Dynadot

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

NameSilo
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lots of positivity in this thread on this sunny afternoon (for me at least). Let's all enjoy a sweet cold lemonade :)
Yes, what a change in weather. For me, today will be hotter than an Epik special offer!

•••
Lots of positivity in this thread on this sunny afternoon (for me at least). Let's all enjoy a sweet cold lemonade :)
Raining here :-D

Yes, what a change in weather. For me, today will be hotter than an Epik special offer!
I have been using Epik since late 2015 I believe but have been Godaddy customer for 17 years.

•••
ok so we all know epik is great
and rob is great

and now let do some domain sales
and let's stop praising somebody else but the lord

.. where is the vomit emoji??

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hi @Silentptnr -- do you spam much?

Would your comments be more fitting for

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-your-epik-experience.1146613/

I don't understand the barrage of seemingly off topic posts. Were you passively suggesting my posts are also off topic and I need to create a new thread?

#postpadding
TGIF! :)

What's going on with epik and rob monster....
Epik = Happy customers, cutting edge product offering, investor supportive
Rob = Busy as sh*t, focused as heck

•••
•••
Ye lilyliver'd lobotomized excuses for a liposuction;

Let us praise, and
Bury the negativity
Bring forth the positivism
+1 (un)silentpartner
+1 solid loyal samer
+1 namedeck, ye well-rounded human
and grilled.. well, +1 because you are loyal to none, but loyal to all. Because we always need to question, especially when things get too comfortable.

What's going on with Epik and Monster? +1000, they've got the awesomeness going on. Always have, actually.

•••
I like what I'm seeing at Epik. Services are running pretty darn smoothly. Registering domains is easy, transferring great, escrow service great, liquidation platform working! Nice knowing Epik is there and growing!

•••
Last edited:
•••
escrow service great

Other thread you were implying you've never actually used it.

Lots of beholden types in the thread.

@Grilled - not really paying much attention to it (extra busy this week), seems like usual stuff.

They enforced their TOS. Just like every other registrar out there. Nothing wrong with that. When GoDaddy enforced their TOS against GAB, somehow it was an issue. It was used for marketing purposes, free speech warrior nonsense for Epik. Now look at the replies to the tweets, getting clowned on. The statement released yesterday To Be A Patriot - For all our champions of free speech.

Well, up to the point of violating the law, and how is that different than any other registrar out there? These people, when they talk about free speech, they mean everything. If you want an everything type of free speech, just see what registrars/hosting they use when they get dropped. So in regards to that topic, I don't see how they're different from any other mainstream registrar/hosting out there.

Last edited:
•••
Other thread you were implying you've never actually used it.

Lots of beholden types in the thread.

@Grilled - not really paying much attention to it (extra busy this week), seems like usual stuff.

They enforced their TOS. Just like every other registrar out there. Nothing wrong with that. When GoDaddy enforced their TOS against GAB, somehow it was an issue. It was used for marketing purposes, free speech warrior nonsense for Epik. Now look at the replies to the tweets, getting clowned on. The statement released yesterday To Be A Patriot - For all our champions of free speech.

Well, up to the point of violating the law, and how is that different than any other registrar out there? These people, when they talk about free speech, they mean everything. If you want an everything type of free speech, just see what registrars/hosting they use when they get dropped. So in regards to that topic, I don't see how they're different from any other mainstream registrar/hosting out there.
I haven't used it yet. What I'm seeing and hearing is great!

•••
•••
100% agree with you JB in that respect.

Do you feel they should stop that kind of advertising then? Here are some of the replies under that tweet:

"...until we decide you aren't worthy of speech"

"You're not for free speech, so I don't care what you have to say. I'll never do business with you.

"Just not free speech huh? Not REAL free speech, only what we believe in, and have the guts to stand up for?"

"Oh look at all that free speech support! Anyone ever notice how EVERY SINGLE one of these "Muh free speech" platforms ALWAYS fail when confronted with the part of "free speech" where they have to allow speech they actually disagree with."

"Ah yes, once it's been proven you DON'T ACTUALLY STAND FOR FREE SPEECH, you fall back on the "Muh death threats" Nobody believes you, you hypocritical pieces of garbage. Once again proving that the right-wing SJWs like YOU are no different than regular SJWs. How pathetic."

"Oh boo hoo, media slapped you around without investigating to get the story right. Kind of like how you dropped hosting without investigating to get the facts straight. You're getting hate for a knee-jerk hypocritical reaction, not because you're right. Zero sympathy."

"Oh and look, they deleted the tweet from earlier to Josh wherein they said free speech has limits, because they're good little cucks Good thing the internet never forgets!"

"I hate xxxxxxxxx more than most but that doesn’t mean I think websites should be pulled because of it, hell let it happen so the users can ID and expose those scumbags. Most people on those sites despise those fuckers."

"The fearmongering regarding chan sites has gotten excessive. “Oh no they let people outside the Overton window communicate, how terrible!” has become far too common of a sentiment."

-----------
See what I'm saying? If you're going to use that angle to promote, some of the people that were engaged in the past, are going to want you to go all the way with it or you get this kind of stuff.

All those replies are from here:

Last edited:
•••
Do you feel they should stop that kind of advertising then? Here are some of the replies under that tweet:

"...until we decide you aren't worthy of speech"

"You're not for free speech, so I don't care what you have to say. I'll never do business with you.

"Just not free speech huh? Not REAL free speech, only what we believe in, and have the guts to stand up for?"

"Oh look at all that free speech support! Anyone ever notice how EVERY SINGLE one of these "Muh free speech" platforms ALWAYS fail when confronted with the part of "free speech" where they have to allow speech they actually disagree with."

"Ah yes, once it's been proven you DON'T ACTUALLY STAND FOR FREE SPEECH, you fall back on the "Muh death threats" Nobody believes you, you hypocritical pieces of garbage. Once again proving that the right-wing SJWs like YOU are no different than regular SJWs. How pathetic."

"Oh boo hoo, media slapped you around without investigating to get the story right. Kind of like how you dropped hosting without investigating to get the facts straight. You're getting hate for a knee-jerk hypocritical reaction, not because you're right. Zero sympathy."

"Oh and look, they deleted the tweet from earlier to Josh wherein they said free speech has limits, because they're good little cucks Good thing the internet never forgets!"

"I hate xxxxxxxxx more than most but that doesn’t mean I think websites should be pulled because of it, hell let it happen so the users can ID and expose those scumbags. Most people on those sites despise those fuckers."

"The fearmongering regarding chan sites has gotten excessive. “Oh no they let people outside the Overton window communicate, how terrible!” has become far too common of a sentiment."
Yes, I do think it should stop. With the momentum they have going now, I would say let's shed any controversy and work on more growth.

People forget most everything. But it's hard to forget if there is still talk.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I do think it should stop. With the momentum they have going now, I would say let's shed any controversy and work on more growth.

We agree on that one. I wouldn't use that angle anymore. Every time they do, they'll get what you see above. Move on from it.

•••
We agree on that one. I wouldn't use that angle anymore. Every time they do, they'll get what you see above. Move on from it.
When I built my company, I built it with the help of other professionals that believed in my vision. There came a time that I had to re-align my relationships and pull back some from speaking from the hip. There was a microscope on me and it was part of being successful.

My opinion is the Epik is reaching a point where re-alignment and attention to detail (especially press releases or releases of any kind bearing the company logo) is becoming necessary imo.

It's a healthy part of growth.

It's why we don't see many CEO's fraternizing here on NP. They have passed that point.

I am so impressed with Epik and with Rob's work ethic. Good things are happening. But....as hard as letting anything go is, I would properly delegate most, if not all, front-facing communication.

With that said, Epik's CEO has done a great job thus far showing that even a sizeable company can reachable and available at the highest level.

•••
There's a saying in business. A client will love you the most when they first meet you. With each subsequent contact, they like you a little less. Make people happy and move on. The longer you stay, the less they will like.

•••
Speechless.

NSFW. Vulgar content. Doxxing. Mentions of the namePros Wikipedia thread.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/epik-seizes-9chan-us.68698/

Perhaps it's time namePros holds an official best registrar poll. So to put an end to all this award winning registrar talk, if that award they speak of is aligning Epik with namePros to leverage reputation repair.

I imagine if namePros voters knew Epik would try to polarize and leverage their controversial win to this degree, I think some would have either thought twice about their vote, or maybe even caused others members to question their namePros membership, if by default, that associates nP members with epik and their agenda.

I don't agree with any of this. It's a terrible mess. And it's hard to be neutral if namePros is being dragged into this.

Last edited:
•••
I dont concern myself with what registrars host. No time to look into those things. God only knows what GD has hosted, etc.

I know the names I see at auction on GD are often nsfw.

I think Epik is on a good track. My domainer friends are singing praises.

About time we had a registrar make a point to serve the domainer community.

•••
Speechless.

NSFW. Vulgar content. Doxxing. Mentions of the namePros Wikipedia thread.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/epik-seizes-9chan-us.68698/

Perhaps it's time namePros holds an official best registrar poll. So to put an end to all this award winning registrar talk, if that award they speak of is aligning Epik with namePros to leverage reputation repair.

I imagine if namePros voters knew Epik would try to polarize and leverage their controversial win to this degree, I think some would have either thought twice about their vote, or maybe even caused others members to question their namePros membership, if by default, that associates nP members with epik and their agenda.

I don't agree with any of this. It's a terrible mess. And it's hard to be neutral if namePros is being dragged into this.

kiwifarms is a disgusting uncensored forum had Bianca Devins' murder photo

kiwifarms' registrar is DreamHost, LLC

Glasshouse, unless you like posting unauthorized photos of murdered people.

You'd stoop so low cite kiwi farms? They are more"9chan" than epik
That site scares me.

•••
No it's the review section right bro?

Here you go bro. Maybe this will help jog your memory.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...ng-time-and-money.1119508/page-6#post-7329104

We talked about this last week.

Hello Rob

Great financial analysis.

While we are talking about financials, why don't you post a copy of Epik's so your customers know what they are getting into?

You sent me a copy a few months ago when you approached me to sell Epik, remember? I'm not sure what account you hold your escrows in given in December 2018 you had less than $50,000 cash between your bank and Paypal accounts. That's not enough to even pay out all those people that you got to buy Masterbucks.

Regards
Matt

•••
•••
Here you go bro. Maybe this will help jog your memory.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...ng-time-and-money.1119508/page-6#post-7329104

We talked about this last week.
Being that this is a review thread of Epik, let me say that I have been more than impressed with Epik. I had always been a fan, but what I have seen, being an entrepreneur myself, is remarkable. Service, attention, pricing, cutting edge tools. Just sweet.

I am most impressed by what other investors are saying and doing though. :)

•••
Agreed.

Thank you (NOT!!!) @Rob Monster for bringing this nonsense to the domain world. And roping namePros in, in the process.

Their vision of "not censoring" goes deeper than words;

That site is closer to the darknet than anything I've seen

They fought for the right to not have it taken down. Wow!
Keep turning a blind eye, no respect victim's family.

Last edited:
•••
Being that this is a review thread of Epik, let me say that I have been more than impressed with Epik. I had always been a fan, but what I have seen, being an entrepreneur myself, is remarkable. Service, attention, pricing, cutting edge tools. Just sweet.

I am most impressed by what other investors are saying and doing though. :)

I get it.

You want more new threads on namePros.

Somebody else can create them if they want.

But I think the forum is sick of new Epik shit flinging threads popping off.

•••
Back