Dynadot

.tv Whatever Happened to Pimp.TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
Looks like it's about ready to taken on the drop.

Never understood the whole story on this name... it was made into a site with plenty of traffic but the name was on "lease" until it was purchased.. then it was purchased? or it wasn't? Then the whois was the original owner?

All the same, no more boobs and gamers either way.

{Not sure if this adds to the .TV conversation but I thought some old AllThings people might be interested}

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no idea, but I like the person who is going to spend the $1,100+ moreover than the name itself

•••
Was picked up by the person who sold them the name.

•••
Did you frequent the site DU ? I never checked it out after the sale, did it stay updated ?

•••
Did you frequent the site DU ? I never checked it out after the sale, did it stay updated ?
No.
From memory, after it was kind of prominently named as a big sale (on lease terms with final buyout etc.) the whois went back to Kevin and it was somewhat defunct. It was just a very strange situation where it was sold but it didn't really ever appear to change hands. Perhaps Kevin just made a decent amount and got the name back in the end (not sure if it was/is premium) after the venture failed. I actually think it's a pretty decent name :)

I guess similar to Open.TV which seems to have lasted about 6 months and then vanished (whois looks like it was sold to someone else).

•••
From my understanding the lease was fully paid and the nameservers were directed to the new venture during the time frame of payments. When it was all paid for, I don't believe the WHOIS updated due to the various push methods that can retain old owner information. With that being said, not sure what happened to the company that bought it, but it was a reported sale.

A

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back