NameSilo

discuss What you think of .XYZ domains

Spaceship
Watch

vntornado

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not junk if you can make money. Use that strategy and if it works for you, do it again.
Do you think a .XYZ can outsell .info .online and those similar ones for the same keyword?

•••
I have old many (about 50) one-word .XYZs for mid $xxx to mid $xxxx, and obviously I'm happy with that.

But would I use a .XYZ for a website myself?

- Probably not. I prefer a .COM or a new gTLD combo, like my user name.

Do I believe the success with .XYZ will continue?!

- I'm not sure. I think the demand might decrease in a few years. But I might be wrong.
Do you think miamihotels.com can sell for more than hotel.xyz or hotels.xyz ?
(Hypothetical domains)

Last edited:
•••
These were when some .xyz were listed as premium domains for sale. and their renewal costs appeared very high. The whole process of declaring them as premium and having the higher renewal costs seemed curious.
They list any premium names on gen.xyz/premiums & they don't change price on names that you own. You may have randomly searched a premium, and that is why you'd see the renewal price high.

•••
as for the downvotes , i guess its ok to be able to bring down someone just because you disagree or you're a big loser or a bitter person in life, a forum medal is all you got and that's all dead it doesn't mean you are actually anything valuable for anyone in life.
Yep I bet this person knows hes being talked.

•••
•••
Seems like they deleted my post but here's it again , this domainer will give me life advice and downvote me wow

https : // dan . com/domain-seller/happy-domains-0b09a4d0-f83b-49e1-9bbb-84a7bcfbcc97?&results=50&order_by=relevance

•••
IMO .xyz circulation success among grassroots domain investors, even if initially low amount, is key as a reflection of NP power (like LLLL.com popularized here: around 2007 sold NGOs.com Sedo Auction 2.5k but then values dropped for a moment)

•••
I think it's a hype that will die down after a while.

•••
While .xyz did well in its first two years, prior to the ill-fated penny offer. It came back in recent years for several reasons, including the branding move toward single-word names, and the dearth of single-word .com within startup budgets.

The web3 association played a critical role though:

The systematic and impressive work by Swetha to acquire many of the best .xyz names, and to price them at a level recognizing the worth that she saw in them, has no doubt contributed much. Web3 startups expect to pay a solid price for .xyz, but not as much as they would pay for the same term in .com.

-Bob

Spot on Bob! I totally agree on all.

•••
Aren't some of the renewals for .xyz in the hundreds to thousands of dollar range? Perhaps I misunderstood on the registrars some of their renewal prices, but it seemed that .xzy had some of the highest renewal prices I had ever seen.
No at least in namecheap specifically is 2$ now and 20$ something per year.

•••
1666517240796.png

•••
Well proof marketing and pricing can influence. I didn't take up those 99c offers but when you price thing $1-2 -5er more keywords per dollar it grows. Today as people keep and trade best of those keywords it shows how well marketing can influence industry. It could have been another short extension eg .web same plan would have resulted perhaps better.

•••
Read my lips: IT'S WORTH IT IF BOUGHT AT A RIGHT TIME (which was 1-2 years ago). BUYING ANY 1-2-3-5 WORDS IN XYZ RIGHT NOW IS USELESS, IMO.
Read mine too and my actual question, this question comes from many K sales on 2 keyword domains reported , at the extension of .xyz
Do you personally value xyz as an extension for any keywords or not at all , that's the question.

My question is so simple you made it a long thread of no answers and non sense , wasting my yours and probably mods time watching over this.

A question on a general discussion topic of forum is to be helped by better people in the industry supposedly , in this particular thread you've been answering whatever random shit guys and girls wanted to and down voting me for no reason, I hope you're proud of who you are today.
I didn't ask you for if I should buy groceries, I didn't ask for name length that a XYZ must have.

Last edited:
•••
bashing .xyz will only strengthen its entitlement...

•••
I didn't downvote you, but I guess it's due to the fact that there are quite a few threads on the subject, with a one central one
Folks here don't really like when the same question is being asked over and over.

Renewal cost of /xyz is $9,99 with Epik, similar to dot com.

I agree with a previous comment that it's late to start buying xyz now, if you haven't started it 1-2 years ago.
I didn't ask if it's late for buying xyz , I just asked if you think this extension is worthy as it is for any 1 or 2 cool popular keywords

•••
Just hand reg AsianGirl.xyz to join the party. 🤣

•••
XYZ is the best TLD ever and will surely destroy COM in a year's time.

Last edited:
•••
Dude, it's just the way you formulated the initial question is pretty stupid and when people trying to explain it to you, you get aggresive.

''What do you think of .xyz domains'' - well, it's just an extension, just like any other. Some people make money with it, others don't. The majority of experienced domaines do chip in, buying major keywords and combinations. But it doesn't mean that I personally value it the same way I value dot com. I would buy a combo with the word ''crypto'' for xyz, but I wouldn't buy a combo with the word ''food'' in it (which is a very popular keyword in com too).. So, I do think that xyz has potential, but not nearly dot com, only in certain niches.
Of course I'll be aggressive when 10 are down voting me for no apparent reason, simple question, and another 2 are trolling me with non sense answers on my own post what did you think?

•••
"The default price for . xyz domains is $10 per year to create, renew, and transfer, including ICANN fees."

Am I talking with professional domainers here or with trollers ?

•••
Dude, it's just the way you formulated the initial question is pretty stupid and when people trying to explain it to you, you get aggresive.

''What do you think of .xyz domains'' - well, it's just an extension, just like any other. Some people make money with it, others don't. The majority of experienced domaines do chip in, buying major keywords and combinations. But it doesn't mean that I personally value it the same way I value dot com. I would buy a combo with the word ''crypto'' for xyz, but I wouldn't buy a combo with the word ''food'' in it (which is a very popular keyword in com too).. So, I do think that xyz has potential, but not nearly dot com, only in certain niches.
Again read my question and if you have a reply for this as a professional, perhaps by experience, comment and I'll be more than thankful to learn , I don't need the extras if I can buy groceries for 20$ , if me or anyone can afford xyz renewals that are 10$ etc..I don't care about all that.

•••
The thing is I noticed with .xyz domains is that there is a person or persons who have namebio contract. They or him put .xyz domains with highly bloated prices over 40k to prove there is sales. Actually there arent and them are found also in sedo with outrageous prices with nobids. But this person tries to claim he sold them on his/hers website. Its called bubbling. Actually .xyz sells for example 100usd for 3 letter etc.. So very low. Bubbling is marketing trick also cheating.. I think they should remove that person from namebio.. I can say her name as private message. But not here!
that is interesting to know.. as this exists already with many influencer celebs on youtube instagram and twitter with many crypto coins right now! it is called shilling trash , thanks for the info.
One would only have to be naive to believe these things do not happen in high levels lol

•••
as for the downvotes , i guess its ok to be able to bring down someone just because you disagree or you're a big loser or a bitter person in life, a forum medal is all you got and that's all dead it doesn't mean you are actually anything valuable for anyone in life.

•••
The thing is I noticed with .xyz domains is that there is a person or persons who have namebio contract. They or him put .xyz domains with highly bloated prices over 40k to prove there is sales. Actually there arent and them are found also in sedo with outrageous prices with nobids. But this person tries to claim he sold them on his/hers website. Its called bubbling. Actually .xyz sells for example 100usd for 3 letter etc.. So very low. Bubbling is marketing trick also cheating.. I think they should remove that person from namebio.. I can say her name as private message. But not here!

•••
Your wrong
And she is a lady not a man
Your to late to the party.imo

I might be late but you're wrong too for writing "your" instead of "you're" so what now ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back