubt confusion abounds in this thread.

•••

Just to be clear, no one says he, @Rob Monster, called it a "hoax". As if he is being quoted verbatim. But it is obvious what he did. Calling into question the NZ killer's video's veracity.

Wait, he didn't say that either: "I am calling into question the video's veracity".

So what did he do? I guess nothing. Let's move on. Nothing to see here.

This is classic gaslighting.

Last edited:
•••
Guys, I am troubled that you know how to use english words like this 'hoax'

A hoax is a falsehood deliberately fabricated to masquerade as the truth. It is distinguishable from errors in observation or judgment, rumors, urban legends, pseudosciences,..

Ok
Let's see
He says something about low budget CGI
Shell casings disappear
"Nobody rushes" the shooter
People want the video to "disappear"

Let's THINK FOR A SECOND
Is he talking about a "FALSEHOOD DELIBERATELY FABRICATED"???
Could he mean this is a HOAX
COULD IT BE

•••
With all respect due he is one who needs saving right now.

I agree. Rob needs to change what he's doing – and not just for the sake of preventing further damage to Epik or his own reputation. Whatever his motives, he is promoting conspiracy theories that serve the ends of xenophobes and racists. That harms society. Period.

Also, Rob is permitting antisemitic comments that are made to him or near him without repudiating them publicly. That emboldens bigots and abets the spread of their poisonous views. I don't believe Rob shares those views. So he ought to criticize them harshly and unambiguously. I implore him to do so. If he doesn't, people will assume that he shares those views.

And it's worth reminding the fact that those 'sinners' are not just some strangers on a forum, they are customers of Epik who add up to your bottom line. Perhaps the business is good and that is the reason why Epik continues to cultivate and tap the market.

Untrue. Gab.com is 1 domain registered at Epik. It's not even hosted at Epik. As a registrar, Epik makes a few pennies per year on a domain renewal – if that. Gab is a forum full of its own members. Only a tiny fraction of them would have any business at Epik now or ever.

To the extent that Epik is perceived as having a close affiliation with Gab, and as a result of Rob's political posture in public, Epik suffers a net loss of customers and domains. That's especially true when there is a PR scandal like this. To say that it's motivated by money is absurd. It's motivated by Rob's personal views. Anybody who was thinking rationally about money or business would never take the principled stand Rob has taken. We can disagree with his stand or his principles. But what everybody can agree is that this alienates a large sector of Epik's audience. As such, it has been terrible for business. Obviously.

•••
To the extent that Epik is perceived as having a close affiliation with Gab, and as a result of Rob's political posture in public, Epik suffers a net loss of customers and domains. That's especially true when there is a PR scandal like this. To say that it's motivated by money is absurd. It's motivated by Rob's personal views. Anybody who was thinking rationally about money or business would never take the principled stand Rob has taken. We can disagree with his stand or his principles. But what everybody can agree is that this alienates a large sector of Epik's audience. As such, it has been terrible for business. Obviously.

@Slanted

What is your strategy to mitigate this PR scandal?

Last edited:
•••
If MSM attacks you, probably you are a good guy, or enemy of evil guys, or you were their puppet and they don't need you anymore. MSM attacks "fake news". Some of those can really be fake news. Some fake news can be added to the list to create confusion. But main purpose of calling them fake, is to hide some facts, like ones about 9/11, or moon landing, Titanic, Kennedy, historic gold, nazis, jews, vatican,..It is difficult to find a 100 percent true alternative media either, but some of the most important facts can only be found there. Why say this: Huffpost must have an agenda here. MSM is a true supporter of Nazis. Grandfather of GWB supported Nazis, his grandson doesn't like the new POTUS although they are both "republican", and MSM calls the current POTUS a Nazi and attacks him with nonsense claims. MSM is a big liar and distractor in important topics.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back