NameSilo

Whatever happened to Emoji Domains?

Labeled as question in IDN and Emoji Domain Discussion started by MapleDots, Dec 1, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. christopherjohn

christopherjohn Founder of Naming.Media

I still like emoji domains. For me they always were additional marketing tools. Not replacements for existing domains. But just like a company can have a website and a Facebook account, and a YouTube channel, and advertise in papers and on billboards...they might also want an emoji domain. Because, they have characteristics that no other domains have. They are colourful, context giving pictures- a language on all smartphones. If you add emoji to text to give context and increase engagement, why not also do that with links?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. AutoDealer

AutoDealer Established Member

I saw several on a drop list about ten years ago. I thought it was a stupid idea and that they wouldn't really take off. I now have two one character domains, both .cc and one of them is the pi symbol. I'm pretty sure it's worthless but I'm going to hang on to them.

3. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: